ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options

Replies

• abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    your story and photos are an inspiration! Congratulations!
  • njgal35
    njgal35 Posts: 28
    Options
    wow. keep it up girl
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing your pictures are your pictures are inspiring
  • crcajo
    crcajo Posts: 3
    Options
    AMAZING! What an inspiration. You look awesome! Hard work definitely pays off.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look incredible!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Glad you were able to make the changes you needed! Consistency is key, Willpower is required, but a good goal or reason makes it that much easier :)
  • erikaellacott
    erikaellacott Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on what you have accomplished so far. You are in inspiration....you go girl!!!
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm 5'8 and you're weight now is about where I'd like to be.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

Awesome to hear! I'm glad you came back swinging ;)
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You don't look like the same person. Way to go. Sorry for your circumstance, but you didn't let it beat you. Motivational. Seriously. Great job.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Truely inspirational! Congrats on your success!
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's an impressive job you've done! Be proud!
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing weight loss, well done you :)
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling as good as you look. Fantastic transformation. Well done.!!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!! PLEASE ADD ME !!!! WOW!! YOU LOOK AMAZING! GREAT WORK!
  • NicolelaJones
    Options
    Astounding! I'm going to look at this post every day to keep me going!
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look absolutely amazing!
  • Beba1980
    Beba1980 Posts: 11
    Options
    So inspiring! You look awesome and with 3 babies too!!! Seeing you makes me know it is possible! Thank You for sharing!
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! Your dedication is impressive and inspirational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!