Tatoo free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this post is just weak.

Why do you cover your beautiful body up with clothes then? lol.. flawed logic on my part I know ;)

I personally prefer people who walk around with nothing but tattoos :bigsmile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    third . . .tattoos MEAN SOMETHING to those who choose to get them

hey, i'm pro-ink. but this one bugs the bejeezus out of me. No, no they don't all MEAN SOMETHING. good lord.

i'm asked eleventy million times (thanks cory) ... what does is MEAN???
    um, nothing. i like it.

It's really not possible that you could just like a design.

I have a turtle ... Wearing a top hat.. Smoking a joint with a mom tattoo on his flipper tattooed on my collar bone. You know why I got it? Because it was hilarious. It has no meaning other than that....
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    I have a tattoo but would trade it for a awesome 6 pack. Maybe not I like my barb wire(Pamela Anderson Baywatch) tattoo.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    the bumper sticker on my bentley says "i love tatttoos"
  • What's that good ol' saying? The only difference between tattooed and non-tattooed people is that tattooed
    people don't mind if you're not tattooed.

AWESOME SAYING!!! I've never judged someone for not having tattoos so why would someone judge me for having them?! Pointless. :grumble:
  • I just want to say that as I browsed through many of these replies - the main thing I thought was -

MAN - A LOT OF THESE PEOPLE ROCK!! LOOK HOW MUCH WEIGHT THEY HAVE LOST!! THAT"S INCREDIBLE!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!

I think that's what this website is for so Congrats Everyone - Tattoo'd or not!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    I just want to say that as I browsed through many of these replies - the main thing I thought was -

MAN - A LOT OF THESE PEOPLE ROCK!! LOOK HOW MUCH WEIGHT THEY HAVE LOST!! THAT"S INCREDIBLE!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!

I think that's what this website is for so Congrats Everyone - Tattoo'd or not!!

Well said! :drinker:
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    I do not have a tatoo. I have no desire for one. I will never get one.I think some tatoos are true art work. I have nothing AGAINST tatoos or the desire for them (need to say this just in case the tatood people get up in arms).

I guess I just think that the human body is beautiful just as it is. A photographer friend of mine once said "a beautiful woman is her own accessory...clothing and jewellry should complement her..but not take focus from her". When I see a woman with a tatoo I'm more inclined to notice her ink first (maybee that's what she wants??? dunno). I guess I want people to notice ME..not my adornments.

Wow, people get so offensive! I'm personally not big on TATTOOS either but the OP has the right to her opinion and I don't think she was rude about it. So yeah, I agree with her (If that's ok with MFP). We all have the right to our opinions, even if our opinions are not the majority and are not disrespectful. I personally love my skin as it is and that's ok for me, and if other choose to tattoo themselves that's cool too!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    damn I thought someone was giving away free tattoos here. Instead it's just full of dumbness.
  • jld66
    jld66 Posts: 18
    I am not sure what tattoo's have to do with this kind of weight loss forum. Opinions are great when they are relevant to the topic. I never thought i would get a tattoo then after one of my Breast Cancer surgeries I got a butterfly with the bc symbol as its belly...it is carrying the breast cancer away. It is beautiful and honestly, when I loose the weight I am getting another one as my accomplishment present! There is enough crap out there in the real world, serious issues, real problems! Why someone would intentionally post something that is so negative and opinionated is beyond me...what I do know is that we are ALL GODS children and I will not judge anyone for what they choose to do with their life or their body.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I am not sure what tattoo's have to do with this kind of weight loss forum. Opinions are great when they are relevant to the topic. I never thought i would get a tattoo then after one of my Breast Cancer surgeries I got a butterfly with the bc symbol as its belly...it is carrying the breast cancer away. It is beautiful and honestly, when I loose the weight I am getting another one as my accomplishment present! There is enough crap out there in the real world, serious issues, real problems! Why someone would intentionally post something that is so negative and opinionated is beyond me...what I do know is that we are ALL GODS children and I will not judge anyone for what they choose to do with their life or their body.

I am not God's child. So please do not bring Religion into the forums.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    third . . .tattoos MEAN SOMETHING to those who choose to get them

hey, i'm pro-ink. but this one bugs the bejeezus out of me. No, no they don't all MEAN SOMETHING. good lord.

i'm asked eleventy million times (thanks cory) ... what does is MEAN???
    um, nothing. i like it.

I suppose I could have phrased this better. I don't think that ALL tattoos have to mean something or the person has to have had a REASON for getting the tattoo. Ink and the reasons why people choose to get it is unique to each person, part of who they are.
  • the bumper sticker on my bentley says "i love tatttoos"

LOLZ!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    . I'm actually curious as to why so many people feel compelled to get them. What is the reason?

no one knows
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    I get a kick out of someone saying that this symbol means confident, or this dragon means I won't put up with anyone

Whatever helps you validate confidence lol

I actually wanted to get a tattoo of Michael Myers on my leg a while ago, and still think about it lol.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    The only difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos dont give a damn whether you have tattoos or not. Jes sayin. Love ink, have 4 and will have more.

I don't have any tattoos. I think tattoos look good sometimes, other times not so much. Its not like I care that a person has a tattoo or not.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member

Your tattoo sounds super cute! What a great way to help you through a difficult time, carrying it away.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.