The awkward moment at the restroom/locker room

Options
:noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women take all of her clothes of right in front of me and i honestly didn't know how to react, i guess i just couldn't believe that just happened. i mean come on take your clothes of inside the shower nobody wants to see you like that!! but anyways it was very disturbing i was traumatized i didn't know if to go back to the gym or not!! the good thing is that by now i don't remember her face
has this happened to you?? feel free to share

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women take all of her clothes of right in front of me and i honestly didn't know how to react, i guess i just couldn't believe that just happened. i mean come on take your clothes of inside the shower nobody wants to see you like that!! but anyways it was very disturbing i was traumatized i didn't know if to go back to the gym or not!! the good thing is that by now i don't remember her face
    has this happened to you?? feel free to share

I take it , its your first time to a gym? I am a guy (sorry if you wanted a woman's response lol) however I have completely got naked in the locker room before I went to get a shower and many guys have done the same I feel that as long as you do not stare or feel bad about your body then who cares!!! hahaha if you do not feel comfortable in the locker room when someone is butt @$$ naked then leave the locker room and wait a couple of minutes before that person is either dressed and/or leaves.

Yes I have witnessed elderly men get completely naked and it is gross however its their right to do the same thing that us younger men do, therefore when I see that they are about to do it I turn my whole body so I am doing my own thing while not witnessing them.

Enjoy and feel free to add.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's probably good that we don't belong to a gym. I get naked in the women's locker room at mine. :smile: I'd probably scar you for life.
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't had lots of gym experience, but from what I've observed that's pretty typical. I don't see the big deal... if you're disgusted (which is kind of mind boggling) then ... don't look? But yeah... naked bodies in the locker room is not abnormal.
  • orchids85
    orchids85 Posts: 7
    Options
    yes i feel uncomfortable!!!
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I hear you! I have always felt that was a little weird also. :blushing:

In a way I am a bit jealous - wouldn't it be great to be that secure with your body!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    It's a locker room... people get naked. Did you not change clothes in front of each other in high school gym?
  • orchids85
    orchids85 Posts: 7
    Options
    it just happened as i got up from washing my face!! and yes it is disgusting!! but def next ti me ill drop whatever i'm doing and walk right out!!!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    There are people naked in almost every locker room I've ever been in on a regular basis, and this is perfectly normal. If it offends you, don't look. Staring is rude and creepy anyway.

Of course, I grew up going to nude beaches, so the human body holds no mystery for me. I've been hanging around with regular folks who are naked since I was about 6 years old. It's only our silly prudish society that associates the appearance of the human body with something evil or unwholesome.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Many gyms have a privacy area for people who are not comfortable undressing in front of others or for those who don't want to see everyone else undressing. You may want to check for this space at your own gym. Good luck!
  • hooplahoo
    hooplahoo Posts: 7
    Options
    I think you need to overcome your aversion to the human body...
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Locker room = naked people.

You will see more of them - it's your problem not theirs. Not sure how you will overcome it but there ya go...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's your problem not hers........
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Thats normal... A lot of gyms ive been to have people nude walking around. It used to shock me, then I just realized... Its a human body, who cares? If they are comfortable, power to them! You can look away.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women

shocked.gif
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I think you need to overcome your aversion to the human body...

This.

It's just a naked body. We all have one at some point... hopefully at least once a day.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's your problem not hers........

People naked in a gym locker room are disgusting and it traumatize you?? Look the other way and be glad you have not seen real life trauma yet.....
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I like naked women
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be harsh here, but I think it's a just a little sad that you'd consider a woman who is comfortable with her body in the nude to be disgusting. Uncomfortable? Sure. A bit shocking, even, if you'd never experienced that - yes. But imagine if someone else called your naked body disgusting... at the gym, no less, where you're trying to improve it and gain confidence.

Some people are more open than others with nudity - it's totally fine if you're not, but it would be great if you were open minded enough to appreciate the confidence. And who wants to change in a wet shower stall anyway? Just politely avert your eyes in the future, and try to come to terms with the idea that our bodies are just bodies... there should be no disgust there.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women

shocked.gif
    rofl!!! :laugh:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    We all got the same bits, no big deal.