The awkward moment at the restroom/locker room

Options

Replies

• kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm just gonna reply and say that I don't have a problem if people strip naked and then get dressed. But it is the lollygaggers that bother me.

There was this lady flying nude at the gym the other day with her leg up on the bench lotioning her body. Her legs were parted and she was totally showing the world what her momma gave her... It was a bit much.

Naked people don't bother me, its the people that take their sweet time blowdrying their pubic hairs with the gym blowdryers and those who rub and lotion themselves up that bother me.

Edited to add... so I understand where you are coming from.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I lived in Germany for several years, and it's very normal for women to strip down in the locker room and shower. In fact, they kind of laughed at us Americans wearing our swimsuits in the shower. Our culture is a bit priggish - which is so silly when you consider whata we watch on television and movies! The best thing is to avert your eyes if you're uncomfortable, but remember - it's just a body. We all have them!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't criticize others for being free with their body, so I would hope that they would respect my modesty.

How in the world would a person who is minding their own business, changing their clothes, going to know anything about your "modesty"?

It's easy.... just look in the other direction if someone's naked body makes you uncomfortable. Either that, or stay out of the locker rooms.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky, At least you dont have shrivelled up old guys walking around naked in your locker room. I do... My eyes... my beautiful eyes!!! *gouges out with a spoon*

:laugh:
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    I can totally empathize with OP.

I was at the post office today and someone licked an envelope. I mean they stuck their tongue out and actually licked it.

What the hell's the world coming to?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    * Account Deactivated* lol It's not as bad as the old wrinkly hairy guys who stand naked in front of the mirror to shave..... Oh wait, I'm old too :-(
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Cripes, I sweat a lot at the gym, I get naked, shower, dry myself off and then cover myself with body lotion. Maybe it was me the OP was complaining about :noway:
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. Just can people face the lockers. What does bother me a lot is walking into the locker and seeing some little old lady slowly putting her bra on backwards and slowly turning it around. Seriously after a good workout I do not want to see some woman's old chest. It was unavoidable. I'd say go back just either at night or stay in the first third of the lockers
  • Luciendasky
    Luciendasky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY GYM... getting naked while not in the "changing areas" is against the rules
  • scorchy808
    scorchy808 Posts: 26
    Options
    a little modesty is usually appreciated but nothing to get freaked out about, live and let live
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm confused...isn't that what locker rooms are for? To change clothes...shower, etc? How can you do all that without getting naked? I usually strip near my locker, wrap a towel around me and head for a shower. We're all chicks...all have the same parts...no biggie...lol
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    An opinion is an opinion. We all have different ones. Isn't it awesome. My question is, was it really necessary to be so mean to this girl. She wanted honest discourse and she was run through the ringer by some. Great support people.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Aw you all scared her to deactivate her account! :sad:

As if it wasn't a disposable account created for the sole purpose of creating this thread.

If I was really creative, I'd add a picture of a troll here: [ ]
  • BikerKevin67
    Options
    HAHAHA!!! You really can't be serious with your post!!! If you are, you shouldn't go into the locker room.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    what did you do in highschool gym?
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women take all of her clothes of right in front of me and i honestly didn't know how to react, i guess i just couldn't believe that just happened. i mean come on take your clothes of inside the shower nobody wants to see you like that!! but anyways it was very disturbing i was traumatized i didn't know if to go back to the gym or not!! the good thing is that by now i don't remember her face
    has this happened to you?? feel free to share

This is why, I don't go to the gym... lol

Aside from money being tight
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Aw you all scared her to deactivate her account! :sad:

As if it wasn't a disposable account created for the sole purpose of creating this thread.

If I was really creative, I'd add a picture of a troll here: [ ]

EXACTLY
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ROFL. where did you find that video. thats awesome
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    :noway: ok so i am new to this gym and i went to the restroom/ locker i was washing my face and when i look up all i saw was this women

shocked.gif

:laugh:
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    :huh: