Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Ture...BUT...I have to give the edge to the goalkeeper who has only conceded 2 goals in his last 11-major-tournament games. Cristiano doesn't have Casillas behind him this time, now he has to get it past him. My money is on the captain of Real.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ture...BUT...I have to give the edge to the goalkeeper who has only conceded 2 goals in his last 11-major-tournament games. Cristiano doesn't have Casillas behind him this time, now he has to get it past him. My money is on the captain of Real.

Casillas will probably keep a really sharp eye on Ronaldo from when he's in Spain's half...sort of like how Joe Hart watched what Balotelli was going to do next in Sunday's game
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

I can't disagree with that. :laugh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Portugal are all over Spain. Cracking game so far.

The ref is definitely on the Barca payroll...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Força Portugal!
  • myofibril
    Options
    Força Portugal!

Yeah! I think most neutrals want Portugal to win because watching Spain play is usually about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Having said that, I wish Nani would stop falling over every time the wind changes...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Going for Spain...only because that is who I chose for my Soccer Pool at work....lol
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Pulling for Italy. Unfortunately wife pulling for Germany. Will make for an interesting day tomorrow...not expecting same result like 2006 World Cup though...but one can wish!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Only now saw this thread!!!! =D

GERMANY!!!!!!! To win :D Whoop whoop!!! Won't be easy tomorrow against Italy.... :D
  • myofibril
    Options
    Whilst Italy seems to be Germany's nemesis I think Germany are by far the better team and should win. They played some really great football against Greece and that was without Podolski & Gomez.

Add Thomas Muller into the mix and can you really bet against them.

I was secretly hoping to draw them in our office sweepstake :)
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Spain V Portugal. This is going to end in penalties.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I knew we'd do it!!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    562798_10150864927643414_369680747_n.jpg

I have nothing to say, except, I'll see you Monday, after we make history.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    Oh, BTW, how many goals has Casillas conceded in 12 major-title games? 2?

Yeah...QUE VIVE ESPANA!!!
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I won't say the better side won today, but Portugal could have pressed just a LITTLE more and pulled out a victory for themselves.

If Spain play that way against Germany, they will definitely lose.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    I'm sorry, but CLEARLY, the best team won today. Portugal was hardly dangerous at all, especially after the half. Germany, nor Italy,has the talent to stop history. At the end of the day, nobody has Casillas except Spain.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    they got first win against my boys... just saying.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    Other than Russia instead of Greece, I've been right every step of the way with this tournament, and Sunday will be no different. It will not matter who wins tomorrow, neither team will be able to stop history. The greatest team in the history of the Sport will be this Spanish team. 3 consecutive major-titles, NEVER DONE BEFORE, and on top of that, they will be favored to win the World Cup in Brazil. Get ready to witness History. Que Vive Espana!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    SPain played like doodoo today.... I wanted Portugal to win.

How about that ref today huh? So many whistles!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    SPain played like doodoo today.... I wanted Portugal to win.

How about that ref today huh? So many whistles!

Yeah, for Portugal. The refs had no effect on the outcome of this game. Spain was the better team, and deserved to win. Portugal did nothing in the 2nd half, and even less in the extra time.