Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options

Replies

• mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    SPain played like doodoo today.... I wanted Portugal to win.

How about that ref today huh? So many whistles!

Yeah, for Portugal. The refs had no effect on the outcome of this game. Spain was the better team, and deserved to win. Portugal did nothing in the 2nd half, and even less in the extra time.

oh i know...the ref sucked for both teams though... there was a whistle every 5 minutes... there was one play where Nani went on a run and the ref called it back for a foul even though he should have played advantage which was crap...

edit to add: Spain obviously wasn't CLEARLY the better team, considering they won in PK's... they pushed more the 2nd half, but portugal played well the 1st half... and if they were clearly the better team, they would have won sooner... Spain deserved to win after the 2 overtimes, but you can't say it wasn't close.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Spain dominated in the 2nd half and extra time. I never feared Portugal would score. Portugal feared Spain would. I've watched enough Futbol to know that Spain was clearly the better team, otherwise Portugal would've had more quality chances. They might've had 1 the whole game. Spain had about 3 or 4.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I suppose Italy wasn't CLEARLY better than England, according to your philosophy, even though Italy dominated, and had to win in PK's.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to talk trash, guy... I don't really care as much as you do, obviously, I just enjoy the sport in general. I'm just saying that, like any sport, you're not a clearly better team unless you prove it. You're clearly better if you're dominating the entire game. Both teams had plenty of good opportunities for goals. The ref sucked in general. Spain won so congratulations to them. I'm not saying they're a bad team.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    As a german I hope of course, Germany wins today and then kick Spains butt, like they should have done 4 years ago. But first things first, Spaghetti versus Schnitzel :drinker:
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Let's go Germany!

I think everyone wants to see a rematch of Spain-Germany... with the same outcome of course! :smile:
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    I'm in Spain for the final on Sunday as I was when they won the World Cup in 2010!! I figure I must be a lucky omen for Spain :laugh:

Come On Spain!! :drinker:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    hells yea! Deutschland all day! Watch us dominate :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but CLEARLY, the best team won today. Portugal was hardly dangerous at all, especially after the half. Germany, nor Italy,has the talent to stop history. At the end of the day, nobody has Casillas except Spain.

That's what you get when you had some Madridistas playing against each other on national futbol tournament. Since they're teammates under that belt so they know each other's playing styles & tactics.

Viva La Roja, vamos Españaaaaaa. Somos los campeones!!!! :drinker:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    As a german I hope of course, Germany wins today and then kick Spains butt, like they should have done 4 years ago. But first things first, Spaghetti versus Schnitzel :drinker:

I can feel it in my growling stomach now :tongue: :tongue:
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Last night's game was a killer! Spain nailed it!

So waiting for a Deutsch-Espana clash in the finals.

VIVA ESPANA!
  • WhyeatKachra
    Options
    At the end of the day, nobody has Casillas except Spain.

^^ This!!!

Iker Casillas...He's the Man!:love:
  • WhyeatKachra
    Options
    Let's go Germany!

I think everyone wants to see a rematch of Spain-Germany... with the same outcome of course! :smile:

HELL YES!!
  • WhyeatKachra
    Options
    562798_10150864927643414_369680747_n.jpg

I have nothing to say, except, I'll see you Monday, after we make history.

:drinker:
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Not looking to good for Germany.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I love Balotelli. hopefully all the racist haters are seething right now.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I love Balotelli. hopefully all the racist haters are seething right now.

To be fair he can be a petulant prima donna at times but his second goal tonight was awesome.

Funny how he never plays that well for City though...
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    No idea how Italy keep missing....!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Germany are wide open at the back ~ this game is over I reckon.

Looks like Italy continue to be Germany's nemesis...
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    Agreed on that goal. Beautiful strike, keep had no chance.

Also agree that he is a petulant brat, but probably like so many brats, if he is on your team you love him. If not, you hate him. Kinda like Bellamy...