Euro 2012 - Anyone else watching the tournament?

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I live in a very Italian populated area.....front page of the paper for the last few days was about Italians in my city going apes*&t and blocking traffic when the wins happen.

We have huge street parties when the Azzurri make another round, even stopping street cars and buses.....Italian flags EVERYWHERE.....

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/25/jubilant-soccer-fans-storm-streetcar

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/28/top-five-italian-moments-at-euro-2012

http://www.torontosun.com/videos/1711403879001

http://​www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/​06/28/​italian-fans-in-falls-celebrate​-soccer-team
  • EricWinter
    EricWinter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok . It was a surprise that Italy beat Germany. I have to say Germany was the best team, up to that game, in the tournament .It was amazing to watch their game change after the 2nd goal. It will be interesting to see what type of game Spain will play given the impressive counter attacking ability shown by Italy in the Semi's. Great goals.... I prefer the Spanish style of play but they really miss the finishing of Villa. Don't know if they can string the passes in the offensive third to get around the strong Italian back line. Just hope it is a open game. Would be good to see Spain score first and watch it open up. I think a goal by Italy will close the game down.
    Now to a question about fitness? I am a basic couch potato during a big game. Love potato chips etc. tournaments like the euro 2012 are killing me...... Any alternatives that might match up in flavor and texture but not calories? Generally have been increasing my workout before but would like to also have a better eating alternative(s) during the matches.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Great first goal. Great setup by Fabregas. I hope it's not the only one we see!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    2 : 0 for Spain. Balotelli, where are your goals????? Please........ Spain must NOT win this tournament.
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Not looking good for Italy :(
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Somos campeones de Europaaaaaaaaaaaa, somos campeones de mundoooooooooooooooo :)
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Well, at least the match wasn't snooze-worthy!

Congrats to Spain for making history.

Great tournament. There were so many unexpected results, which make it exciting.

Bring on the World Cup! :happy:
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Pains me to say but congrats to Spain. Absolutely dominated and set records after records. Should make for an interesting World Cup. Italy, well good tourney. You saved your worst for last but that does not take away from what you accomplished. Be Proud.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Pains me to say but congrats to Spain. Absolutely dominated and set records after records. Should make for an interesting World Cup. Italy, well good tourney. You saved your worst for last but that does not take away from what you accomplished. Be Proud.

I feel about the same way....

Spain played a great game, that was well deserved....

Seems like The Azzurri only play well half the time, not sure what that is about.....

Sad that my team lost, but Spain was a deserving team.....just wish I was at my regular spot.....instead, because it was Canada Day yesterday, I was in a park, filled with people dressed in red and white for that. I was wearing my blue shirt and Italia hat for the game....so, we went over the the closest sports bar, and there was like three other Italian fans, and the rest of the bar was packed with Spain fans.....I left at 80 mins in, with a score of 3-0, it was embarrassing, I had to get out of there.....

Being from such an Italian populated area, I did not know that I would run into that in any bar to be honest....that has never happened to me before, lol
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    562798_10150864927643414_369680747_n.jpg

I have nothing to say, except, I'll see you Monday, after we make history.

Um, trust me, this guy had an amazing night last night, and will have another amazing night in 2014. Get ready for us to hoist the cup in Brazil too.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Yeah right. Watch out as England lifts the cup.

In my dreams. :(