What's your NSV for the day? Please share...

Options

Replies

• TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I went to a store to help a friend shop in the "plus" size section. The sales clerk came over to me and said, honey, these clothes are all too big for you - your sizes are on the other side of the store. That was awesome because a few months ago, that never would have happened.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a shirt that's a 2X that used to be snugish on me a couple years ago. It's huge on me now. I may donate it after this summer as I think it's done. I just need to find it in a smaller size, I love this shirt. >.<

Don't donate it, use it to clean something round the house or the car. Will be a constant reminder of how good it feels to loose weight :smile:
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    I tried on a pair of Levi jeans in a size 6 and they fit! I didn't get them because they were too long (I am petite), but I cannot wait to reach my goal and go shopping. I can't wear my 10s on without a belt and my belt is too big on me. I may need some in-between clothes!
  • Pascua_j
    Pascua_j Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have upped my calories from 1200 to 1900 over the last 3 months w/o getting bigger...I've gained back about 4 lbs but went down on body fat %....and when out on Friday night a very hot guy I just met complimented me on my "amazing shoulders". This to a girl who NEVER wore a sleveless top before this year. Crazy cool. When I did weights today I hit my shoulders even harder. Thanks for the motivation Mr. Hottie :)
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Burned calories successfully running away from an ice-cream cake. It was offered to me by three different people.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Burned calories successfully running away from an ice-cream cake. It was offered to me by three different people.

Bloody hell big up for Will power!!!!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am going back to gym tonight! AFTER being out for 2 weeks!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

awesome willpower!

My NSV got out of bed at 6.30 for Zumba
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went shopping yesterday and bought myself a really lovely wool silk blend cardigan in the sales.

Not only was it a bargain price but, I tried on a UK10 which was too big and had to buy a UK8! That has never happened before :o)
  • cugglybear
    cugglybear Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My first NSV - I am wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't fitted into for at least a year. I still have a long way to go but this really is a very encouraging step on the way!!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    In the beginning of summer I tried on last summer's shorts, I couldn't get them over my thighs. I put them on easily and buttoned them this morning. They still don't fit nicely but it's a great start. Soooo happy!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Took one bite of a Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Mint square and spit it out... gave the rest to my daughter.
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I can finally cross my legs again, without feeling like it's sliding off or my foot is going to sleep!
  • beckie4442
    beckie4442 Posts: 132
    Options
    Did my first 1 mile run BY MYSELF, and did it in 11 mins. which was a minute and a half quicker than when I ran with my husband!!!!! Prodigy is gooooooood!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a strange one, but ...

Whenever I wash a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly, I know the next time I put them on, they're going to be tight and I'm going to have to "break them back in" by wearing and suffering through a day in tight jeans until they get back to their normal size.

This morning, I took a pair of jeans off the line and put them on. Lo and behold, they fit perfectly ... just like they did before washing and drying.

It's nice to not have to worry about tight-fitting clothes anymore.
  • plh1991
    plh1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been going strong for almost 2 months now and lost 16 lbs but this weekend i just took off and didnt worry ( no binging, but no counting)
    I was going through all my dresses from my various weights trying to find one to wear to a wedding and I fit into the one I wore to prom when I was 15! this was exactly what I needed to get me back to working hard for this on a Monday morning. Also a dress I bought in may and was saving for August I have to return because it's too big! This is what keeps me going! 16 lbs down 34 to go . Good luck everyone!!
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, I sorted my too-small clothes. Donated what I wouldn't wear (old college stuff) and only picked out my favorites or standards in good condition like khakis, jeans, and the odd formal skirt. I sorted the keepers by size and season. The result: 4 boxes ranging from size 12 to 6, neatly labeled and stacked in the corner of my closet, largest on top.

I added 2 hooks to the wall of the room my treadmill is in. On one hook, I hung up my favorite pair of size 6 jeans and a very cute t-shirt someone bought me that I've never gotten a chance to wear because it was too small. On the other hook, I hung up a pair of size 12 khakis (the largest size from my "too small" collection). In a way, I was hanging up visual representations of my long and short term goals.

(The last time I was a size 4--my smallest size at my current height--I was in middle school and my mom used to stalk me around because she was convinced I was anorexic... I wasn't, by the way. I was just in the middle of my last significant growth spurt and had joined the soccer team--my first and last true athletic team. The last time I was a size 6, I was in college and used to kill time in the gym on campus between classes. I lifted weights 3 days a week for about 45 minutes at time and would jog a mile. I wasn't rail thin, but I had lovely visible ab muscles, toned arms, and rock solid thighs and calves.)

Fast forward to post college, high stress teaching career for 3 years, and now finally coming into my own with a much better career for me (but a very sedative one) and well, I had ballooned significantly and my BMI went to overweight and then the dreaded obese.

When I started this journey (under a different username, before I got married) I was ashamed that even my size 16s were occasionally snug. Now those size 16s literally fall off if I'm not wearing a belt.

This morning, after my walk, I reached for those size 12 khakis. They were snug (too snug for work), but they fit without me having to dance or hop to get into them or give up breathing. So I cracked open the box of size 12s in my closet. Lo and behold I fit into my size 12 jeans again... and they are loose! So either my jeans are a bit stretched out or the cut/brand is just that much of a difference. But today, I'm wearing size 12 jeans again. :)

Today is laundry day. I'm thinking those 16s are going to be cleaned this evening and then dropped off at the thrift store. Yes!
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    my aunt & uncle stayed at my place over the weekend and at some point my aunt turned around and asked whether I had been loosing some weight. I said a bit (as I can not really see it yet) and she kept on asking through out the visit how much and commented that it must have been a few kg. Later she told me that my uncle noticed as well. When about to leave she said: continue the good work and pointed at my tummy!

The NSV is that she noticed, but as well that I talked with someone about my weight. Except with my mum (who is overweight as well) this has been a taboo topic for me.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Minor NSV: I can feel my hip bones again!

Major NSV: My husband said to me, "I can tell you've been losing weight, but it really hit me today just how different you look. I'm really proud of you for sticking with it." (This is a big win for me because i'm a habitual starter-quitter.)

And I'm nowhere near done yet. :D
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Didn't cave to the jumbo box on donuts in the lunch room for someones birthday!

I need to go bra shopping or starting putting socks in to fill the cups out. Guess its bra shopping I go. I'm trying to get rid of those things!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!