Do you count calories in Fruit and Veggies?

Options

Replies

• amandaarx
    Options
    Yes I do anyway as I mostly eat fruit and veg watermelon and apple can still have 50+ calories it still counts :)
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Of course I do...I weigh everything out on my scale and log it. The carbs and sugar, even though they are good, count in my book.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i do weight watchers, so no, but i also do not log them, so it looks like i haven't seen a fruit or veggie in years, and that i legit keep myself to 1000 calories a day. lol.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes. However, if I'm topping my taco salad with a pinch of chopped onions or I grab a strawberry or two to snack on I don't go to the trouble of logging those tiny amounts. I know it all adds up but I'm lazy.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I count every bite. Fruit and veg included. I even count tea and coffee.
  • SickSkilz
    Options
    I am not confident in the negative calorie concept so I track them. Its not uncommon for me to eat 2 apples and 2 bananas in a day. I could literally eat 5 or 6 of each a day but I am sure i would gain weight.

But as others said, part of it is for tracking vatamins too.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I didn't track my fruits and veggies, my diary would be completely empty everyday, YES!!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes! If it has calories, I'll log it! Unless if it's something minimal like gum. I could eat 10 fruits a day... actually I probably have... hahaha so yes, I do track them!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    An apple can be 80 cals. If you eat really healthy and dont log it, you wont be logging much and go way over on cals.
  • katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log everything to the point it drives my man crazy. i will not eat until I get my food logged, then I will measure it and then I will finally eat, then when i'm done I measure what is left and subtract them. i'm very picky about it. Only because I have sooo much weight to loose that I want to do this the proper way and make it a lifestyle, not a fad diet.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do but I log every thing I eat. I am brutally honest with myself with my logging and will have a lot of random things like "four goldfish crackers" that I stole off of one of my childrens plates, ha. Everything counts, everything adds up when you're counting.

SO TRUE!!! And since its so rare that anyone has veggies with absolutely nothing on them, no salt, no olive oil, NOTHING, you must must track everything. I consider corn and potatoes starches, not veggies, and look at how many calls they have!!! The best to do is track everything, I mean WHY NOT???
    You think it's rare that people eat fresh vegetables??
    Almost every meal I have fresh fruit and veggies with nothing on them...
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also track everything. I ate something the other day as small as a half of a cracker from my daughter. Guess where it went- In my MFP diary! I do especially track fruits and veggies because I want to control my sugar. Though the sugar is absorbed differently than bad sugar, I still like to see how it's all adding up.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you eat it, it counts. Track it all!
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I count everything to include "BLT's" -- that's "bites, licks and tastes."
  • MyPresent
    MyPresent Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do but I log every thing I eat. I am brutally honest with myself with my logging and will have a lot of random things like "four goldfish crackers" that I stole off of one of my childrens plates, ha. Everything counts, everything adds up when you're counting.

I agree with you. The first time I counted those extra cherries I ate after dinner I realized they added a lot of calories and carbs, so now I log everything to make sure I am not overeating.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I count everything, and I have lost 40 pounds..
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Yes because they contain calories and carbs and fibre and sugar...
  • dodihere
    Options
    Count it all. Fruits will kill a calorie count.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    yeah, i count all veggies and fruits too, because when you used with other elements in a plate or recipe they add calories in the end.
  • dq_diva
    Options
    I was little "meh" about it until I changed my settings to count sugar too......wowza!!! Fruit has a ton of sugar!