Do you count calories in Fruit and Veggies?

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I count EVERYTHING!!! However, the fruits and veggies don't count much -- and sometimes not really at all -- because it sometimes burns more calories for your body to digest those foods than they give you. Actually, that's veggies. You still have to be fairly cautious with the fruits because of all of the natural sugar. Or, at least I do (since I"m border-line diabetic).
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fruit YES !! banana: 100 calories red apples: 80-100 calories Avocado:200+ cals !! and if you're watching carbs most fruit has plenty.

Veggies too but not as much if they're raw or steamed
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    I usually do !
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I do on here because it appears to be set up to count calories in everything. I know my parents are doing Weight Watchers and they don't count veggies or most fruits - but that is how the plan/point system is set up and I believe it already takes into account the free fruits and veggies. However, you should do what works for you. I have a lot of weight to lose so at the end of the day if I am starving and don't have many calories left I will go over on fruits and/or veggies just so I don't wake up starving the next morning. Will I be able to do that in 3 or 4 months and still lose weight - I hope not:laugh:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    1. Are you counting calories? If "yes", continue to question 2. If "no", continue to 3.

2. Do fruits and vegetables have calories in them? If "yes", continue to 4. If "no" continue to 5.

3. Move on, nothing to see here.

4. If you're counting calories and something has calories then you should count it. The end.

5. You're a moron.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    yes I do
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do, so I'm sure to stay within my 1200 per day range.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    yes
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Especially dried fruit! It has ENORRRRRRRMOUS amounts of sugar in it!

For example, one avocado pear - 320 cals.

I think I'd be wanting to count that!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Um... yes I count the calories for fruit and veggies... I just don't count the sugars... because I could have one banana and be over my sugars for the day.
  • MountainHaven
    MountainHaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I count everything except the really low calorie veggies, like lettuce, raw spinach, celery, etc. I'm still losing weight so I don't think those really add too many calories to worry about!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It seems simple to me... if you're losing weight by calorie counting... you count your calories - all of them! A single strawberry I wouldn't stress too much about if forgotten about, but half a plate of veggies should be counted or else you're eating into your deficit.
  • landofoz
    landofoz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're not wasting your time. Count EVERYTHING including that piece of candy you poped in your mouth. It all adds up and counting helps you stay aware of what's going into your body.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to swallow it (get your minds out of the gutter) then I log it. Right down to how many pieces of gum I've chewed today.

When I plateau I can look back at my logs and see if things are slipping in or if I'm actually at a plateau I just need to bust through.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I measure & track everything. LOL I could eat thousands of calories in fruit!

Ditto!
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    If I'm going to swallow it (get your minds out of the gutter) then I log it. Right down to how many pieces of gum I've chewed today.

When I plateau I can look back at my logs and see if things are slipping in or if I'm actually at a plateau I just need to bust through.

My mind is permanently in the gutter ... Should I ask the question?
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The idea of this site surely is to log everything? yes the calories are minimal in veg...but they aren't in fruit...and if you don't log how do you know, really know how many calories you have had?
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't count veggies and I'm losing just fine. I saw Bob Harper on a show recently and he especially emphasized eating as many green veggies as you want.

I figure no one gets fat from eating too many carrots or broccoli.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I do... Your body doesn't know where the calories are coming from.

But do what works for you!