I don't care about "losing pounds"... Male v Female?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're Brett. Gotcha. When did I "trash your goal?"

So, you got healthier, lost weight, got ripped, improved your self-esteem... for others to see? Hmm.

This was you. Assuming you knew something about me from my pic. Assuming you had a much better reason to want to get in shape, that's the entire point of your post after all.

So I'd love to know what your goal is that you think is so much superior to everyone else's.

Let's break this down...
    So, you got healthier, lost weight, got ripped, improved your self-esteem... for others to see? Hmm.

This was you. Assuming you knew something about me from my pic. Assuming you had a much better reason to want to get in shape, that's the entire point of your post after all.

Yes. That was me. And the only thing I "assumed" from your pic, as well as your previous post (from what I recall), was that you worked hard to get healthier, lose weight, get ripped and improve your self-esteem.

My question was... for whom did you do all that? Yourself? Or random strangers and weirdos on the Internet?

It was a rhetorical question. Not an insult. Not a "bash."
    So I'd love to know what your goal is that you think is so much superior to everyone else's.

Where exactly did I post anything even remotely along the lines of me "being superior to anyone else?"

Do you think I'm a child? Do you think by dropping the "hmmmm?" I don't know what you meant when you posted? It's not easy to lie about your intentions when they're spelled out in black and white. You weren't asking me my goal based on some sort of interest in finding out a response. You figured you knew everything about me from an avatar and that you had my number.

You only dropped the argument because once I stated that I've done all this for an pretty noble reason you realized just how you sounded. So I asked, since you're so ready to criticize whatever my goal might be, what's yours?

Go ahead, call people 13 year old girls for taking pics that you won't. It's pretty obvious why anyway.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I'm still waaaiiittiinnnggg....

Ok I'll bite. It's great that you want to be a ff, but how does posting a shirtless pic help you achieve that goal?

It doesn't. I do it because I'm proud of what I've accomplished. Rarely do I actually use it as my main photo because of threads like this and people like yourself who, ON A FITNESS WEBSITE, think no one should show off what they've worked for.

One of the things I hate most about MFP is all the people who try to make you feel bad for reaching your goal. It's ridiculous.

And the only reason I'd ask the OP what his goal is is because he was so ready to trash mine. I sure hope he's got a good one...

I never said people shouldn't show it off, I just said be real about the motive is all. If you understood my post, I said there was nothing wrong with posting a pic such as yours, just don't say it's because you want to show your progress as the only reason.

People like to get complimented, and there is nothing wrong with that, as I already said.

All the OP did was poke a bit of fun at people and now people like yourself are all butt hurt. This actually proves my point of the reasoning behind the pics-confirmation. Because someone had something negative to say instead of posting a :devil: behind some innuendo or "you look hot" at the end of their post in regards to how good you or others look, your world had been shaken a bit.

And there it is in a nutshell.

My ORIGINAL joke/point was calling reference to the PSYCHOLOGY behind guys who feel the need to pose in front of a toilet, and post a picture of same to millions of people.

It's not the pictures.

It's not the "progress."

It's the psychology of validation.

And I never bashed it. I simply made light of it at the tail-end of a much more serious discussion point.

And 30 guys from this website got their little pink panties in a wad.

(Ok, that was tad mean. I couldn't help myself.)
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am impressed by Brett's pic, but more impressed by the effort he put in to get to that point. I am impressed that patti is so willing to stand up to defend her friends. Glad to be friends with both of you :flowerforyou:

I am not impressed with people who feel the need to put others down; for any reason. I do not come to mfp to have people tear me apart or judge me - I get enough of that from my damn relatives. I am willing to bet there are many people on here who feel the same.

Bring on the abs in front of the bathroom mirror pics, the still really heavy but want to show what I've accomplished so far pics, the prance around in my bra and thong pics. I will not judge any of you. I will toast your success. :drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stop now because I think we all can agree this is dumb. I'm a very lucky man because I have a lot of really great friends here. That's all that really matters.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I am here for a mix of things

Looking better yes, but more importantly just moving easier and quicker and to fight the bad genes of high blood pressure, high cholesterole and diabetes that run in my family .

I dont want to be a size 4 or 6 or 8 for that matter, lol .. just healthy

^^^This
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    On a related note... Men who pose shirtless in front of their bathroom mirror, and use their cell phone to take a picture like a 13 year old girl... bother me. ;)
    yeah, me too!!!
  • gchutson
    Options
    Um... I feel compelled to point this out...
    I am impressed by Brett's pic, but more impressed by the...

That is a judgement.
    I am not impressed with people who feel the need to put others down...;

That is also a judgement.
    I will not judge any of you...

That is an example of irony. ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

My ORIGINAL joke/point was calling reference to the PSYCHOLOGY behind guys who feel the need to pose in front of a toilet, and post a picture of same to millions of people.

It's not the pictures.

It's not the "progress."

And I never bashed it. I simply made light of it at the tail-end of a much more serious discussion point.

Which totally invalidated the quality of your post. Why do you care if someone else needs validation or not?? You only started this post to pic a fight. Otherwise, why would you choose the words that you have chosen "13-year old girl" and "little pink panties". You are obviously here just because you want to challenge the masculinity of other men... what purpose does that serve you unless you yourself are insecure!

I said it earlier and I will say it again. YOU ARE A TROLL!

@Brett - Please don't waste your time with this anymore. Don't feed the trolls!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm still waaaiiittiinnnggg....

Ok I'll bite. It's great that you want to be a ff, but how does posting a shirtless pic help you achieve that goal?

It doesn't. I do it because I'm proud of what I've accomplished. Rarely do I actually use it as my main photo because of threads like this and people like yourself who, ON A FITNESS WEBSITE, think no one should show off what they've worked for.

One of the things I hate most about MFP is all the people who try to make you feel bad for reaching your goal. It's ridiculous.

And the only reason I'd ask the OP what his goal is is because he was so ready to trash mine. I sure hope he's got a good one...

I never said people shouldn't show it off, I just said be real about the motive is all. If you understood my post, I said there was nothing wrong with posting a pic such as yours, just don't say it's because you want to show your progress as the only reason.

People like to get complimented, and there is nothing wrong with that, as I already said.

All the OP did was poke a bit of fun at people and now people like yourself are all butt hurt. This actually proves my point of the reasoning behind the pics-confirmation. Because someone had something negative to say instead of posting a :devil: behind some innuendo or "you look hot" at the end of their post in regards to how good you or others look, your world had been shaken a bit.

It's not the pictures.

It's not the "progress."

Guys in pink panties? where? I must send them FR's!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey, nothing wrong with running. Great cardio transfers itself to MANY sports, including fighting (which as you know requires a hell of a lot of cardiovascular endurance if you want to make it past the first round). At least running trains you to run fast (which can come in handy where I live, as we have many bears and cougars around and I hike a lot). Last I checked....you can't ellipitcal away from a bear ;)

Actually, now you can. elliptigo-8c.jpg

lmfao!!! something tells me that "bike" won't run well on woodsy trails however...lol.

LOL that is AWESOME!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I know right now I am all about the cardio and losing the lbs, and just started working on the toning. I am only 10 months into this journey, and frankly I want it all!!

My thing is - who gives a carp if they take a pic in the mirror or not. (calling them a 13 yo girl is really rather immature and pathetic if you ask me) That statement alone, by demeaning those that do, who are just merely trying to show how their hard work has paid off, and that YES, anyone on here can get HEALTHY too. So you really do not need to be a donkeys rear end to get your point across.

Your egomaniacal attitude is rather offputting and would make me wonder why the heck you feel so superior to everyone else. You claim you are not, yet you put out the vibe that you are so much better than anyone, because of your goals and accomplishments.

My theory is GET OVER YOURSELF - Brett and any other guy should be proud to show off their hard work, and KUDOS to them and whatever pic or however they take the pic to show by example, it can be done!
  • gchutson
    Options

It's not the pictures.

It's not the "progress."

Which totally invalidated the quality of your post. Why do you care if someone else needs validation or not?? You only started this post to pic a fight. Otherwise, why would you choose the words that you have chosen "13-year old girl" and "little pink panties". You are obviously here just because you want to challenge the masculinity of other men... what purpose does that serve you unless you yourself are insecure!

I said it earlier and I will say it again. YOU ARE A TROLL!

@Brett - Please don't waste your time with this anymore. Don't feed the trolls!!!

Is he paying attention to you yet? Keep trying.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Um... I feel compelled to point this out...
    I am impressed by Brett's pic, but more impressed by the...

That is a judgement.
    I am not impressed with people who feel the need to put others down...;

That is also a judgement.
    I will not judge any of you...

That is an example of irony. ;)

If you want to pick my post apart, that is your perogative. And you are right, I should have stated that I would not negatively judge anyone for the pics they post.

I am a horrible person and you called me out. You win. Make you feel better?
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shirtless men. :heart:
  • tempestrising
    Options
    Hmm...I am new to this..I thought losing weight coincided w/ being fit & healthy.
    Sorry for sounding naive but when my weight is less, I feel better, am able to do more physically &
    feel healthier in general. Yes I would be lying if I said I'm not obsessed w/ a smaller size b/c I know my clothes would fit nicely.
    My motivation is to be fit, healthy & be able to run a 5k this year.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I am impressed by Brett's pic, but more impressed by the effort he put in to get to that point. I am impressed that patti is so willing to stand up to defend her friends. Glad to be friends with both of you :flowerforyou:

I am not impressed with people who feel the need to put others down; for any reason. I do not come to mfp to have people tear me apart or judge me - I get enough of that from my damn relatives. I am willing to bet there are many people on here who feel the same.

Bring on the abs in front of the bathroom mirror pics, the still really heavy but want to show what I've accomplished so far pics, the prance around in my bra and thong pics. I will not judge any of you. I will toast your success. :drinker:

You rock!!!:happy:
  • gchutson
    Options
    I know right now I am all about the cardio and losing the lbs, and just started working on the toning. I am only 10 months into this journey, and frankly I want it all!!

My thing is - who gives a carp if they take a pic in the mirror or not. (calling them a 13 yo girl is really rather immature and pathetic if you ask me) That statement alone, by demeaning those that do, who are just merely trying to show how their hard work has paid off, and that YES, anyone on here can get HEALTHY too. So you really do not need to be a donkeys rear end to get your point across.

Your egomaniacal attitude is rather offputting and would make me wonder why the heck you feel so superior to everyone else. You claim you are not, yet you put out the vibe that you are so much better than anyone, because of your goals and accomplishments.

My theory is GET OVER YOURSELF - Brett and any other guy should be proud to show off their hard work, and KUDOS to them and whatever pic or however they take the pic to show by example, it can be done!

Yes.

It was clearly my "egomaniacal" nature that forced complete strangers to come to a thread they didn't start, had no equity in and continuously post their feelings about an original topic they clearly didn't not read, nor understand, and subsequently hyper-focus and obsess over a joke that was never individually directed at them in the first place.

How truly evil of me.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like this post:-) Men tend to not care about how they look which makes them cooler;-)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I like turtles
This discussion has been closed.