I don't care about "losing pounds"... Male v Female?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Note - progress pics = good.

Five pictures of your abs, and that is all, and then using "but I look good so I know what I'm taking about" to back up anything you say on the threads = bad. This is my point.

If you read this and don't understand it, I'm sorry. If you read this and do understand it before ranting about how I'm judging people (without even judging them) then so be it.

And this is and never was targeted at Brett. If he's awesome, that's great - I'm glad he's awesome. I don't know him. You totally missed any point and might be thoroughly enriched by re-reading the thread.

Obviously reading is difficult so let me re-post your comments:
    Thank you! I am the same way - shirtless muscle pics = *kitten* that probably thinks he knows everything and is going to try to convince people on MFP of such, but really has no idea how little he knows.

^ This is the comment that I find incredibly rude and judgemental.
    I'm sorry you took it personally - I honestly do not know you, so I can't come to any conclusion, other than your abs aren't going to impress me. I'm sorry... I like brains better.

^ This is also very rude. It comes across as though you think the guys with abs here don't have brains or are nothing more than abs in a picture.

If that's their only picture, what should I think?

How about NOT thinking anything negative about them personally since you DO NOT KNOW THEM?

I fail to understand how you can take one picture and form some horrible opinion about another person. That really shows a lot more about you than it does them.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

well my best lifts come from carrot cake. Something in that cream cheese icing lets me squat 800lbs. But tonight im keeping it a little lighter, going with a clean angel food cake.

Dear Phrak,

Other people would like to use the plates in the gym. Please stop lifting and share.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, yes... but if I remember correctly you are one of those who loves to post half naked pictures of herself too - in a Boobie Friday thread or something similar? Perhaps I'm wrong. I was just never impressed with the posting-pictures-of-myself-fishing-for-compliments-from-people-I-don't-know. But that's just me.... I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

Why were you in the "Boobie Friday" thread if you're never impressed with those kinds of pics?

A) I'm into men.
    B) It's pretty well known around here, obviously. Apparently you know about it.
    C) I think women can do better. I think men can do better.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Phrak:

What kind of cake gives you the best lifts?

Please respond or negs.

well my best lifts come from carrot cake. Something in that cream cheese icing lets me squat 800lbs. But tonight im keeping it a little lighter, going with a clean angel food cake.

Wait? Angel Food Cake?

I had some of that a week ago before my lift....That's some powerful cake
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I hope that wasn't a web site for spandex for men, I didn't look, it's just wrong......
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Five pictures of your abs, and that is all, and then using "but I look good so I know what I'm taking about" to back up anything you say on the threads = bad. This is my point.

If you read this and don't understand it, I'm sorry. If you read this and do understand it before ranting about how I'm judging people (without even judging them) then so be it.

And this is and never was targeted at Brett. If he's awesome, that's great - I'm glad he's awesome. I don't know him. You totally missed any point and might be thoroughly enriched by re-reading the thread.

Thank you! I am the same way - shirtless muscle pics = *kitten* that probably thinks he knows everything and is going to try to convince people on MFP of such, but really has no idea how little he knows.

I'm sorry you took it personally - I honestly do not know you, so I can't come to any conclusion, other than your abs aren't going to impress me. I'm sorry... I like brains better.

^ This is also very rude. It comes across as though you think the guys with abs here don't have brains or are nothing more than abs in a picture.

How about NOT thinking anything negative about them personally since you DO NOT KNOW THEM?

I fail to understand how you can take one picture and form some horrible opinion about another person. That really shows a lot more about you than it does them.

I never formed a horrible opinion about anyone specific. My point? I'm likely not going to add you as a friend if you only have pictures of abs. I'm sorry. I don't find that helpful to me. I'm happy it works for you.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

I'm thinking that doesn't happen too much...

BOOM! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Phrak:

Please respond or negs.

Wait? Angel Food Cake?

You should have it with pineapple!!! yum.gif
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm finished here, obviously you have nothing better to do than antagonize people and continue with the drama.

Wow. I am trying to show support for my friends who post progress pics and I'm "antagonzing people"? And these are decent progress pics, too. Sorry that I didn't find the OP particularly motivating.

The antagonizing part is that you are finding every post that you disagree with and insulting them (you insulted me anyway). There is nothing wrong with progress pics, just like there is nothing wrong with anyone's opinion on it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I like carrot cake
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    While the thread has somewhat disintegrated into drama and semantics (as they usually do), I think the original topic is interesting. When you are significantly overweight (ie. a 5'7 female over 300 lbs), the scale is sort of the only thing you know as a measure of weight, fitness and/or progress. I know that for my height I'm supposed to be about 145 at the high end - women are told what they should look like and weigh all the time (not going to happen by the way!) in media, magazines and doctor's offices. And so I watched the scale as it was a marker of the progress I was making, because the other changes that were happening took longer to recognize.

Before losing 65 lbs.. I didn't realise that I could expect so much more health and fitness out of my body. I have always been overweight, how was I to know there was a (potential) inner athlete in there? I started off just wanting to lose weight and I still have days that I am extremely frustrated as the scale doesn't move.

I am only now learning to appreciate that I can walk up 4 flights of stairs without being winded, that I've lost a few sizes in clothing, that my body is incredibly strong and getting stronger and that I actually crave only healthy food (most of the time) now. Perhaps this is the message men get often - that fitness, eating well and gaining muscle is the most important thing.. but I believe the general message out there for females (outside MFP) is that being thin is supreme (no matter how you get there).
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I like carrot cake

yea...I can't figure if Carrot Cake or Red Velvet Cake is the best...

I usually try to have both...

I don't like Fruit Cake like the OP does
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting - Phrak is speaking my language. Or...just simple yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Or chocolate mousse cake - that filling brings extra moistness and it's so delicious. I just want to eat all the cake. And listen to Rhianna.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I never formed a horrible opinion about anyone specific. My point? I'm likely not going to add you as a friend if you only have pictures of abs. I'm sorry. I don't find that helpful to me. I'm happy it works for you.

That is not what you said at all. You called them "*kitten*," which IS a horrible opinion about someone based on a picture and nothing else.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Phrak:

Please respond or negs.

Wait? Angel Food Cake?

You should have it with pineapple!!! yum.gif

Not bad...maybe I put a cherry on top and serve it to the OP
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Why were you in the "Boobie Friday" thread if you're never impressed with those kinds of pics?
    A) I'm into men.
    B) It's pretty well known around here, obviously. Apparently you know about it.
    C) I think women can do better. I think men can do better.

You obviously missed my question. Why would you open up a thread titled "Boobie Friday" if you're "not impressed" with those types of pics?
    Of course I know about the Boobie Friday, Thong Thursday, and even the Taco Tuesday threads. I'm wondering why you would go in those threads and look at the pics if you don't like them.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Phrak:

Please respond or negs.

Wait? Angel Food Cake?

You should have it with pineapple!!!

That is an excellent suggestion. My pineapple intake has been low, and my protein intake high. This is not a good situation.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    The antagonizing part is that you are finding every post that you disagree with and insulting them (you insulted me anyway). There is nothing wrong with progress pics, just like there is nothing wrong with anyone's opinion on it.

Where did I insult you?
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the entertainment! Sure spiced up my boring day in the office!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Phrak:

Please respond or negs.

Wait? Angel Food Cake?

You should have it with pineapple!!!

That is an excellent suggestion. My pineapple intake has been low, and my protein intake high. This is not a good situation.

Pineapple and Protein!

That's beast Mode
This discussion has been closed.