I don't care about "losing pounds"... Male v Female?

Options

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Brett's brain is just as, if not more, impressive than his abs. And that goes for several of the guys on my FL who DESERVE to show off their hard work. It isn't about just vanity, it's about saying Yes, you CAN do it, just like I did.
    Ahhhh, yes... but if I remember correctly you are one of those who loves to post half naked pictures of herself too - in a Boobie Friday thread or something similar? Perhaps I'm wrong. I was just never impressed with the posting-pictures-of-myself-fishing-for-compliments-from-people-I-don't-know. But that's just me.... I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

Passive-Aggressive much? What on earth did she do to you?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm finished here, obviously you have nothing better to do than antagonize people and continue with the drama.

Wow. I am trying to show support for my friends who post progress pics and I'm "antagonzing people"? And these are decent progress pics, too. Sorry that I didn't find the OP particularly motivating.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Note - progress pics = good.

Five pictures of your abs, and that is all, and then using "but I look good so I know what I'm taking about" to back up anything you say on the threads = bad. This is my point.

If you read this and don't understand it, I'm sorry. If you read this and do understand it before ranting about how I'm judging people (without even judging them) then so be it.

And this is and never was targeted at Brett. If he's awesome, that's great - I'm glad he's awesome. I don't know him. You totally missed any point and might be thoroughly enriched by re-reading the thread.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Phrak:

What kind of cake gives you the best lifts?

Please respond or negs.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I'm hoping to pass the city fire fighter physical test and get a job where I can help people in desperate need.

:love:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    Brett's brain is just as, if not more, impressive than his abs. And that goes for several of the guys on my FL who DESERVE to show off their hard work. It isn't about just vanity, it's about saying Yes, you CAN do it, just like I did.
    Ahhhh, yes... but if I remember correctly you are one of those who loves to post half naked pictures of herself too - in a Boobie Friday thread or something similar? Perhaps I'm wrong. I was just never impressed with the posting-pictures-of-myself-fishing-for-compliments-from-people-I-don't-know. But that's just me.... I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

Never said she did anything. Just said I have different priorities. Read, re-read, comprehend.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

Why were you in the "Boobie Friday" thread if you're never impressed with those kinds of pics?
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    gchutson...you lonely?

No. Thanks for asking though.
    Did some dude on MFP with a shirtless picture take your lady or something?

No. She likes men.
    I am glad to know that a grown azz man at the age of 37, can still come on a fitness website and act like a 7 year old internet thug...

I'm not sure where to begin with this tidbit of Shakespearean genius.

I'll break it down...

A. You question both my "maturity," "age" and "motivation" whilst using the word "azz" and pirating a picture of the Simpsons, that you didn't create, nor have any equity.

Bravo. You sure showed me.

B. I "came to a fitness website" and politely expressed an opinion, posted a question and made a joke.

You in turn, threw a digital tantrum and attempted to iPee in the corner of the website pursuant a guy you don't know and topic, you clearly didn't understand.

Again, sure you showed me.
    Which one of these are you?

The man not posing in front of his toilet.
    Cause right now you acting real girly coming on here making weak complaints....

If you could cut-and-paste my "complaint" here, that would be most appreciated.

Actually, I feel bad, because I'm setting you up. I'll save you time. There was no "complaint." Only a question, and an opinion.

Next.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Never said she did anything. Just said I have different priorities. Read, re-read, comprehend.

I'm comprehending it just fine, thank you.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Five pictures of your abs, and that is all, and then using "but I look good so I know what I'm taking about" to back up anything you say on the threads = bad. This is my point.

If you read this and don't understand it, I'm sorry. If you read this and do understand it before ranting about how I'm judging people (without even judging them) then so be it.

And this is and never was targeted at Brett. If he's awesome, that's great - I'm glad he's awesome. I don't know him. You totally missed any point and might be thoroughly enriched by re-reading the thread.

Obviously reading is difficult so let me re-post your comments:
    Thank you! I am the same way - shirtless muscle pics = *kitten* that probably thinks he knows everything and is going to try to convince people on MFP of such, but really has no idea how little he knows.

^ This is the comment that I find incredibly rude and judgemental.
    I'm sorry you took it personally - I honestly do not know you, so I can't come to any conclusion, other than your abs aren't going to impress me. I'm sorry... I like brains better.

^ This is also very rude. It comes across as though you think the guys with abs here don't have brains or are nothing more than abs in a picture.

P.S. I did read the whole thread. Your comments to "re-read the whole thread" just reinforce my earlier impression of you.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

On a related note... Men who pose shirtless in front of their bathroom mirror, and use their cell phone to take a picture like a 13 year old girl... bother me. ;)

Sooo if a girl was posing shirtless in front of their bathroom mirror, using her cell phone to take a picture it'd be ok?!?! :tongue:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

I'm thinking that doesn't happen too much...
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

Obviously reading is difficult so let me re-post your comments:
    Thank you! I am the same way - shirtless muscle pics = *kitten* that probably thinks he knows everything and is going to try to convince people on MFP of such, but really has no idea how little he knows.

^ This is the comment that I find incredibly rude and judgemental.
    I'm sorry you took it personally - I honestly do not know you, so I can't come to any conclusion, other than your abs aren't going to impress me. I'm sorry... I like brains better.

^ This is also very rude. It comes across as though you think the guys with abs here don't have brains or are nothing more than abs in a picture.

If that's their only picture, what should I think?
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    You did all right except for the 13yo girl part, lol.

....and the lacking ovaries part. He's bashed guys with progress pics more than once here.

No. That's how you interpreted it. You would be wrong.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to hear what big man's goal is, since he's so ready to mock everyone else's...
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This might be the first and last time I say this: that was not a cool story, bro...
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Phrak:

What kind of cake gives you the best lifts?

Please respond or negs.

well my best lifts come from carrot cake. Something in that cream cheese icing lets me squat 800lbs. But tonight im keeping it a little lighter, going with a clean angel food cake.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

If that's their only picture, what should I think?

You should evaluate their posts and their information based on content and you shouldn't let their profile picture decide whether or not they know what they are talking about and this goes for bodybuilders and overweight people alike.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be complimented on the type of person I am than how I look in panties. Seems a little more meaningful.

BUT IT IS A FITNESS SITE!!! We're not here to work on our smarts, we're here to work on fitness. If aesthetics are one of your goals, and you want to show them off, why is that a problem?

For the intelligence stuff, I'm creating a site called MyIntelligencePal.com, where we can all ***** about people showing off their oversized craniums, obviously retouched fMRI and EROS scans, etc.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    On a related note... Men who pose shirtless in front of their bathroom mirror, and use their cell phone to take a picture like a 13 year old girl... bother me. ;)

<
    I am doing duckface behind my phone.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOedgTnmj5LKxIyWdZRC3Uz80ts0Rr807cgQ7QhH9XD1SVIAy1
This discussion has been closed.