What is it about THE bikini?

Options
kimber0607
kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
Hi all

Just curious??
Seems a bikini is a lot of ladies ultimate goal...wearing and feeling good in a bikini.
I was a size 6 in HS.....never wore one, and never will ( I hear it all the time..in one ear and out the other..Im not wearing one now or never and am OK with that..LOL...why cant others be OK with it too)
I want to be healthy, fit, confident, and strong......I think depending on the person, age, shape (not necessarily weight) ...u may rock a bikini or even look better in a sexy one piece..I think a sexy one pice can be just as hot (or am I fooling myself?)

Just curious what is the fascination with THE bikini?
Kim

Replies

• sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

*&%##@^(_+*&%@!#^&*(
    :angry: :grumble:

Ok am I in denial?
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The bikini is the confirmation that you CAN look darn good in one. It is sort of a symbol of fit and sexy to many women, myself included! If you can go from cowering under your towel to strutting your stuff in a bikini, then it is quite an accomplishment.
    Mind you, you can do the same wearing a cute pair of skinnies or even a nice form fitting dress - I think the fact that the bikini leaves so little to the imagination, exposing so much flesh, means that you can't hide behind it at all, no excuses!

:)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Bikini's are just so darn sexy and when you get a chance to really get into one and feel great....It's a huge accomplishment.....My mini story behind my bikini obsession.....In 2002 I went to Cancun, Mexico and bought one...I hadn't gotten into one since 95...but I said one day I would get into it.....Well 2011 I set out a goal to get into a bikini....(mind you I had forgotten about the one I purchased yrs ago) I made goal and while packing found that bikini...I was re-visiting Cancun and rocked the heck out of it..Proudly.....I just think it is all about feeling great and it shows that you are accomplished for some....
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It is sort of a symbol of fit and sexy to many women, myself included!

And to men. There's a confidence factor that is involved in the perception, even if it's not involved in the wearing.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

Actually, Waterpolo Suit > Bikini > One Piece

It's got like.. a zipper up the back and shows no skin on the torso. and gives love mesh tans/tramp stamps
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. So rocking a bikini with a fit body on top of it... super sexy. To be honest, I have never seen a sexy one piece. Unless it is one piece of a bikini on my bedroom floor.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I will not EVER be able to pull it off unless I get plastic surgery. But I'm ok with it!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. So rocking a bikini with a fit body on top of it... super sexy. To be honest, I have never seen a sexy one piece. Unless it is one piece of a bikini on my bedroom floor.

OMG! That just gave me a really, really, really good idea for my dreams tonight :)
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options

So would you say the same applies to a man wearing a Speedo?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Probably because it's the closest thing one can be to strutting around in public naked... since public nudity (with the exception of some beaches) is largely illegal... well, we have bikinis.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I have waited a LONGGGG time to be able to wear one. I discovered shopping that they look better on me than one pieces and fit better too ( being so long sometimes the one pieces dont work)

Also my upper Abs seem to be responding nicely to my working out, more quickly than my thighs and butt, so why not call attention there.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

*&%##@^(_+*&%@!#^&*(

Ok am I in denial?

No you're not. There are some GORGEOUS one pieces out there. I'd own a gazillion of them if I had the money.

I'm glad you started this because I don't think the bikini is the end all/be all.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    LOL...Cute (:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

*&%##@^(_+*&%@!#^&*(

Ok am I in denial?

No you're not. There are some GORGEOUS one pieces out there. I'd own a gazillion of them if I had the money.

I'm glad you started this because I don't think the bikini is the end all/be all.

it's not...i like some one pieces as well, but why not have variety?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    For me it's not really about wearing a bikini to the pool, it's about getting to that point because I have never been to that point ever in my life. Sure I wanna wear one to the pool, and I am close to were I might do it soon, but I still have a lot of work to do so I'm not sure I'm confident enough yet to wear it to the pool. I like attention, not gonna lie, and if I can turn a head in a bikini, hey, great :)... So basically it's a ego booster for me. Again I'm not quite where I'd like to be to go in public with mine on. Hoping by September though...
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

So would you say the same applies to a man wearing a Speedo?

Couldn't tell you, I'm not attracted to guys.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The bikini is amazing. Even if your not, how do I put this without offending people, if you are not at a healthy weight, many people would not find themselves attractive in a bikini. ( Including myself.)

I believe that if & when I fit nicely into a bikini without having a muffin top or the left over belly fat from having a baby, I will have more self confidence in what I wear. But that is just me. I feel that the better I look in something the better I feel about myself. I have been over-weight for the most part of my life. Size 16 in high school. Never wanted to wear a bikini. I always wore tankini's. Covered up my excess weight. I was not comfortable in my skin. Now, I'm not as heavy as I was, being in a size 10-13 now, I strive to fit into single digit clothes. I also want to be fit and healthy. Not thin and skeleton-like. But this is what I feel is about THE bikini. The more skin you can show comfortably, the better you feel about yourself.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to look good with clothes on but I think many of us have the goal to look good with minimal clothing on. I definitely want to rock a bikini at least once in my life or at least have the body to be able to. :)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

Agree.....bikini = very attractive and says, " I am confident in how I look"