What is it about THE bikini?

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It's all about perception. Go with what you want to wear.

If you need to reinforce your ego or overall confidence in how you look...just rock one...even on time like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ1MTAqw0apqfR9Z-UmGotQncGsujbK7VliEC93hmko128IgZ14g

NOW we're talking. Can I have her digits?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if its not your schtick, its just not your schtick. It is mine for obvious reasons. It took a lot for me to get up on the stage.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have had a cute little bikini patiently hanging on the back of my closet door for 3 months now...just waiting. I have always been overweight, had very little confidence, and never been called sexy... I decided to make the changes for ME!! And aside from losing a little weight ( no longer obese, just overweight) I walk into the room 100% comfortable with who I am, becoming and KNOW that I am sexy! Yep...I will gladly be struting my stuff at the beach this year in my bikini!!!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bikini = more naked. Naked = good.

Got it
    :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. I will always wear a one piece, I don't care how skinny I get. For me it's a matter of modesty. Wearing a bikini is basically just like wearing a bra and underwear in public. No thank you. Not the kind of attention I want to get. However, if others want to wear a bikini that's none of my business...

Just because others choose to wear bikinis doesn't mean we're soliciting some kind of inappropriate form of attention. I just think they look better on me than one-pieces. My bikini covers more than my bra and underwear do, btw.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It kind of feels like this thread went from why is wearing a bikini someone's goal (like a fitness or weight loss goal) vs why would someone wear a one piece vs two piece to go swimming.

Or maybe I misread OP...
    That makes two of us. I'm quite confused. I still don't know which bikini the OP is referring to by "THE bikini" -- a particular style of bikini, or one specific bikini.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    A bikini is universally hotter than a one piece
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I get that confidence is sexy
    BUT, I guess, and maybe I am too picky but I think the majority of people that wear a bikini SHOULD NOT
    Ok I said it
    :indifferent: :glasses:

Thank you for saying it. I have tons of confidence, and rock a one piece. I just chose to gross out the world with my stretch marks.

I'm covered in stretch marks but still wear a bikini.. People can be grossed out if they want lol :wink:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. I will always wear a one piece, I don't care how skinny I get. For me it's a matter of modesty. Wearing a bikini is basically just like wearing a bra and underwear in public. No thank you. Not the kind of attention I want to get. However, if others want to wear a bikini that's none of my business...

Just because others choose to wear bikinis doesn't mean we're soliciting some kind of inappropriate form of attention. I just think they look better on me than one-pieces. My bikini covers more than my bra and underwear do, btw.

^^^^This.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    God bless the inventor of the bikini and all the gorgeous women who wear them.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. So rocking a bikini with a fit body on top of it... super sexy. To be honest, I have never seen a sexy one piece. Unless it is one piece of a bikini on my bedroom floor.

So would you say the same applies to a man wearing a Speedo?

SPEEDOs on men are nasty especially when you see an 80-85 year old wearing one on the beach.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It is sort of a symbol of fit and sexy to many women, myself included!

And to men. There's a confidence factor that is involved in the perception, even if it's not involved in the wearing.

I'm gonna disagree with this. I have no desire to wear a bikini, and I am a man.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get that confidence is sexy
    BUT, I guess, and maybe I am too picky but I think the majority of people that wear a bikini SHOULD NOT
    Ok I said it
    :indifferent: :glasses:

Thank you for saying it. I have tons of confidence, and rock a one piece. I just chose to gross out the world with my stretch marks.

I'm covered in stretch marks but still wear a bikini.. People can be grossed out if they want lol :wink:

Seriously.... :huh: look at your profile pic... grossed out? I think not....
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    I would never wear one. Just more surface area for my Scots-Irish-Canadian skin to burn. I have a tank-ini I would love to fit into one day, but I love those classic one pieces from the 1950's. That's more my personal style.
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    So, according to the guys if you wear a bikini and are confident then you are sexy?

So what about all of us mommies out there with not so perfect bellies but we are confident and feel sexy in a bikini, is it the same?

Or do you have to actually be fit and perfectly toned to pull it off?
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. No matter my weight, I just don't like bikinis. To me it's no different than walking around in a bra and underwear. But they do have cute boy shorts for girls I want to get next summer. I don't need to show all my skin to feel sexy.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I wear a bikini for me not to solicit some sort of creepy, unwanted attention. Totally unfair to assume that about those of us who wear one. And bikinis can be modest too - they don't all have to be triangles up on top and dental floss on the bottom. Just saying....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The bikini is as close to naked as most of us will ever get in public. Rocking a bikini means you aren't hiding anything, and takes confidence as well as fitness.
  • sowonderfultonight
    Options
    For me, it's because of my proportions. xD I'm longer in the torso and shorter in the legs, and on TOP of that, I carry my weight in my legs. When I wear a one piece, it actually makes my thighs look bigger. If I wear a two-piece, I can slip on some short shorts or something. The open stomach makes me appear a bit longer and thinner, and it draws attention away from the weight chilling on my inner thighs. ^^"
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    A bikini is universally hotter than a one piece

Yep, even better without a top piece. I like to just wear the bottom peace of a bikini. Only did that on beaches in Europe, not in public swimming pools :laugh: . That brings me to another question: men in the US should wear speedos more often than these long unsexy shorts :happy: