What is it about THE bikini?

Options

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I remember many years ago (2003-2004.. somewhere around that time), I was heavier than I am now and I wore a bikini. Of course, that was pre-children. My body wasn't excellent and I still had stretch marks, but I didn't care.... my stomach was a bunch flatter and less lopsided from being all smashed around by the little fellas that live at my house.

These days, I'm still not where I want to be, but I put my bikini on the other day just to see and have some extra 'before' pics. I didn't feel as confident as I could have, but I know one day I will. I'll rock out in a bikini with my unusually small chest and my stretch marks and what ever is left of my sagging skin and see how that feels then. For now, these pics are my BEFOREs. :)

Better than a kick in the eye in my humble opinion.

601187_347625688640549_1177737416_n.jpg
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I think that people get really wrapped up in the modesty vs immodesty of the bikini...honestly, I want to ultimately rock a bikini because bikinis are made to amplify your better body traits. One-piece suits can be cute...they can be fun, and colorful, and adorable, but I've never, ever seen a one-piece that's sexy. One-pieces are for women who are too fat, too modest and/or too uncomfortable with their own bodies to rock a bikini.

I don't think bikinis should be reserved for women with 10,000-squat-bottoms and six-pack abs, though. Most women can look just fine in a bikini, as long as they're confident about the body they've got. Confidence is key!
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    A bikini is soooo much easier to pull down and go pee than a one piece. I pee a lot.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    So, according to the guys if you wear a bikini and are confident then you are sexy?

So what about all of us mommies out there with not so perfect bellies but we are confident and feel sexy in a bikini, is it the same?

Or do you have to actually be fit and perfectly toned to pull it off?

Nothing should stop a mommy from being fit and toned!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Looking good in a bikini is like showing the world how awesome you look naked without getting arrested.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with confidence. Women who successfully pull off a bikini usually appear more confident and comfortable with themselves. Not to say women who wear one-piece aren't confident, but it takes a lot of confidence to show a lot of skin without being self conscious.

Not one of us is perfect, and no matter who is wearing a bikini, they have flaws. It's not about being perfect.

confidence is very attractive. and of course we're all our worst critics. i think bikini's show off a woman's body a lot better than a one piece. i know that sounds obvious, but one piece's seem to hide a woman's curves where as a bikini will help accentuate them. ask the majority of guys their first thought when they see a woman in a bikini and it's probably 'wow' as opposed to 'i wish she was wearing a one piece'
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP that a bikini isn't the be-all and end-all of weight loss goals. Apple shaped women will always struggle with their waistline, no matter how skinny they are so maybe a bikini isn't the most flattering choice of swimsuit.

In my case, as an hourglass, I have always had shapeless, prone to flab arms and legs (even as a skinny teenager) so a mini skirt isn't my most flattering clothing choice but I'm fine with things that show off my waist/tummy.

My least favourite body part is my arms just above my elbows (flabby triceps) but I've had to get used to showing them off as there's no way I'm going to keep my arms covered all summer! I guess it goes to show that you can get used to showing off bits you're no so fond of.

I do think people should wear and enjoy anything they want to (within the bounds of public decency! :smile: )
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I get that confidence is sexy
    BUT, I guess, and maybe I am too picky but I think the majority of people that wear a bikini SHOULD NOT
    Ok I said it
    :indifferent: :glasses:

Thank you for saying it. I have tons of confidence, and rock a one piece. I just chose to gross out the world with my stretch marks.

I'm covered in stretch marks but still wear a bikini.. People can be grossed out if they want lol :wink:

Seriously.... :huh: look at your profile pic... grossed out? I think not....

No kidding!!

IDGAF about my stretch marks lol
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Agreed.. now a monokini also very sexy... anyone can wear a one piece...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with confidence. Women who successfully pull off a bikini usually appear more confident and comfortable with themselves. Not to say women who wear one-piece aren't confident, but it takes a lot of confidence to show a lot of skin without being self conscious.

Not one of us is perfect, and no matter who is wearing a bikini, they have flaws. It's not about being perfect.

confidence is very attractive. and of course we're all our worst critics. i think bikini's show off a woman's body a lot better than a one piece. i know that sounds obvious, but one piece's seem to hide a woman's curves where as a bikini will help accentuate them. ask the majority of guys their first thought when they see a woman in a bikini and it's probably 'wow' as opposed to 'i wish she was wearing a one piece'

Very true and all good points.

For me personally, I'm just not brave enough to put myself out there in a bikini in public. Maybe someday I will be brave.
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ive had a baby my stomach is a bit flawed and i still feel sexy in my bikini this year even with a little curve.. only the young guys are unreasonable enough to expect perfection. my fiance is 58 he says small flaws show character and life and arent even really noticeable.. I prefer that attitude...
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest I still wore a bikini, because no matter how big I got I still liked my tummy more than my legs. For me, covering up my tummy would have been drawing attention to my legs, and I couldn't stand the idea of it.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Agreed.. now a monokini also very sexy... anyone can wear a one piece...

Yep, Tori Spelling was shown wearing a black crocheted one. She looked totally amazing and pregnant too!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    a bikini to me just means im confident enough that i no longer feel the need to cover myself up. i want that even though my body will probably never be perfect by my standards. haha
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    ask the majority of guys their first thought when they see a woman in a bikini and it's probably 'wow' as opposed to 'i wish she was wearing a one piece'

:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    So, according to the guys if you wear a bikini and are confident then you are sexy?

So what about all of us mommies out there with not so perfect bellies but we are confident and feel sexy in a bikini, is it the same?

Or do you have to actually be fit and perfectly toned to pull it off?

Nothing should stop a mommy from being fit and toned!

agreed!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. So rocking a bikini with a fit body on top of it... super sexy. To be honest, I have never seen a sexy one piece. Unless it is one piece of a bikini on my bedroom floor.

^^ ha! love it :blushing:
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. So rocking a bikini with a fit body on top of it... super sexy. To be honest, I have never seen a sexy one piece. Unless it is one piece of a bikini on my bedroom floor.

perfection!!!!!!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bikini > One Piece

*&%##@^(_+*&%@!#^&*(
    :angry: :grumble:

Ok am I in denial?

yes, i have always wanted a bikini body...still do...
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I remember many years ago (2003-2004.. somewhere around that time), I was heavier than I am now and I wore a bikini. Of course, that was pre-children. My body wasn't excellent and I still had stretch marks, but I didn't care.... my stomach was a bunch flatter and less lopsided from being all smashed around by the little fellas that live at my house.

These days, I'm still not where I want to be, but I put my bikini on the other day just to see and have some extra 'before' pics. I didn't feel as confident as I could have, but I know one day I will. I'll rock out in a bikini with my unusually small chest and my stretch marks and what ever is left of my sagging skin and see how that feels then. For now, these pics are my BEFOREs. :)

Better than a kick in the eye in my humble opinion.

601187_347625688640549_1177737416_n.jpg

You go girl!!!! Proud of ya!