What is it about THE bikini?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have one of the retro style ones? Or pics of examples? That sounds interesting!

I have some genuine retro suits. I think the one-piece is from the 50s, and the black & white from the 60s (when women weren't allowed to have belly buttons, and is also a smidge too small) and the third is last year's bikini.

IMG_3308-copy.jpg

While I wear a sunscreen and don't actively tan, some skin darkening is inevitable over the summer, and I'd prefer a suit that doesn't leave very obvious lines when I'm in a sundress or tank top. One more reason I prefer the itty bitty bikini.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Does anyone have one of the retro style ones? Or pics of examples? That sounds interesting!

I have some genuine retro suits. I think the one-piece is from the 50s, and the black & white from the 60s (when women weren't allowed to have belly buttons, and is also a smidge too small) and the third is last year's bikini.

IMG_3308-copy.jpg

While I wear a sunscreen and don't actively tan, some skin darkening is inevitable over the summer, and I'd prefer a suit that doesn't leave very obvious lines when I'm in a sundress or tank top. One more reason I prefer the itty bitty bikini.

Oooh, I love the one on the right. But with your body you can wear anythying and always look great :happy:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've worn bikinis all my life but this season I was trying to find a one piece. They are really hard to find! It's not because I fear the bikini but because I don't want skin cancer (the beach is for me. No one is looking at a 39 yo "that way" plus I'm not here to decorate anyone else's world anyway. My good health is for me). Anyway, I think we all just want to be healthy and fit and when you are both of those things you look good naked. And a bikini is as close as it comes to being "socially acceptable naked" (aside from nude beaches of course). So looking good in a bikini= reaching fitness goals. I think that's really great and I'm glad women are having successes here. I hope everyone finds THE bikini. But please people do me a favor and wear your sunscreen. :)

ETA: @ LorinaLynn Adorable!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Lorinalynn, those are awesome!!! You look great!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump