Replies

• Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Gym class has screwed us all up for life lol
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Even if I had the perfect body, sunburn is enough to keep me in clothes. I have had way too many bad burns that resulted in blisters. Around the water it's worse, since the sun reflects the sunlight.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I won't say all (because of you haha), but I would say MOST women would kill to wear a bikini. One piece suits are just sooo not sexy. Tankini's are a bit better, but still not hot. Would I like to have the confidence one day to wear a bikini? heck yeah Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but then again it's not my ultimate goal right now.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just curious??
    Seems a bikini is a lot of ladies ultimate goal...wearing and feeling good in a bikini.
    I was a size 6 in HS.....never wore one, and never will ( I hear it all the time..in one ear and out the other..Im not wearing one now or never and am OK with that..LOL...why cant others be OK with it too)
    I want to be healthy, fit, confident, and strong......I think depending on the person, age, shape (not necessarily weight) ...u may rock a bikini or even look better in a sexy one piece..I think a sexy one pice can be just as hot (or am I fooling myself?)

Just curious what is the fascination with THE bikini?
    Kim

I kind of think bikinis are gross. Women get all uppity about men letting it all hang out, yet they're walking around in less than their underwear? Ugh.
    Granted, I like looking at women, most of us have beautiful bodies, regardless of our shape or size. Maybe I'm old-school in that I like to leave a little to the imagination.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Ummmm because bikinis are where it's AT!!!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have one of the retro style ones? Or pics of examples? That sounds interesting!

Modcloth has a ton:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear

I used to have the black and white bikini. Considering getting a cherry red top with high waist blue bottoms as my goal reward!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

When I am at my fittest I still never wore a bikini because I have stretch marks and imo they don't look good. On anyone. Ever.

Then, only a few people can wear bikinis since most people have stretch marks somewhere on their bodies. Most teen girls get a few on their hips and butts, so I guess they should be covered in shorts. Men that workout and get a few on their arms, better wear shirts, and for you moms....if your tummy does not look like a perfect teenage girl tummy, then cover that thing UP!! You might make others vomit!!!

I say, if you feel comfortable in a bikini, who cares what others think! There are going to be people that think I look too thin, while others think I look too fat. I do not wear bikinis to impress other men, I do it because I like to wear a bikini and tan at the beach and at the pool. And if others do not like my stretch marks from carrying six kids, then they can turn their head and look away!

I love you.

I love her too!!!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just curious??
    Seems a bikini is a lot of ladies ultimate goal...wearing and feeling good in a bikini.
    I was a size 6 in HS.....never wore one, and never will ( I hear it all the time..in one ear and out the other..Im not wearing one now or never and am OK with that..LOL...why cant others be OK with it too)
    I want to be healthy, fit, confident, and strong......I think depending on the person, age, shape (not necessarily weight) ...u may rock a bikini or even look better in a sexy one piece..I think a sexy one pice can be just as hot (or am I fooling myself?)

Kim

I'm with you! I don't get it, and never have. Maybe it's because it's rare that anyone looks good in one, and also a lot of women wear them that probably shouldn't. I mean people can wear whatever they want, it's a free country, but I think there are many other ways women can look attractive and sexy. For me personally I am too proud to wear one unless I was like a Victoria Secret model in it. I have always liked one pieces better...but that's just me. I don'r feel like I am missing out on anything.:noway:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, would yall consider this a bikini? one-piece? monokini? And, sexy or not sexy?

1291152_fpx.tif?wid=325&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

I'd call that a ONE piece and not so sexy.

And who cares what ya wear to the beach/pool? If you feel comfortable in it wear it! My personal preference is a bikini, therefore I try to stay fit so I can wear one and feel comfortable in it.
    [/quote]

That suit is adorable, and much classier and sexy than a bikini that 1 out of every 1,000,000 women look good in.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    <~~~ definitely not ashamed of that and I am very proud of how far I've come
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just curious??

Kim

I kind of think bikinis are gross. Women get all uppity about men letting it all hang out, yet they're walking around in less than their underwear? Ugh.
    Granted, I like looking at women, most of us have beautiful bodies, regardless of our shape or size. Maybe I'm old-school in that I like to leave a little to the imagination.

Gross? My underwear is sufficiently smaller and more revealing than my bikini is. Also, I think a guy with a fit physique looks great in those short European style shorts. It's not a style for everyone, but I dig it, and I dig the confidence that goes along with it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Even if I had the perfect body, sunburn is enough to keep me in clothes. I have had way too many bad burns that resulted in blisters. Around the water it's worse, since the sun reflects the sunlight.

You can't get sunburned unless you're in a bikini???

As for the chick with the issue about stretch marks, bite me.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    With a tan we ALL look slimmer I prefer a 2 piece tankini as I don't want to get naked to go to the bathroom!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of it should be about being ashamed, or wearing what other people think we should wear, or whatever.

If I had a body like ipuffyheartco still, then I wouldn't be embarrassed to be in a bikini, but I still wouldn't wear one, because I don't like to wear bikinis.

I think this type of question is better answered by saying what one prefers to wear for one's self; and staying away from what one thinks others should wear tends to preserve the peace. :flowerforyou:

EDIT - And, thank you, ccmccoy09, for the awesome link! Some of those are super cute!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have one of the retro style ones? Or pics of examples? That sounds interesting!

Here are a few...got them from Nordstrom & Bloomingdales site.....

_68427381.jpg

retroswimsuit.jpg

and one I want...

8005601_fpx.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of it should be about being ashamed, or wearing what other people think we should wear, or whatever.

If I had a body like ipuffyheartco still, then I wouldn't be embarrassed to be in a bikini, but I still wouldn't wear one, because I don't like to wear bikinis.

I think this type of question is better answered by saying what one prefers to wear for one's self; and staying away from what one thinks others should wear tends to preserve the peace. :flowerforyou:

EDIT - And, thank you, ccmccoy09, for the awesome link! Some of those are super cute!

thanks! I like your explanation about it being based on personal preference - that's how it should be and all that matters.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Juicy001 - OMG, lady, that middle one is screaming my name!!! How hot is that!?!

ipuffyheartco - you're quite welcome. :) We have the same body type, so you are very inspiring for me. /end fangirl gushing
  • brettslack
    Options
    Wear what your comfortable in , Sometimes to much reveled is not as sexy as not enough .. I have seen some women who
    look great in a One Piece , but not as great in a bikini..
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yeah it's super-cute but now it's out of stock because it was 50% off :sad:
    Juicy001 - OMG, lady, that middle one is screaming my name!!! How hot is that!?!

ipuffyheartco - you're quite welcome. :) We have the same body type, so you are very inspiring for me. /end fangirl gushing
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Think we see too many fashion magazines with hot bods in bikinis so we aspire to that?
    Just wear what makes you feel good and what makes you feel confident :)