"babe" "hun"

Options
167891012»

Replies

• xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    I completely agree with you, he is in the complete wrong. I would find someone else because he obviously is a flirt with other girls and who knows when he will cheat.

Wow... You can't be serious...

Associating nicknames with cheating seems way overboard there. I hope you don't overreact about little things like that with your boyfriend, if so I feel bad for that guy...
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I know when my special friend (the only one I call that) calls ME "Darling" there is a different tone in his voice, just as I'm sure it's different when I say it toward him.
    While I don't care what he calls anyone else, I think it would smart a little if he called someone else by the name we agreed on for him to use toward me.
    Yes, we talked about it.
    As for the name we agreed for me to use toward him, Never have I called someone else that.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I am with you. I think that Babe and Hun are cute special names between a husband and wife. I call my husband babe all the time. My name is Jessica and my husband hasn't called me by my full seven letter name since we got together! lol So babe is pretty much my adopted name. But I also get jealous easy, and so does he. We don't go to the club..either. I do not like to put myself in those situations.
  • tipyourbartender
    tipyourbartender Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I actually would hate being called "hun" because it sounds so condescending to me, so I wouldn't be bothered at all by that. But yeah, babe is too affectionate / flirty of a word to call an acquaintance, or even a friend. It would make me feel a bit uncomfortable, but then again, it could just be the environment (terms like that are not foreign in the service industry, it's what gets tips!), or just maybe a regional thing from his upbringing. What does he call you?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Lol, reacting over little things like this is probably why the divorce rate is so high.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, he is in the complete wrong. I would find someone else because he obviously is a flirt with other girls and who knows when he will cheat.

LMAO! You can't possibly be serious?!

Oh wait. You probably are. My bad.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    "Hun" wouldn't bother me, I know several guys who call girls that, even if there's nothing going on. "Babe" I'd be a bit weird about.
  • EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    It does bother me - and i did tell him - his reponse was that i was overreacting!!!!

I'm a spiteful ***** - sometimes........i can play this game!!! Can't wait to go out - and call every male I see "babe' or "sweetie" or "hotness" all loud enough for my "husband" to hear.

Sometimes it takes something like this (actually putting the shoe on the other foot) so they can wake up and see the light!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    It does bother me - and i did tell him - his reponse was that i was overreacting!!!!

I'm a spiteful ***** - sometimes........i can play this game!!! Can't wait to go out - and call every male I see "babe' or "sweetie" or "hotness" all loud enough for my "husband" to hear.

Sometimes it takes something like this (actually putting the shoe on the other foot) so they can wake up and see the light!

Or sometimes it takes actions like this to build up enough resentment in a marriage then become a part of the 50% divorce rate statistic. :flowerforyou:
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I call everyone "honey" "hun" or "babe". My friends on here learned that. I call some of my better friends/coworkers "honey". Though it might be a southern thing too. So far none of my friends complained or coworkers said anything.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    Depends on context and tone. I know a guy who calls everyone "sweetie", even old women. Nothing firtatious about it.