Any ladies out there my height? I'm 5' 7 1/2" (5'7"-5'8")?

Options

Replies

• Sparkles93
    Sparkles93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, it's freaky how similar our situations are! I'm 5'7 and 172 lbs. I am making my first goal to be 155, so that I can be in the healthy weight range for my height. Of course, I would love to be closer to 130-140, but I want to make a realistic goal to start out with. I also have been running everyday for about 2 months, but need some ideas to really work my arms and abs! I love zumba, but I want more things!!! I will add you as a friend snce we have such common stats and situations :)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Go to tools and find out what the BMI is for your target weight and age. You may be surprised . . .for me it was only 1300 calories, but I'm not going to eat just that little. But I will gain if I eat more than 1531, which is what it says. I usually lose if I eat 1500 a day, as long as I'm active.

Ruth
    Just curious to know what your goal weight is. I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants here. I don't know what an appropriate goal weight would be for me. Probably won't know till I get there, but I am a curvy mama with a big chest, hips and thighs. Hoping to slim down in those areas and tone my abs and arms. Right now I'm really just running, so I could use some good arm exercises and ab exercises. I bought am 8lb free weight for my arms but really only know 1-2 strength training exercises. Help!

Thanks!

24286528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to weigh that much!!!!
    hello! i'm 5ft8, currently 146 and aiming for 140 although i'm finding it really hard to move past 146!
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am about 5' 8.5" and I have a medium sized frame. My goal weight is 150 but 145 would be awesome! My daily goal for calories is 1600 without exercise. However, I usually eat back a few of my exericse cals.
  • jaybee44
    jaybee44 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and large, muscular frame...When I was in Weight Watchers, they had originally stated 153 lbs was the upper limit, but then they upped it to 160...I'd say, when you're firm and can tell you're in shape, that's when you're at your goal weight. One can't always go by arbitrary rules created by other people...JB
  • Jazzmeeka
    Jazzmeeka Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and at 140 pounds, I'm hoping to get back to 115 thats how much I weighed before I got married. But I'll be happy if I can at least get 125. I'm sure my husband would be happy too! Haha
  • methorne
    methorne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and would looooove to be even 160lbs! I'm currently at 189lbs. Once I reach 160 I will see where I am at, I might want to get to 145lb but will depend on how I look/feel as it might just be an issue of toning.
  • kburgess247
    kburgess247 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and aiming to be 135, which is what I was right after college. During college I was closer to 120 but when I look back at pictures of myself, I don't really like them because I had no real muscle tone. I really want to be fit and strong. I could probably weigh less if I had a smaller chest haha.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". For most of my life I have been around 150 lbs and size 6. My goal is to get back there.

In my 20's, I was at 140 ish lbs for a couple of years, but that's much more difficult to maintain and not realistic for me with the job I have now.
  • elements2
    elements2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and when I got down to 155 I was very thin looking and that was enough for me but I am also 46 years old and at that weight a person tends too start looking older now im bak too 188 and trying to get back down too 155 AGAIN
  • cherryacid
    cherryacid Posts: 23
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal was 155, i am now 154 and my goal has changed to 135. I carry my weight on my hips and stomach and i am pretty sure i will be very slim at 135.
  • mrsmrogers
    mrsmrogers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently looking at a goal weight of 135-140.
  • geronimokennels
    Options
    I am exactly that height, and am coming off having a baby. I have gone down from 195 full term to 157 now, 6 months later. I plateaued at about 158, so I started MFP and it has really helped. I think at 140 or 135 I should be able to sport a bikini, if my belly and hips keep going down That is my goal right now. But I have a large frame so I can wear extra weight, closer to 130 I think that is too much to loose.

But it is really less about weight--I have less fat on my legs, thighs and *kitten* than before I had the baby, and I am just a few lbs heavier than when I got prego! I think it's more about how you feel and making the right choices. If you want to look better in a bikini, target those areas with exercise and continue a diet focused toward fat burning. But I notice a lot of people focus on weight a whole lot.

Really, I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks on MFP, but I am down a pant size! And totally thrilled!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my first goal weight was 150, when I hit that I decided I wasn't happy so I went to 145/140. That was 8 years ago. I've been as low as 127 and everyone could tell I was sick at that time. I was bone thin and looked horrible. 140 is my goal but I'm having trouble breaking 145. Getting older sucks ;)
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" and my goal is between 140 and 150.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2 techniciallly but round up to 5'8 ;)
    I've had 150 as a number in my head from the beginning. Id really like to see that number. Maybe I can do even better than that, or maybe I cannot get that low. We shall see when i get there. :)
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First of all, can I agree with a lot of the other posters here. What is target for some, will be different for others. Also it has to be sustainable, so no point setting a goal like someone else - compare by all means. But I know that for ME, I will never be thin thin.

Currently: 5'7"
    Weight: 191 lbs
    Size (UK): 16 bottom, 14 top

Aim -

Weight - 161 (11 1/2 stone)
    Size (UK): 12 (occasionally a 14)

That is sustainable with sensible choices, that's reining in the alcohol content, and I know (and have come to terms that I will never be skinny, and that's fine). I know I was happy and looked "about right" as a UK size 12. I'm curvy too, so I carry that weight pretty well. I don't look 191 lbs now I don't think (and a lot of others say that to me too).
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This is tough... I bought one of those books where they tell you how to find out what your race weight is, I'm 5ft7 (1.71m) and the book 'helped' me work out that my ideal weight should be 67kgs which is 147lbs.
    I'm at 163lbs / 74kgs now and I know I can get down to 156lbs/71kgs with a lot of work (ie exercise / healthier food choices and limit booze etc), but that last push bewow 152lbs / 69kgs i think is going to be so hard, as I'm not really in the petite range at all :flowerforyou: but have managed to lose a lot of weight/fat in the top part of my body until I get to my flipping stomach, which is the stubborn part.... Thighs are good due to cycling though...
    Would also love to bring my body fat down, currently at 28%. And to help prevent diabetes I need to bring my waste down to 80cms which is a fair bit to go....
    So it would be nice to have some friends in the same height range as me, so do feel free to add me!!
    Well that was a waffly message :tongue:
  • IronPhyllida
    Options
    I am exactly that height, and am coming off having a baby. I have gone down from 195 full term to 157 now, 6 months later. I plateaued at about 158, so I started MFP and it has really helped. I think at 140 or 135 I should be able to sport a bikini, if my belly and hips keep going down That is my goal right now. But I have a large frame so I can wear extra weight, closer to 130 I think that is too much to loose.

But it is really less about weight--I have less fat on my legs, thighs and *kitten* than before I had the baby, and I am just a few lbs heavier than when I got prego! I think it's more about how you feel and making the right choices. If you want to look better in a bikini, target those areas with exercise and continue a diet focused toward fat burning. But I notice a lot of people focus on weight a whole lot.

Really, I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks on MFP, but I am down a pant size! And totally thrilled!
    Well done!!!! :happy: :laugh: :wink: :happy:
  • IronPhyllida
    Options
    Holy crap - how did this board come up on my most recent boards if it's dated back to 2012?????