Any ladies out there my height? I'm 5' 7 1/2" (5'7"-5'8")?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Just curious to know what your goal weight is. I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants here. I don't know what an appropriate goal weight would be for me. Probably won't know till I get there, but I am a curvy mama with a big chest, hips and thighs. Hoping to slim down in those areas and tone my abs and arms. Right now I'm really just running, so I could use some good arm exercises and ab exercises. I bought am 8lb free weight for my arms but really only know 1-2 strength training exercises. Help!

Thanks!

24286528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm looking to be around 135 lbs when all is said and done. I've based that calculation off of various calculators.
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    About that height, I need more support, feel free to add me. :smile:
  • ALMG1992
    ALMG1992 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im aged 21 and am 5'8" and is currently 236.4 lbs, but due to my height I do not look big. My goal weight is to get to 195 and no further.
  • emmyj269
    emmyj269 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    SW: 204lbs
    Fitness Pal SW: 165.5lbs
    CW: 143lbs
    GW: 140lbs

It is amazing to see how people with the same weight can be so different in size! I completely agree with others on here and it's not about the number but how you feel and how your body actually looks. I am nearly at my goal and feel amazing. Currently a size UK10-12, not very toned but I like the way I look now and so planning not to drop lower than my target (only 3lbs to go! wahoo).

I want to be at a weight that I can maintain and not keep on a strict diet to stay as low as I can. It's all about how you feel, not what the scales say.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'm aiming for between 150-160 for now. My sis is 5'4" and looked really good at 145 and we have a similar frame so that is why i'm aiming there. Plus I plan on putting on a bunch of muscle instead of just doing aerobics (of which I mostly like cycling). She was skinny fat at the time but still looked good.

As for arm exercises, I just to bicep curls, Hammer curls, bicep kick backs and skull crushers. You might want to do your back and shoulders too. I only have dumbbells too, I have 5s, 8s, and 10s, but I also have a set of dumbbell bars with plates that I can get up to 40lbs when I get there. For shoulders I do bent over rows, lateral raises, front raises, bent over deltoid raises (not sure what its called), For chest, dumbbell chest presses and raises, also push ups are nice. I can't do push ups yet myself though, working on it.
  • LadyEm06
    LadyEm06 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5' 7.5" here. Bump! I need reminders of how everyone can vary.....
  • charlene1873
    Options
    me :) 5'7 here!
  • AshleyYost88
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'8" and aiming for 140-150. I know I want to keep some meat on my bones so I'm going to stop once I get to how I want to look, whatever weight that may be.
  • pspenc90
    pspenc90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" My goal weight is 160-150
  • Chunkilious
    Options
    Hi.
    Im 5'9" 43 years old, currently at 149 lb aiming for 134lb

:flowerforyou:
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Im 5'8" and at the moment my long term goal is 150. But as I get closer I will adjust it more to fit how things are thinning up.
  • MPHW
    MPHW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm small boned and not curvy, so my ideal weight is 135-138 lbs assuming I'm exercising and small-weight training. I'm currently 147 lbs and all the extra weight is sitting around my middle. I'm 51 years old and my metabolism has slowed dramatically in the past year. I have to adjust my eating and my exercise and it is not easy.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and big boned, so I am happy with being 145 pounds.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 135, 18% body fat..
  • invisible1030
    Options
    I'm 5'7" as well, sort of fell of the wagon after I lost 50 lbs last year and gained about 20 back (since rejoining mfp last week I've lost six of those again, yay!). I have a large skeletal frame and dense muscles, as well as sizable boobs lol, and when I was at my lowest weight years ago I was about 145 and a size 5, and right before I fell off the wagon a few months ago I was 158 with about 24% body fat. Hoping to get back to at least 145, but I would rather get to 135.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am in that range and currently weigh 127. I feel like that's an appropriate weight for myself honestly, but would like to gain more muscle mass and ditch a little more fat on my belly, even if that means going back up to 130