The Dumb@ss Things People Say...

Options

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    People that have to "quote" every time they type something. Some of them get real long.

How else will they know that they are wrong? :happy:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

I'm new to forums...as in, been here for less than a week, and this already irks me :)

... What should be said instead?

Nothing, let the thread die in peace :)
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Share some of the opinions, cliches, and myths that make you roll your eyes.

People posting in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section something that clearly belongs in the Chit-Chat section.

People posting about "dumb@ss" things people say when those are genuine questions for people new to fitness.

This, because god forbid people who are new to this would ask a question without being flamed by those who were never out of shape or who have been doing this for 3 years. We HAVE to start SOMEWHERE.

She was actually taking a shot at me, personally. ;)

I'm kindof a ****.
  • gchutson
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

It's God's way.
    I'm new to forums...as in, been here for less than a week, and this already irks me :)

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    People who ask questions about how to log cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, etc. Seriously? Are you that "anti" just getting a good old fashioned workout?

Okay, I can see how cooking and driving are a bit silly, but what if they're wanting to log gardening and cleaning (both of which can be major calorie burns) on top of their daily workout? Gardening and housecleaning aren't something you do EVERY day, so, to me, it makes sense to want to log it once or twice a week. I mean, if it's not something that's a part of your normal DAILY activity, what's wrong with logging it? Truly, your workouts are a daily activity (at least, they should be), but you don't have a problem with people logging that. Why is it so foolish to log heavy chores once per week in addition to your workout for that day?

Haha, you're really on this logging cleaning thing, aren't ya? I guess it just seems a bit desperate to get some extra calories in there. I feel like if cleaning my house gets me sweating more and my heart rate up more than my workouts, then I'm doing something wrong in my workouts. I mean, I work on a large university campus, and do a LOT of walking, but I don't count that. You can obviously do whatever you want, but for me, just seems silly.

Yes, but that walking is something you do EVERY DAY, so it's part of your normal daily activity. I only do a heavy duty cleaning once per week, and it's more than just "some extra calories". When you work that hard for two to three hours at a time, you're burning FAR more than just a few "extra" calories. In fact, I'm betting that I burn as many calories doing that as I would doing some moderate hiking for two to three hours, but you wouldn't have a problem with me logging that (hike). BTW, I most certainly am doing something right in my workouts. I look like I just jumped in a swimming pool by the time I'm done, and my heart rate usually peaks in the mid to upper 160's. I don't have a problem with you not wanting to log cleaning calories for yourself. You do what works for you. What I do have a problem with, is myself and others, who DO log cleaning calories (for valid reasons), being criticized and belittled for it.

As far as being "on the logging cleaning argument", this isn't the first time I've had this discussion/debate, so, yes, I've thought about it a little bit.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "You make a lot of money for your age, you should be thankful you even have a job!" - NO *kitten*... I am thankful but if I'm not happy, I'm not happy. Money isn't going to bring me happiness. I want to have a career... not a job. I want to wake up everyday & not dread going to work!!!!

I am sick to death of hearing how I should be happy I have a job. Yes I'm glad I have a job but it's still OK for ME to HATE that job. I'm still doing it cause it pays the bills but hating going to work every day just effing sucks the life out of a person.

It is ok!! it's not like we are saying we are going to quit. We're just unhappy. We're going to do what we have to do but its ok to want better & try to get that!

EXACTLY!!!! A bad economy does not give employers the right to treat their employees badly! My last job was like that and I thought: "You think you're the only place willing to hire me, so I should shut up and be grateful? No thanks." Then I found a new job :)

My favorite is when the people who say that ("Just be glad you have a job") are only jobless because they have CHOSEN to not look for one!!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion that they're dying to share. The list of people with dumb@ss opinions is only topped by the list of people SEARCHING to be offended by something.

(And I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, nor this site. I mean in general.)

When people use @ in place of a. It's stupid.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

What if you just want to save it to read all the way through later? Oh **** was that too many quotes?
  • Suzanne77598
    Options
    Holy crap! You've lost over a 100 pounds! That's awesome! I'm so in awe! Great job. You obviously know what you are doing. Anyway, I digress....

I agree with you. I HATE it when people spell "loose" instead of "lose"! I know this is off topic, but while we're at it .... some folks need to learn the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE, too!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

People posting in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section something that clearly belongs in the Chit-Chat section.

People posting about "dumb@ss" things people say when those are genuine questions for people new to fitness.

This, because god forbid people who are new to this would ask a question without being flamed by those who were never out of shape or who have been doing this for 3 years. We HAVE to start SOMEWHERE.

She was actually taking a shot at me, personally. ;)

I'm kindof a ****.

Kind of? :wink: :laugh:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    How do you log "pissing people off in forums?" I easily burn a solid 1000 calories a day doing that.

I don't know that you're "pissing people off", but you are not being motivating nor supportive to all the people who ask these questions. It reminds me of another thread you started where you made fun of progress pics. Then you claim to be a "motivator". It would seem to me that you'd want to be more supportive to those who don't know as much as you or who are in as great physical condition as you are.....and I'm saying that sincerely. You probably have a lot of great advice to give and COULD be a good motivator.

I know for a fact that you are actually a good person in real life, or at least you try to be. The number of friends you have on here is likely a good indicator of same.

Pursuant such, I've been delicate with you, because I know your heart is in the right place. Your hypothesis however, is not.

You jumped to a very erroneous conclusion based entirely on another erroneous conclusion, propagated by someone else, regarding one of my forums.

I never insulted "progress pictures," in any capacity, whatsoever.

I did make light of grown men posing in front of bathroom mirrors and taking cellphone pictures of themselves like teenage girls seeking emotional validation from strangers, pursuant their own lack of self-esteem.

...Because it's ridiculous.

There was no mention of "progress pictures."

I was making fun of "men" who want to show off their "tummies" to "all tha' laaaadies."

Further, I have never claimed to be "better" than anyone. Ever.

1 - You are wrong....Fit and shirtless guys are never wrong, no matter how the pic was taken :tongue:

2 - You are probably better than half the people on the forums
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I know I can't spot reduce, but how can I spot reduce?
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    "It's TOM... " followed by ANYTHING.

People who worry about weight gain during TOM when they know and its said repeatably its water gain but still go on worries/rants about the weight gain during that time.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump to read these later....I got to eat some breakfast first!! :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

I know you haven't, and I don't think you believe that either. You are obviously in great physical condition. You work hard and you're dedicated and know what it takes to be fit. When I say you could probably really help people here, I'm being sincere. It's just the two recent threads of yours seem more like you ridiculing people instead of motivating. That's just my perspective, of course. The men who take bathroom pics of their abs are indeed showing progress pics, whether those exact words are used or not. The people you're quoting here calling their questions/statemens as "dumb@*kitten*" may really need these questions answered.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I know I can't spot reduce, but how can I spot reduce?

I love you just because of this comment.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion that they're dying to share. The list of people with dumb@ss opinions is only topped by the list of people SEARCHING to be offended by something.

@greed.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was told that the less you cook food the less calories are in it... I asked if they meant calories were added by the cooking method or seasoning and they said "no, it is proven that cooked food has more calories in it. I get my steaks rare."...I walked away
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

@greed.

It's lIkE tHe PeOPlE wHO tYpE LiKE thIS
  • gchutson
    Options

I know you haven't, and I don't think you believe that either. You are obviously in great physical condition. You work hard and you're dedicated and know what it takes to be fit. When I say you could probably really help people here, I'm being sincere. It's just the two recent threads of yours seem more like you ridiculing people instead of motivating. That's just my perspective, of course. The men who take bathroom pics of their abs are indeed showing progress pics, whether those exact words are used or not. The people you're quoting here calling their questions/statemens as "dumb@*kitten*" may really need these questions answered.

Which is why I titled it "The Dumb@ss Things People Say"... and not "The Dumb@ss Thing People Ask."
This discussion has been closed.