When You Cry... They Win. Stop.

Options

Replies

• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! Im not the mushy, crying, need a hug kinda girl. I just say F'k off & move on!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Hooray for perfect people and reacting perfectly every single time. :flowerforyou:
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Love love love this. This was refreshing and I needed to hear this because I wear feelings on my sleeve sometimes. Thank you.
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    "Hey funny joke. Now, go get a spoon so you can eat my *kitten*."

This wins the internet. lmao
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "No one can make your feel inferior without your permission." E. Roosevelt

I would add that no one can make you feel anything. Only you control how you feel.

Nice motivation today!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Sweet. Lord! This is great. People need to scratch their mad place and get glad. Nobody cares what a special snowflake you are. If someone says something that hurts your feelings, consider the source, then move on.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ok, tough-love time...

I've seen string-after-string of "whining" and "crying" about the things other people say.

Examples:
    - "They insulted me."
    - "They hurt my feelings."
    - "They made me sad."

Here's a few steps to help some of you guys with the crushing things other people say...

Step 1: Stop giving a *kitten* what other people think.
    Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Now I have no doubt, a handful of people will be morally outraged by what I just typed.
    Please reference Steps 1 through 2.

(I'm sure a few of you have seen me post that on other strings)

When you get "offended," "hurt," "insulted" and "morally outraged," you've already lost the battle, because you granted the other party all the power before you even got started. When you run to your blog or forum to e-whine about how "that big mean person made you saddy-sad," they win. And you helped them to do it.

- When you cry, they win.
    - When you're "emotionally devastated," you give them all the power.
    - When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

Don't let them win.

I think I'm in love :love:

I needed this today, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can always count on you to make my work day a little more interesting :happy:

I completely agree with every word of it!
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    - When you cry, they win.
    - When you're "emotionally devastated," you give them all the power.
    - When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

Don't let them win.

I agree 100% and then some! This has been a tough one to overcome and I'm still working on it. It's not just for comments about weight. It can be a horrible boss at work or a co-worker who makes your life hell. It can be an ex who continues to 'get the best of you'. It can be your parents who are overpowering or even the opposite...show no emotion at all.

We're all here at MFP to strengthen our bodies and get fit. But strengthening our mind and attitude is just as important - it's a fundamental in our success.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Love this!

I try. Unrelated sidenote: I first saw your screen name of "Dad..." before I saw your picture and quickly realized that you must be using your initials, and not celebrating Father's Day on Sunday. ;)

You are correct sir.. those would be my initials.

and it's better then what they would have been had my father named me.. He wanted them to be Sad instead of Dad.. and could you imagine that as a screen name?
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So true, I LOVE this!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! :drinker:
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    "Hey funny joke. Now, go get a spoon so you can eat my *kitten*."

This wins the internet. lmao

LOL....I totally agree ^^^^

Your post was spot on, well-written, and funny to boot! Love it....you're a smart, smart feller!! There should be more like you out there in the world! (and single....and living in Kansas City.... ;):flowerforyou:
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Options
    The younger people in my organization tend to struggle with this as well...I constantly have to coach them that other people's opinions of them don't matter...only their of themselves matters...oh, and mine.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Loved it!!!! :heart: :heart:
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm not really one to give a monkeys what others think of me. However spending 3 hours sitting by myself at a social event because the other wives completely blanked me whenever I tried to talk to them actually did make me feel like *kitten* at the time. But then I thought well it's them who are rude and shallow and I don't really want to associate with people like that anyway.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    True, true, true. I people all the time, "Who gives a crap what someone said, you have to know yourself and love yourself."
    Exactly. Its best just to buck up and move on, when you react it does you no good.

Or, make them turn the other cheek... so you can kick it.
    LMAO! this is awesome :bigsmile:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I'm not really one to give a monkeys what others think of me. However spending 3 hours sitting by myself at a social event because the other wives completely blanked me whenever I tried to talk to them actually did make me feel like *kitten* at the time. But then I thought well it's them who are rude and shallow and I don't really want to associate with people like that anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, I probably slept with all them in college, and never called them back. ;)
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    its not always easy to do so though, and low self esteem is often a reason as to why people pile on weight in the first place. In an ideal world noone would care what others think of them, but in the real world we do. Sometimes writing a thread or venting on the web is a way of dealing, processing and rejecting others thoughts of you - like my threat, it was just a rant, i was hurt by things that had been said, not going to lie - of course I'm hurt because they are echoing what I already think about myself.

I'd love to be able to ignore everyone, but I'm not built that way, so I have to try and deal with it instead. Whilst I agree with you and your opening post, I do have to say that people shouldn't e bmade to feel rubbish about posting reference hurt feelings - this ,forum is here for motivation and support, sometimes support is just letting us vent and let go of those horrible voices in our own heads.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great post! I wholeheartedly agree. When I was young, like 5th grade, I would make myself physically ill by worrying about school, and what classmates and teachers thought of me. Because of that I discovered my life motto at a very young age "I don't give a $h!t." While somedays this has swung too much the wrong direction (dropped out of college and let myself blimp up) for the most part it has served me well.