Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• laurajoyk
    Options
    [/quote]

AHHHH...Thanks!!!! I plan to keep it up and Gulp...try to train for a half marathon! :noway: We will see how that goes.
    [/quote]

Awesome! You can totally do it!
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!!!!!!!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    W3 D1 - DONE!

Wow! 3 minutes - that is quite a jump from 90 seconds. Still, I felt pretty good, I think. During the first 3 min interval - I thought, "This Robert Ulrey guy is having a laugh at me" - I thought there was no way that I only ran 3 min. :laugh: I paced myself a little better for the remaining intervals and felt pretty good.

I also did my W1 D1 for the 100 pushups challenge - repeating W1 and started a sit-up challenge. Might as well start working on that upper body!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Good job jlbay.

I just finished w3d1 also! It feels great!!! I don't like the robert ulrey podcast very much, I use Suz's podcast, If you like hip hop music at all, its a lot better! Its actually got songs I like and know.

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • caseyamber
    Options
    I finished w4d1 this morning. I wasnt going to go, and then my dog didnt even want to get out of his bed, but we went and I am so happy about it! Someone once told me that you never regret working out after its done, but people regret NOT working out.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @ laurajoyw - Thanks! You know, I may try Suze's podcast. I do actually like techno music, but hip hop might be more fun to run to. I think I only went with Robert b/c it downloaded easily for me. I'll try it out for tomorrow's run and see how it goes. I think a half marathon is a great idea and I'm hoping to do the same, but after I've run a couple of 10k's - listen to us!! talking about half marathons and 10k's. It is kind of exciting.

@ caseyamber - so TRUE! Good for you. When I do workout - I feel SO much better and I think to myself, "Why did I ever give up on this?" - then the next day, it is a struggle to get out the door again. Funny how that is. It was like that the first time I started running (years and years ago) - then after a while (maybe months) - I was completely addicted to running and wouldn't miss it for anything.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W6D1 Done! :glasses:
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Starting week 5 day 1 this morning!!
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Keep up the great work every one!!!! I am going to try another 3 mile run at lunch today! :noway:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    I didn't start w1 d1 yesterday like i planned, so im doing it today at 12:30 my time, that way when I get home Ican put the kiddo down for a nap and take a shower. *chants* I can do it, i can do it!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I didn't start w1 d1 yesterday like i planned, so im doing it today at 12:30 my time, that way when I get home Ican put the kiddo down for a nap and take a shower. *chants* I can do it, i can do it!

Yes you can :smile:

I was just quoting jdubard0413 about the half marathon lol :laugh: , it just didn't show up that way. Sorry, I don't think I'm going to be that ambitious yet, but I am going to sign up to do the women's run next spring which is a 5k I think. So I'm excited about that, and if that goes well I might try one of the other runs next year too! :smile:

I was so tired and didn't want to get out of bed today and was totally dragging until I weighed myself lol I've lost 13.5 lbs and I'm soooo excited!!! 9 more lbs to go before I'm finally below 200!! I am so motivated now!
  • JessiJean
    Options

Yes you can :smile:

I was just quoting jdubard0413 about the half marathon lol :laugh: , it just didn't show up that way. Sorry, I don't think I'm going to be that ambitious yet, but I am going to sign up to do the women's run next spring which is a 5k I think. So I'm excited about that, and if that goes well I might try one of the other runs next year too! :smile:

I was so tired and didn't want to get out of bed today and was totally dragging until I weighed myself lol I've lost 13.5 lbs and I'm soooo excited!!! 9 more lbs to go before I'm finally below 200!! I am so motivated now!

Congrats on the big loss!!! Be proud of yourself for getting out of the bed :happy: I believe that you will run that 5K!!!!!!!

I only ran 2 miles today. It was hot and my hip feels like it will fall off :cry: :laugh:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am getting up at 5am tomorrow morning to go run W6D3 the 25 minute run. i am very unsure but I can only run for 10 minute before walking for 1 minute then running again. I know lots of people who do 10's and 1's in races so do you guys think its a bad idea if i keep pushing on? i want to get to the 5km but i just think I'll have to walk for like 5 minuts of it!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Maddie - you can do it! I know you can - let us know how it goes. :)

I did another attempt at Week 5, Day 3 -and THIS TIME, I DID IT! 20 minutes straight, no walking. Slowish pace, but I DID IT! :)

Gonna start week 6 on Thursday!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    W5D2 Done!!!!!!
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Great job kurneckc!!!!!! I am starting the 10 K training today!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Great job kurneckc!!!!!! I am starting the 10 K training today!

I'm so proud of you! I want you to know that reading about your successes here really helps me to keep going when I feel like I can't go any more. Thank you for sharing your success with us! I'm rooting for you, I know you can do this 10 K thing!!!

Are you doing a published training for it? Like the c25k?
  • xenanoo
    Options
    Ok, so I did 11 minutes of day 1 week 1 instead of 20 0_0 I wasn't hurting or anything, but my 2 year old fell backwards and hit her head on the concrete and i let it be an excuse to stop entirely instead of starting again once the crying stopped. My legs are a little sore today too 0_o but i'll keep with it, and i will actually finish the 20 minutes tomorrow =p
  • laurajoyk
    Options

Congrats on the big loss!!! Be proud of yourself for getting out of the bed :happy: I believe that you will run that 5K!!!!!!!

I only ran 2 miles today. It was hot and my hip feels like it will fall off :cry: :laugh:

Thanks! Take it easy on your hips, I switched shoes and now I don't have shin splints at all, maybe that might help. I just went back to my old ratty pair cause i live 300 miles away from a shoe store and they were more comfy lol, but maybe you should buy a new pair?

I lost another pound this morning LOL!! I'm now at 208.0 which is the lowest I've been in 5 years! YAY!!! Since I've been doing this on a regular basis the weight is just melting off LOL!!

Everyone keep it up, you are all so motivating.

Maddie you can totally do it. even if you do tens till you can work up to the 25 you will do great!!! Today I'm doing week 3 day two!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Ok, so I did 11 minutes of day 1 week 1 instead of 20 0_0 I wasn't hurting or anything, but my 2 year old fell backwards and hit her head on the concrete and i let it be an excuse to stop entirely instead of starting again once the crying stopped. My legs are a little sore today too 0_o but i'll keep with it, and i will actually finish the 20 minutes tomorrow =p

Oh my gosh I hope she is okay!!!!!

I just want to encourage you by telling you something that might discourage you at first, but if you keep in mind the end goal I hope it will make it easier.

The first two weeks that I did this I hurt so badly that I hobbled around at home and at work. I was SORE in all caps - however - at the end of week two and going into week three that went away. Occasionally now I'll feel a tiny bit of tenderness in a muscle but if you can endure the first week or so of soreness it will go away.

Don't forget to stretch at the end too - and do not skimp on that 5 minute cool down walk - both help with the soreness.

Also Banks keeps saying that any amount of aerobic activity is good for you, so that 11 minutes meant something!!! If you have to finish the other bit later, so be it! You still got the benefits from the first part.

You can do this! I salute you for doing it with little tiny ones. :)