What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• Suziq1023
    Suziq1023 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.

Yup, that 'bout sums it up -- along with 3 ruptured disc, a pinched nerve and DD's that don't behave.
  • Suziq1023
    Options
    Wearing 3 bras to hold the girls still is uncomfortable, and when I jog, my thighs rub and it looks like my lady parts are eating my shorts. Omnomnomnom

^ ^^.hahaha aha That's what i look like too! If they synchronize it for the Olympics call me for the team!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Too much boob bouncing - even with a sports bra on. Jogging and jumping jacks are painful.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    cuz Wu Shin Splints aint nothin to f__ with *drops mic*
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1. My boobs would knock me out.
    2. My boobs would slow me down.
    3. I hate my boobs.
    4. I get horrible side aches and NOTHING seems to work. Trust me, I've tried everything. (ETA: Surely I can blame this on my boobs somehow.....)
    5. I'd rather eat my own limbs than run.

The end.
  • JaneNoir
    JaneNoir Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG, my right foooot D-: I have THE most painful bunion that I need to have fixed surgically, however I'm holding out hope that my pain will stop once I lose more weight...but getting there is slooowww. Since my bunion hurts so dramatically I have been walking/standing on the outside of my foot and now that and my ankle hurts too. There is NO WAY I could run on it. It takes all I have to make it through work, standing on it for 9 hours! Love my recumbent bike because it doesn't hurt my feet (or knees), but I have to use it forever to feel like I am DOING something. :-/
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes. But it's boring and I'm not very good at it.
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    I actually run 6/7 nights a week, but running, for a great percentage of people actually PROMOTES weight gain. You'd be better off just doing some cardio and strength training.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've heard that jogging and running improperly while overweight can put stress on the knees. I walk to keep my joints safe.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My knees. I do good just to walk at a fast pace. Thought about jogging and possibly running, but dont think so. Not as young as I use to be. I'll stick with walking a brisk pace. Thanks :wink:
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    I try but I can only jog/run for short distances and I turn red and get winded easily :grumble:
    Elliptical is so much more fun!:laugh:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No one has been chasing me. That's the only reason I'd run.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Lazy and embarrassed.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5. I'd rather eat my own limbs than run.

The end.

that is too funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't jog or run because I usually trip and fall down. I am a klutz.

Also, I value my knee and ankle joints.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Ankle injury. I always hated to run, but now wish I could!
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i dont jog, i get my business done through interval sprinting far more engaging for me..
  • Suziq1023
    Options
    I live in Maine, and it's spring time. We have momma bears right now that are less than impressed with fast movement near the cubs... whether you know they're there or not.

Now THAT's a good reason!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I screwed up my right knee and both ankles playing softball. I also have back and hip issues due to a serious fall.

I get my cardio in by walking and going to spin class.
  • KSpiked
    KSpiked Posts: 12
    Options
    Nobody is chasing me.