What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I don't enjoy it, and to keep going exercise needs to be something you enjoy.

Also as a F cup, I'd end up giving myself black eyes!

Plenty of other ways to exercise without the need for jogging (or running) for me.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Simply because jogging is not my favorite form of exercise... I prefer Zumba or the elliptical glider...
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

Me too! :)
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    short attention span. too boring. only cardio i can stick to is zumba.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. The end.

This.
  • MirrorsBrokeHearts
    Options
    Because... ehrm... How to describe me when I run...

A fish with an epilepsy attack is the most accurate.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    my boobs get in the way...lol:)
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    To name a few.... I live in Florida and it's too flipping hot!! I have big boobs and bad ankles!! All three are pretty good reasons I think!! :)
  • ultim8fury
    ultim8fury Posts: 42
    Options
    Bi-lateral plantar fasciitis and achilles bursitis. First thing in the morning standing up is an achievement .

In the last three weeks though I've forced myself to walk at least a mile a day and whilst I do it filled with anti-inflammatories and pain killers with ice packs on standby for my return I've managed to stick with it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Have osteo-arthritus in my knees.
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's HIIT?

What she said!
  • cornlady
    cornlady Posts: 15
    Options
    No Endurance and knee pain... wish I could jog, for even a short period of time!
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bi-lateral plantar fasciitis and achilles bursitis. First thing in the morning standing up is an achievement .

In the last three weeks though I've forced myself to walk at least a mile a day and whilst I do it filled with anti-inflammatories and pain killers with ice packs on standby for my return I've managed to stick with it.

good for you, one baby step at a time!
  • ultim8fury
    ultim8fury Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    i can't job in my wheelchair lol.

Also, I just don't think it is good for joints and my joints were carrying around a lot of weight for 50 years soooo
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What's HIIT?

What she said!

High intensity interval training.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.

^ Whhhhuuuuttt? :laugh: :embarassed:
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I don't jog because I run.

AMEN!!!

Me too! :glasses:
  • thejulesmarie
    thejulesmarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Saying that you'll hurt your knees by running is just an excuse not to run.

I started running after I found out that I have arthritis in my knees. Running strengthens your ligaments which then helps stabilize your joints, resulting in stronger knees. If you find that your joints are bothering you after a run, check your footwear!
    :heart: Thank you!

There are plenty of 50 and overs in my running group who have been running since they were kids and none of them have knee problems (or any other issues).

I'm sorry but.....I'm 49.....after 4 knee surgeries....you're both wrong. I really hate those blanket statements people like to make. It's really insulting.

I gave MY experience with running with bad knees. Not really sure how that's insulting anyone. You can tell me I'm wrong if I was suggesting you go run a half marathon after 4 knee surgeries because "it'll be just fine." My guess is that running after knee surgeries probably isn't the best thing for you. That being said, joints get STRONGER with EXERCISE. If you aren't exercising, your joints get weak and become more susceptible to wear-and-tear injuries. If you truly found what I said before to be insulting, then I apologize because that was not my intention.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i actually love jogging/running. i'm trying to increase my endurance so i can go farther distances. it feels sooooo good when you are done :happy: by the way, i hate using boobs as an excuse, come on ladies :noway: