Options

Replies

• learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    What do you guys think about frozen meals......?
    I am a teacher so they are easy to throw in the microwave and filling without many calories - but they are just so high in sodium...:flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher so they are easy to throw in the microwave and filling without many calories - but they are just so high in sodium...:flowerforyou:

I'm not a big fan of them, mainly cause I don't like the taste. I tried a few a long time ago but maybe they've gotten better, I'm sure it depends on which ones... I think that you shouldn't eat them everyday though because of the sodium and preservatives in them. Can you make a salad and pack that? I do this and then put the dressing in a tiny tupperware and shake it up in the tupperware that I put my salad in... hope this helps!

~Leash :heart:
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge.. I'm off for a run, have a good day everyone!

• mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I like them, but the sodium like you said isn't good. If you like chicken, what about making some chicken breast at the beginning of the week. You can keep them in the fridge and throw them in a salad? I like the buy the frozen tenders and grill those up on the George Foreman. I put them in sandwiches, wraps and just plain with some salsa and black beans.

As for the frozen dinners, I really like Amy's. They have some good options calorie wise.
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Thank you - all good ideas. Especially about making extra chicken at the beginning of the week. I'll have to check out Amy's frozen meals - I am sure they are better for you because they are organic too.

Oh - and two students in my class had birthdays today. Guess what birthday treats they brought for everyone to share?
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Orange soda! UGH! Brutal!
  • clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I join you ladies (and guys)?

My name is Chelsea. I am 21 and have about 65-75 lbs. to lose. I have been on this site for a few months, it's just hard for me to log everything. Sometimes I'll cook a recipe and don't want to put it in the computer so I can use it. LOL... just lazy.

I would really like to have some major support and I think this group would be great since you all are about my age. My hubby's great, but you know how they are... sweet, but not helpful all the time. :wink: So if you all don't mind, I would love to join in!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Do you mind if I join you ladies (and guys)?

My name is Chelsea. I am 21 and have about 65-75 lbs. to lose. I have been on this site for a few months, it's just hard for me to log everything. Sometimes I'll cook a recipe and don't want to put it in the computer so I can use it. LOL... just lazy.

I would really like to have some major support and I think this group would be great since you all are about my age. My hubby's great, but you know how they are... sweet, but not helpful all the time. :wink: So if you all don't mind, I would love to join in!

yay Chelsea! So happy you are here! Everyone on this list group has been really nice and supportive! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I like the added fruit/veggie challenge! Let's do it!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Still maintaining... i guess it could be worse
  • mshay05
    Options
    Welcome clacourse!!!

Nicole- that totally sucks about all the birthday festivities. I have a sister-in-law who is a teacher and she runs into the same problems! Krispy Kreme is the devil!!! :devil: lol!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Good morning - feeling a little sluggish, unmotivated and discouraged...trying to remember it took me three weeks to see results last time. I forget how hard this is!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Good morning - feeling a little sluggish, unmotivated and discouraged...trying to remember it took me three weeks to see results last time. I forget how hard this is!

I know the feeling, I ate pizza the other night which I don't ever eat cause I know how it makes me feel after and what to you know, I feel like crap! Stick with it though, it'll be worth it.... next time I want to eat something unhealthy I'm going to think about how I feel right now, it took me 3 1/2 hours to fall asleep my stomach hurt so bad :sad: .... ok sooo starting now you and I are going to have a great day :smile:

• NicoleMikluscak
    Options

I know the feeling, I ate pizza the other night which I don't ever eat cause I know how it makes me feel after and what to you know, I feel like crap! Stick with it though, it'll be worth it.... next time I want to eat something unhealthy I'm going to think about how I feel right now, it took me 3 1/2 hours to fall asleep my stomach hurt so bad :sad: .... ok sooo starting now you and I are going to have a great day :smile:

Thanks Leash - glad to hear I'm not the only one. I just wish I could have the energy to work out more. By the time I get home from teaching and being on my feet all day, I am just exhausted. I don't know how everyone does it.!
  • SkinnyCate
    Options

Thanks Leash - glad to hear I'm not the only one. I just wish I could have the energy to work out more. By the time I get home from teaching and being on my feet all day, I am just exhausted. I don't know how everyone does it.!

I teach too -- 6 kiddos on the autism spectrum so I am RUNNING all day lol, I had been good last week and still came home every day and did 35-60 mins on the tredmill for 5 days in a row. I have only worked on Tuesday so far this week but I've still been under with my calories. I am just exhauuuussstteddd this week!
  • nessie994
    Options
    I am 21 years old. I realized my weight, and more importantly, my eating habits were out of control. So now I am taking charge!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, Welcome Nessie!

Thought id pop in for a quick hello, still up working, though luckily not still at the office right now.

I got the 30 day shred over the weekend = Amazingly quick workout that i cant make it through with out some breathers. or getting attacked by the dog during abs.

Nicole I would def look into that if i were you. Even if your exhausted, its only 20 minutes of ur life.

So far this week the earliest ive gotten home is 8pm, and i change right to shorts go down and do Jillian then eat something small and go to bed.
    Happy Thursday!
  • mshay05
    Options
    Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Leash, I am right there with you... had house lo mein last night and felt awful afterwards. :sick: It's one of my weaknesses... I just ate too much. LOL!

I am amazed at how you ladies do it all. Work, teach, and exercise and eat right? I only work 40 hours/week... and still have problems getting off my lazy butt and exercising. You go, girls!! You can do it!

I took this week off of work to get some work done around the house... needed it really bad. So, housework is counting as my exercise this week. :happy: I am planning on starting the Couch 2 5k on Monday. I have started it twice before... just never followed through. I do that a lot. Start things and not finish them... not good. :grumble:

Anywho... I am going to try to make little mini-goals to see if that helps this time... did any of you ladies do something like that, and did it help in the long run?

I hope everyone has a great day today!! We can do it! :happy:
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Learning2fly4 - tell me more about this 30 day shred...maybe I can get my husband to do it with me.

Clacourse - mmmmm Lo Mein! Also, I was thinking about starting that Couch2 5k - what did you think about it when you tried it? I hate running but I know it's good for me.

New tip I learned - I got a neat water bottle for Christmas that I have been taking to school with me everyday, and it has a straw. I have found that I have been chugging much more water with the straw than a regular bottle - because it helps me suck more down and faster! LOL Just a thought

:flowerforyou: