Worst part about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ....should really set up a clothes swap via MFP judging by all the replies!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    1.My boobs have disappeared

2. Having to buy all new clothes. Yes, it sounds like fun, but it's also expensive -- even when you get most of your clothes at Goodwill and consignment stores like I do. I went down 5 sizes and had to replace an entire wardrobe (shirts, pants, bras, underwear, outerwear, pajamas, etc.) and my husband was unemployed at the time so money was tight.

3. I'm cold all the time.

4. I hardly burn any calories during my workouts now.

Other than that, losing weight is awesome. :smile:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have no "worst" part stories yet.... maybe when I lose more...right now I am transitioning into smaller clothes, but I LOVE shopping so I am pretty damn excited about that. When I was smaller I still had C cups so I'll take that too :bigsmile:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Two things,

1) People telling me I've lost enough and need to stop now.... I'm only just under obese!!!!
    2) People trying to tell me how to diet... you must eat this, don't be starving yourself, don't eat your calories back, do eat your calories back, it's really annoying.......my answer..... IT WORKS FOR ME, BACK OFF. :mad:
  • deesaf
    deesaf Posts: 46
    Options
    Two things,

1) People telling me I've lost enough and need to stop now.... I'm only just under obese!!!!
    2) People trying to tell me how to diet... you must eat this, don't be starving yourself, don't eat your calories back, do eat your calories back, it's really annoying.......my answer..... IT WORKS FOR ME, BACK OFF. :mad:

YES! WTF? FOr the first time in your life you are treating your body with respect, and all your friends are acting like you have developed an eating disorder
    The other day one friend was concerned because I wasn't drinking enough. Enough alcohol!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When you are the only one trying to do it in your house, have to do different meals, and not eating MY SWEETS!!!!!

I agree, it's hard eating healthy when everyone around you doesn't pay attention. I went put to eat last night, my boyfriend's meal had 1370 calories not including the whiskey sour he had with it. I was disgusted since I don't eat that much in a day.

I hate this too! I'm the only one in the house trying to lose weight, even though my boyfriend and his mum said they wanted to lose weight too!! We went shopping last night and the encouragement I get is them buy THREE packets of chocolate mallow teacakes!! I said "you shouldn't do this to me, I'm supposed to be on a diet" and kinda laughed and the response I get from my boyfriend.. "diet my foot". Charming! -_-
  • Rushie73
    Rushie73 Posts: 3
    Options
    Worst part is my shopping bill is a lot higher due to healthier food being more expensive than canned/frozen/packaged foods. Have to say the pros outweigh the cons though and I'm loving the healthy living and going to the gym six days a week!
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It seems like I am always cold! I used to be the one complaining how hot I am, but now I find myself taking sweatshirts wherever I go even when its 90+ outside, just incase.

The other thing is getting compliments. I love to hear them, just can't get use to it.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    All the money I have to spend on new clothes!

THIS!!!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Clothes purchasing & the extra skin - I have been obese my entire life so as I shed these pounds my skin is only pulling in so much. I will never be a beauty queen, but I will take being a healthy queen!!
  • Seb3
    Seb3 Posts: 26
    Options
    I know we all usually try to stay positive, but I was wondering what if any bad parts about losing weight are for you guys.

For me, it would be push ups. They used to be so much easier. I used to go till my stomach hit the ground. Now, that doesn't happen until my chest is pretty much on the ground. So it makes each one a lot harder.

What about you guys?

The only negative aspects about losing weight (I have lost over 20kg or 45lbs), is that I find that I feel the cold much more, and I am always feeling hungry.

For example I was outside on a clear autumn night in May and it was 12 celcius (approx 50F), but because I don't have much fat left on me, it felt like freezing or below zero. Thankfully I am from Sydney, and Sydney is not subject to the severe winters experienced in North America and Europe.
  • mrskatiepowell
    Options
    As much as I wouldn't go back, I miss carefree eating. I miss partying and I miss not weighing myself.

BUT....
    I love going shopping and not crying in the changing rooms because clothes wouldn't fit
    I love that people do a double take and say 'Wow you look great' when they really mean 'You aren't fat anymore!?'
    I love being drunk from 2 glasses of wine when before it would take 2 bottles
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    For all the ladies who have posted about their frustration with clothes not fitting, I have a partial solution, at least for the bottom half. The secret is...skirts!!! Worked for me on the way up too--a good A-line skirt will be a lot more forgiving with fit than a pair of slacks that inevitably gives you either a saggy butt or a weird, loose-fitting waist under your shirt.

I've been doing pretty well shopping in my closet so far, but I'm definitely feeling compelled to buy more to fill in the gaps. I'm telling myself it's making up for all the shopping time I've missed feeling like crap about my larger self and the sizes needed to fit it. The best part about the clothes situation...I'm getting more space in the closet as I get rid of all the larger sizes I don't need anymore!!!
  • mrskatiepowell
    Options
    Worst part is my shopping bill is a lot higher due to healthier food being more expensive than canned/frozen/packaged foods. Have to say the pros outweigh the cons though and I'm loving the healthy living and going to the gym six days a week!

Totally agree with this - i posted a topic about it but got pretty much slated and told I was buying 'fancy food'!!
  • mrskatiepowell
    Options
    Two things,

YES! WTF? FOr the first time in your life you are treating your body with respect, and all your friends are acting like you have developed an eating disorder
    The other day one friend was concerned because I wasn't drinking enough. Enough alcohol!

Ah I've had the exact same thing!
    I went from 195lbs to now 157lbs wanting to get into the 140's but my husband and best friend keep saying "that's enough now" "you look ill" "any thinner and it won't suit you" I'm only just under the 'overweight' BMI so how can what i'm doing be wrong? And it's been over 4 years - hardly like i'm dropping a stone a day!
  • GallifreyanPunk
    Options
    You know what I would do about the clothing issue? Cut it up and sew it back together! I'm kind of really into punk 'fashion' so if something's too big I would cut panels out of the side and either sew it back together or hold it together with safety pins. On the other side if something's too small I again cut it down the sides, but add in panels. It's a really cool affect.
    You get a whole new wardrobe without spending a whole lot of money! :D
  • vespertinestar
    Options
    Why does no-one tell you how expensive losing weight will be!? I guess the worst part is needing new clothes but not wanting to buy any because you know in another few months you'll need yet ANOTHER smaller size, lol. Oh and regarding the above: I recently told someone they didn't need to lose any more weight and that they looked fine. Trust me they think they are helping by telling you that you look good, they aren't being malicious but if you don't like it you should tell them what metrics you are using to tell whether you're "there" and hopefully they will understand :)

Matt
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher on summer vacation, so right now the clothes issue isn't too bad. Luckily, I had never gotten around to donating that storage container of clothes from college that didn't fit. So I have jeans and Ts that fit. When I go back to work in August, I'm going to have to buy some new clothes, BUT, I'm within about 10 lbs of my goal weight, so IF I can lose another 5, the clothes I buy in August should fit decently when I lose 5 more lbs. Hopefully.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Worst part about losing weight for me is losing my boobs and constantly buying new clothes :(
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My boyrfriend stuffing his face with anything he wants and still losing weight.

My mother constantly trying to feed me something that I shouldn't eat.

I have the worst sweet tooth ever so substituting other things for the real thing...fro-yo over ice cream and such!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!