Worst part about losing weight

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Marissakbooth
    Options
    The worst part about losing weight for me, aside from the big problem of buying new clothes, is that my wedding ring is to big and constantly spins while I'm at work. It drives me inseane!
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So far I'm pretty happy with everything about my weight loss. I love it when people ask me how much weight I've lost. I want and hope that I motivate them to get moving too! Especially my younger sister who holds a lot of her weight on her stomach.
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with almost all of the above.Myself,physically and mentally I don't think there are any negatives. Dealing with people from the outside word is another story I guess.

I was working on my weight loss for a lot longer than anyone here noticed.I lost about 30lbs from last summer until December just by trying to eat healthier foods and eating 3 meals a day.I didn't start exercising until end of January, beginning of February and I have lost 55lbs since then, People have really noticed now.

I really love when someone that hasn't seen you in a while yells in a crowded place " wow, you've lost a lot of weight!"I'm not embarrassed by weight loss I'm very proud of myself, but I also don't want to have everyone in the crowd turn and look.

I also love it when people ask you how much weight you have lost. Last night I had a lady in my neighborhood yell this at me as I walked past her house on the opposite side of the street with headphones in. I heard her anyways. I've lived in the same place for 18 years, so I know most of the people around there well enough to wave as I go by, but I feel that is a little personal for someone you don't know, I couldn't tell you her name and I know she doesn't know mine.

The "you've lost too much weight, you can stop now" comment is also a favorite of mine. I am happy to now be out of the obese category (barely), but I will get into the shape that I want to, and the size and weight that I know (and my Drs know) is healthy for me. Beyond that it's none of their business.

Recently, I have begun sending MFP to people who ask me what I am doing. I have learned so much on here!
    I do think it is kind of amusing that someone can ask you personal questions in public then to not even try to do what has been helping you. But to each their own, and I hope they find something that works for them.

One that I didn't see on here is: "You have lost so much weight! There isn't anything wrong/you aren't sick or something?"Again, from people who don't know you well, and why would you be sharing your private health information with a person who is barely an acquaintance?

Don't get me wrong, I am polite, usually vague. I realize they probably don't know how rude or invasive they are being. Beyond the idiocy of some people, I am loving my new size, I love getting into smaller sizes!I too get most of mine from thrift stores, which is so much easier here since I am in a smaller size now. Not to mention I have gotten nothing but name brand, new looking jeans from our thrift store for about $5 each. I wouldn't pay more, even if I had it to blow on clothes.I like the idea of trading clothes, I think it would be a great morale booster from all sides.

I know of some websites where you can trade books and things like that- they have a database where you list your books, when someone wants your book- you drop it in the mail. When they get it, you earn credits towards getting things for yourself off the database, postage is all paid by the sender. Or you could Paypal the sender the postage the posting if you were to find someone to trade with here?
    I was told to get all my larger clothes out as soon as they didn't fit or I would work my way back into them. I have been listing mine on my local Craig's List, I have actually made quite a bit of money, which I have been able use towards some of my new expenses with shoes and clothes.

I really miss mocha java chillers from Sonic. I used to love these! I tried to treat myself with one a couple weeks ago, and it just isn't the same. I have gotten accustomed to the healthier foods and it was just entirely too sweet and sticky! I still eat things with sugar, just not even close to before.
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1. Not even knowing how to shop for clothes anymore. I have no idea if something fits, even when trying it on.

2. The change in identity that has gone along with it has been confusing and, at times, scary. It bewilders me that people don't seem to think that I'm fat anymore (I know I'm not, but I still think I am.).

3. This isn't about weight loss, but it's related: I miss eating whatever I felt like eating whenever I wanted to. I miss eating because I was bored or had time to kill. I miss getting (what I used to think were) great deals on tubs of ice cream and other junk food.

Despite this stuff, though, it's still 100% worthwhile and I'll never regret getting to a healthy weight. The pros outweigh the cons a million times over.

This most definately! Everyone thinks that when you loss weight all your problems disappear. When I first lost 6 stone 10 years ago (and then put 7.5 back on!!) I had this issue, it was horrible and ended up having to go to a counsellor. Hopefully this time will be better! My friend always shouts at me too for still wearing styles that suit the larger frame when I don't need to anymore.......she is right, but I am too set in my ways to try other styles.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    For me:

Buying new clothes

Proper male grooming? What is this?!

Losing friends (lost quite a few that couldn't accept it or even tried to sabotage it)

Being just as body concious as I was before?!

Trying to find who I am, my entire life has been turned upside down, I don't do any of the things I used to and I don't see half the people I used to so trying to find myself and what I enjoy doing I.e having my own identity has been hard.

Having people just see you as that guy that lost a load of weight, some people seem to assume I have skin hanging down to my knees and that I'm going to drop dead.

"EAT MORE YOU'RE TOO THIN" ..then I explain I Eat 3500 cals a day then they stfu. STFUPPERCUT.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Seeing a friend's face after they order pancakes and bacon, then I order egg beaters and fruit. Knowing I'm making them feel self conscious about their decisions makes me feel crummy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!