Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have heard such good things about the 30 day shred and would like to try it. I have very limited space in my house due to clutter and things just not organized currently (about to move). How much room do you need to do this workout?
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think ima join! I need something like this and I really like videos. You said its on youtube?

Yes indeed Level 1 is on youtube, Soma you don't need much room at all, if you can get into position to do a push up you have enough room. Just push all that stuff to the other side of the room!!
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wooohoo good to know!
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    just finished day 2 of level 1. I'm a little sore but not bad. Still struggling with the pushups, and today the jump rope was hurting. I agree with calling Jillian names as a coping mechanism....I kept calling her the devil. Course I will switch this when I look in the mirror and see less of me.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I got through day 2. Let me tell you my arms shoulders and thighs are aching. I wanted to stop just a few minutes into it but I pushed myself. I try to keep in mind the body I want to achieve. Sadly I live in a townhouse and it is killing me to go up and down right now lol. I had a little more progress with the pushups and the jump rope so I am hoping in no time I can get through the whole level 1.
    Awesome job!!! I just finished day 7 and believe me it gets easier, but it wears you would because you get better and can push yourself more!!! I love it! Great job:) KEEP IT UP!!!!
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have heard such good things about the 30 day shred and would like to try it. I have very limited space in my house due to clutter and things just not organized currently (about to move). How much room do you need to do this workout?
    Not a whole lot. Enough to do a jumping jack and lunge, plus lie flat on a mat. that should cover all the exercises. In level 1 anyway. Not sure about the other levels.
  • aztraea
    Options
    So sad - my knees are killing me. They're fine during the workout, but have been aching afterward. Tonight they feel really bad. Going to take a few days off and see how I feel. Ugh - all that momentum I had going! Sigh.....
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    So sad - my knees are killing me. They're fine during the workout, but have been aching afterward. Tonight they feel really bad. Going to take a few days off and see how I feel. Ugh - all that momentum I had going! Sigh.....

You can do it!! Get back on it, friend!
  • aztraea
    Options

Ah, I want to but they hurt in a way that makes me worried I'm doing real damage. I'll see how they feel in the morning!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Ah, I want to but they hurt in a way that makes me worried I'm doing real damage. I'll see how they feel in the morning!

Modify the high-impact moves that involve jumping by making sure to keep one foot on the ground at all times. For instance, on the jumping jacks, move your arms as you normallly would, but just tap out with your feet. You will still keep up the intensity that way. Trust me, I tested it with my HRM doing modifications and my calorie burn was almost the same as when I do the full range of movements.

Check your form when you're doing any bending of the knees and make sure the knee is never extended past the front of the foot or more than a 90 degree angle. That is critical and will contribute to knee damage if ignored.

On squats,start the bend at the hip, not at the knee. Stick your bottom out and then let the rest of your lower body follow. Put your weight on your heels during a squat and try to keep your knees in line with your heels if possible. Your knee should just be along for the ride, not driving the car.

If modifications still hurt your knees, take a few days rest and then come back with modifications. I have a bum right knee, so I know the pain. I baby this baby so that it will keep letting me work out the way I want.
  • johanna83
    johanna83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred today! I thought I was going to die...but I made it through! I work out at the gym regularly but wanted something more...hoping I see great results! I've got an annoying stomach pooch after having two c-sections and really praying this can get my stomach toned. Anyone have any good results getting a toned tummy after a c-section?
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i wanna join
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!! Finished Level 1 this morning, nervous as hell for level 2 tomorrow, but fricken thrilled that I'm 1/3 of the way done to finishing this challenge! Keep at it girls, we are getting CLOSER!!!!
  • CryTerrell
    CryTerrell Posts: 55
    Options
    I'll join!! I started it yesterday!
  • Biggusburdus
    Biggusburdus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll join! Today will be day 3 for me, slightly sore on the arms but I am starting at the lowest weight I can find! 2 kg in each hand and my bingo wings hurt!

Woohoo!
    So glad I found this board.
  • Biggusburdus
    Biggusburdus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!! Finished Level 1 this morning, nervous as hell for level 2 tomorrow, but fricken thrilled that I'm 1/3 of the way done to finishing this challenge! Keep at it girls, we are getting CLOSER!!!!

Ooh! Let me know what level 2 is like!
  • ksyrnyk
    ksyrnyk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this starting today. I have never gotten through the full thirty days but it is an awesome workout. Hopefully this group will be the motivation I need to stick to it. Thanks and good luck everyone
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tomlinson12
    Options
    Day 3 today and I need some friends that are doing it too! Add me! :)