Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 19 done today. I had a hard time pushing through today but I believe its because I hadn't had anything to eat yet. After tomorrow (hopefully winning the gym competition) I'm going to increase my carbs and calories to hopefully not be so exhausted all of the time. After tomorrow I go to Level 3!! I'll let you guys know what it's like! Now Josh and I are off to Red Lobster and I already have my meal picked out!! I love that they give you the Lighthouse Menu with all the nutrition information now!! Have a great day guys, much love!!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    The older we get the slower our metabolism naturally becomes, it is also easier to lose muscle and gain fat. This is why strength training and adequate protein intake are very important as we age. How much protein do you take in on a daily basis? Aim for at least 100 grams, it's best to take in 1 gram per pound of body weight but 100 is a good one to strive for. I hope this is helpful!

Hey Dianne,
    100 grams?! Really? Holy cow! I'm not near that. Thanks so much for enlightening me. I did search around the message boards and it does sound like I should decrease my carbs a bit and increase my protein. Maybe that's what I need to get the stalled weight loss going again. If this works, you will be my HERO!

Going off to do Day 15 now.

Enjoy your night at Red Lobster!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday, and finished Day 2. A long way yet to go, but I'm excited for the results!
  • karenlouisep
    Options
    i am on day 13 (3 days in on level 2) never did manage to do all the jumping jacks in level 1...in level 2 the planks kill me but its my legs that give out not upper body, in this level its the co-ordination that gets me. i seem to miss so much of the workout stopping and making sure my arms and legs are going in oppersite directions..and those last planks/abs exercises i keep falling over....
    am sure i gained more of a workout in level 1 as i could do all the exercises
  • jennylasley
    Options
    Just started today. Totally kicked my butt! One thing I like about it is that they are all moves I can do [I'm not coordinated enough for a lot of the aerobic videos out there :laugh: ]. Wanted to do a big hike tonight, but I'm having a hard time even climbing the stairs! My legs are like jello. Wish me luck!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Yes ma'am, my fitness coaches that I pay a pretty penny for tell me "At least 100 grams of protein and stay at around 50 carbs". However, 100 is the minimum for protein, it is suppose to be 1 gram per lb of body weight. Also, drink more water, drink so much that your eyeballs float, this for sure has helped me shed 30 pounds in 3 months!!!! I started using a low-zero carb protein powder to help me get my protein in. You can get them online, or I found one at Wal Mart also. Hope this helps!!

@ Karen, It took me a while to get them down too. I saw a poster today that I think will help, it goes "Strive for progress, not perfection". And that's true, when we are starting out, we aren't going to be perfect, but we will get BETTER each, and every time. Don't give up girl, show yourself, and the rest of us what you are capable of!!!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday, way too hot in my house! Still warm this morning but I got up early and tackled day 1 of Level 2. I was so out of breath I couldn't believe it!!
    I sure wish that scale would start moving in the right direction!

I saw 30 day shred results yesterday on the success stories forum and this girl only lost 5 lbs the entire 30 days but seriously looked like she had dropped 30, no joke! I was floored, amazing! Don't get discouraged!! I lost my way for a few days this last week but I'm now feeling much stronger, I am woman, hear me roar!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRR! :laugh:

I'm hearing ya, loud & clear! An appearance of a 30 lb loss would be amazing!!! Roar!
  • carriep1002
    Options
    DAY 8 TODAY FOR ME, IT WOULD OF BEEN DAY 9 BUT I DIDN'T GET TO DO IT THE OTHER DAY. ALMOST TO LEVEL 2!!
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    I saw this and went ahead and did day 1, not even looking at the date that it was posted! lol. I am really proud of myself bc I didnt rest once, and I thought I was much more out of shape than Iam! feel free to add all, I love support and supporting others while we try to live a healthier life!
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes ma'am, my fitness coaches that I pay a pretty penny for tell me "At least 100 grams of protein and stay at around 50 carbs". However, 100 is the minimum for protein, it is suppose to be 1 gram per lb of body weight. Also, drink more water, drink so much that your eyeballs float, this for sure has helped me shed 30 pounds in 3 months!!!! I started using a low-zero carb protein powder to help me get my protein in. You can get them online, or I found one at Wal Mart also. Hope this helps!!

@ Karen, It took me a while to get them down too. I saw a poster today that I think will help, it goes "Strive for progress, not perfection". And that's true, when we are starting out, we aren't going to be perfect, but we will get BETTER each, and every time. Don't give up girl, show yourself, and the rest of us what you are capable of!!!

what is the protein powder called, and what do you mix it in? thanks!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Right now I'm using VPX Syngex Serious Chocolate whey protein powder which I got online, the kind I found at wal mart was Pure Protein 100% whey protein vanilla cream, I was mixing the vanilla in almond milk and the vpx I just started mixing in greek yogurt with powdered peanut butter and I freeze it and eat it like ice cream. SO CREAMY!! The yogurt is Chobani fatfree plain greek yogurt. I'm going to start using Shakeology tho as soon as my VPX is gone. If anyone would like to try it message me!!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just started too!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    ...in this level its the co-ordination that gets me. i seem to miss so much of the workout stopping and making sure my arms and legs are going in oppersite directions..and those last planks/abs exercises i keep falling over....
    am sure i gained more of a workout in level 1 as i could do all the exercises

Hi Karen - I feel like this too, but I think the idea is just to keep pushing through it. I'm curious about what level 3 will be like!

Congrats to all the people who are posting their progress! Every day is a step closer to fit & healthy.

Dianne - thanks again for the awesome protein tips!

Carrie - good job sticking with it, I think after day 8 was when it got easier for me!

And WELCOME to all new people. Remember, it's only 20 minutes a day. You can totally do it!
  • Elainaf
    Elainaf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was doing the 30 day shred but I got really bored with it. I get bored really fast with the same workout routine.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Nothing but positive posts here!!! Finished Level 2 this morning, starting Level 3 tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it is!! Get it!!!!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just finished my level 1, day 3 workout! My arms and back were so sore this morning. But after the brief stretching, I felt great! My legs are burning now even after I'm done, love the feeling. This 20 minute workout leaves me feeling even more beat compared to spending an hour plus at the gym! Hope we all keep the inner motivation to continue with each day :D
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Level 2,Day 12 done this morning. Just getting ready to head on vacation. Packing 30 DS! Hopefully, I'll stick with it everyday!
    Have a great week everyone!
  • meandahalf
    Options
    I have just done day one! It was so tough and I need to get my hubby to check I am doing each exercise correctly but I'm so proud of myself and because I'd worked so hard it made me want to have a healthier lunch so as not to ruin it all. The pics on here are fab and I can't wait to see my before and after! :smile:
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    Hi all,

Newbie on here starting this again tonight, going to weigh myself tonight and redo measurements i'll keep you all posted
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 16 done! Am really getting into level 2 now! Still ridiculously hard to do those V squats at the end, but I'm pushing through!