Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I officially hate Level 3 for the most part. I will try not to quit, but if I don't grow to love some part of it soon, I probably will. I despise the row with leg raise because my hands keep slipping off the weights. The walking push-ups make my shoulders hurt. Other than that, the other segments are boring. I will have to do alot of self-talk to get through 10 days of this level.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 3 done. I still don't like it, but it was better than yesterday. I went down from 8 to 3 lb weights for the rows and jumping jacks. I modified when I got tired on the second round of jump lunges. Me thinks I can do this whether I like it or not.
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know, that's awesome! I think we lost a few though :brokenheart: Hopefully they will come back. I'm thinking about doing another round of this since I did so poorly with nutrition for half of it. I really think if I would have stayed on point with my diet I would have had even better results! I'm so glad you lost weight Ruth! I know you were getting discouraged!! As of just now, day 29 finished!

Ditto! I'm ready for a repeat round too! Going over in calories + vacation has not given me the results I was hoping to see. I start level 3 tomorrow and I've done better on eating this week, perhaps the final 10 days will pay off!

I started doing Turbo Jam right before 30 Day Shred and it really intensifies the burn!!

I didn't shred all weekend.:grumble: Jammed packed weekend, but no excuses!
    Is Turbo Jam a 30 min workout? Any equipment needed?

I still haven't started back up. Here I only have 10 more days to go. I have been using every excuse; too busy, heat, knees are aching. I can hear Jillian now..." Get your @$$ in gear" !!! Plus, a few other choice %#@* words! LOL!
  • carriep1002
    Options
    ok i am back to the 30 day shred today, i have slacked off for 4 days!!!, soooo ashamed, but today will be the 4th day on level 2, i got to get back into it because i DO NOT WANT TO START OVER AGAIN! back to feeling good and jillian kicking my *kitten*!!!! lol
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Day 9 level 3! Tomorrow is my final day everyone!:drinker:
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    I am on day 6 of Level 1...(for the 4th time). *hangs head in shame*. I would LOVE to have a few motivational/inspirational people in my corner.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 3, Level 3. I don't hate it so much now. Well, except the traveling pushups.... I still have a strong loathing for them :laugh: . I will survive this and maybe start it over again. I finished up with The Firm Cardio Explosion to burn some more calories. 30DS gives me about 255 calorie burn and I was way over on food today, so I had to get in some extra quick, hi-intensity moves.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 5, Level 3 completed. The hate for the traveling pushups is still going strong!!! Everything else is challenging yet not hate-producing. I really feel like I will start over again with Level 1 once I finish this. I like the consistency of the routine and I love the results so far.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Day 10 of Level 1. I watched Level 2 to see what was coming and I am scared! LOL

^^^^^ THIS!! I bought 30DS over a month ago and feel sooo incredibly intimidated by it after just sitting on the couch and watching it all the way through that I haven't even started the darn thing yet :laugh:

Anyone else feel this way and have advice? Am I just being a wussy pants?
  • Chop28
    Chop28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also on the 30 Day Shred and have done it before in the past, but this time I am starting at level 2. Level 1 is not even a challenge for me so I am not going to waste my team doing it. I do Level 2 around 10:30am or 11:00am than when I get off from work do 10 minutes of full body workout. I am going to do level 2 for 15 days than level 3 for 15 days with the 10 minutes of cardio. My resting days is going to be Tuesday and Wednesday ( during those days I will go swimming) when I am actually off from work. Not for sure how much weight I lost so far because I haven't weighed my self but will let you know when I reach that point.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Just finished up Day 10 of Level 1. I watched Level 2 to see what was coming and I am scared! LOL

^^^^^ THIS!! I bought 30DS over a month ago and feel sooo incredibly intimidated by it after just sitting on the couch and watching it all the way through that I haven't even started the darn thing yet :laugh:

Anyone else feel this way and have advice? Am I just being a wussy pants?

Just get started, modify when you need to and keep moving. You will see results. If somehting seems difficult but doesn't seem to pose a risk of serious injury, do it to the best of your current ability. Your performance will improve daily as you do it. Have the goal in mind that you will finish what you start even if you have to modify the moves or slow down the pace to get through them.

I hated Level 1. I loved Level 2. Level 3 is OK -- love/hate thing going on. But I LOVE the results so far. I lost over 1 inch from my hips in one week. As she says in the DVD, Jillian gets results.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 3 completed. Took my weekly measurements and I am down 2.7 inches overall in 2 weeks and down almost 4 lbs in the same period of time. I've found the technique for the row/leg raise combo, so I feel better.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 3 completeted. I got a little shaky on the row/leg raise combo so I had to modify the second set, but overall I pushed it as hard as I could. Can't believe I'm almost finished.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 8 of Level 3 completed. I was somewhat angry so it fueled my workout. Even the traveling pushups seemed easier.
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked-in, in awhile. I'm still shredding but when I hit level 3, which I actually enjoy, I've kinda lost interest. I'm skipping a day or 2 at a time. I'm not sure what day I'm on! So, I'm resetting the counter back to day 1 of level 3!
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Day 9 of Level 3 completed after taking 4 days off... I got a little bored. One more day and I will be restarting the Shred after this. I think it is still very effective for me. To keep the boredom at bay, I'll probably rotate between the levels daily instead of 10 days at each level. And I'll be adding in another "muscle confusion" program as well as some walking.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Finished Day 10 of Level 3. I have officially completed the 30 DS program. I will take my final measurements this weekend. I have some soreness now and I know that I am probably a little swollen, so I want to wait and get an accurate measurement.

I like the program. I think it is very effective and I will be restarting it at Day 1 sometime this week.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 25 tomorrow (D5L3) and I hate every single one of those 28 minutes. Especially the squat jumps and rockstart jumps. Those are the worst. BUT, I keep on keepin' on.