Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hey, we rolled the thread! :laugh:

I lost a pound!!! This thrills me to no end. Today is day 21 for me - first day of level 3. I'm heading downstairs now to get started.
    Have a great day, Shredders!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I know, that's awesome! I think we lost a few though :brokenheart: Hopefully they will come back. I'm thinking about doing another round of this since I did so poorly with nutrition for half of it. I really think if I would have stayed on point with my diet I would have had even better results! I'm so glad you lost weight Ruth! I know you were getting discouraged!! As of just now, day 29 finished!
  • karenlouisep
    Options
    can i ask those of you who have gone on to level 3, how do you know when you are ready to progress. i will do day 9 of level 2 tomorrow and having watched level 3 i don't think i am ready. i can manage most of level 2 as long as i follow anita, 2 exceptions are oblique twists and the last abs. (last abs i just struggle but can't feel my abs doing any of the work)
    do i just jump in and see how it goes? if i struggle should i stick with it or drop back to level 2..
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    can i ask those of you who have gone on to level 3, how do you know when you are ready to progress. i will do day 9 of level 2 tomorrow and having watched level 3 i don't think i am ready. i can manage most of level 2 as long as i follow anita, 2 exceptions are oblique twists and the last abs. (last abs i just struggle but can't feel my abs doing any of the work)
    do i just jump in and see how it goes? if i struggle should i stick with it or drop back to level 2..

Hmm, if it were me I would go on to level 3. I didn't feel as though I was ready to progress at any of my ten days, but I did and I was surprised at myself and how quickly my body adapted. I have NEVER found any of my 29 days to be "easy". I think you should give it your best and keep pushing, as she says, that's how we make our body change. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it!!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know, that's awesome! I think we lost a few though :brokenheart: Hopefully they will come back. I'm thinking about doing another round of this since I did so poorly with nutrition for half of it. I really think if I would have stayed on point with my diet I would have had even better results! I'm so glad you lost weight Ruth! I know you were getting discouraged!! As of just now, day 29 finished!

Ditto! I'm ready for a repeat round too! Going over in calories + vacation has not given me the results I was hoping to see. I start level 3 tomorrow and I've done better on eating this week, perhaps the final 10 days will pay off!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 3 only 4 more days to go!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options

Get it, girl!! What do you think about your results so far?
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options

Ditto! I'm ready for a repeat round too! Going over in calories + vacation has not given me the results I was hoping to see. I start level 3 tomorrow and I've done better on eating this week, perhaps the final 10 days will pay off!

I started doing Turbo Jam right before 30 Day Shred and it really intensifies the burn!!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    New to this site, but already on day 8 of the shred, already I feel amazingly stronger and have way more stamina. Generally I do yoga daily as well as at least 10 min of ab work as well as I do not feel the 1 minute per circuit is enough for me. I'm hoping to also add cardio in the evenings more often since the shred itself doesnt have great reviews for purely burning fat. Does anyone have a cardio video they could recommend that goes well with it? Or that isn't too intense on top of it?
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    New to this site, but already on day 8 of the shred, already I feel amazingly stronger and have way more stamina. Generally I do yoga daily as well as at least 10 min of ab work as well as I do not feel the 1 minute per circuit is enough for me. I'm hoping to also add cardio in the evenings more often since the shred itself doesnt have great reviews for purely burning fat. Does anyone have a cardio video they could recommend that goes well with it? Or that isn't too intense on top of it?

Turbo Jam, or Turbo Fire :) Which I can help you purchase if you would like. I'm a coach for beachbody. Good luck to you!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Get it, girl!! What do you think about your results so far?
    My lower half looks good. I lost about 5lbs so far. I wish I could lose some inches though!
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Day 10 of Level 1. I watched Level 2 to see what was coming and I am scared! LOL
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Day 10 of Level 1. I watched Level 2 to see what was coming and I am scared! LOL

You can do it!! I personally feel Level 2 was much easier than Level 1. Maybe that's because I did a 90 day strength training program before it and my core is really strong. I laugh when she warns you before the plank twists because I don't find them that difficult except that I'm tired because it's the end of the workout.
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 of Level 2. Level 3 here I come... in 2 days. I take my rest days on weekends, so I will resume at Level 3 on Sunday or Monday.
  • rschmmidt
    Options

I would say just move on. I also struggled at the endof level 2 because my arms are so tired, but it's not supposed to be easy. I did Day 1 of level 3 yesterday, and like all the other levels, it seems hard at first, but like all the other levels, I'm sure I will get better if I stick with it.

I'm going to repeat the whole program again when I finish the 30 days. I often followed Anita through the first go-round, I want to work up to following Natalie. Also, I'm curious to see if I go back to level 1 if it will seem really easy to me! I remember how hard it seemed the first time through. That will make me feel good about myself!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Also, here's an NSV. My husband - who practically never compliments me (we've been married 20 years, compliments are few & far between LOL) - was looking funny at me last night. Suddenly he says "wow, you have definition in your arms that you've never had before." Then after a few minutes of discussion about Shred he says, "I am *really* proud of you for working so hard at this."
    Wow! I almost passed out right then from shock! LOL
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Also, here's an NSV. My husband - who practically never compliments me (we've been married 20 years, compliments are few & far between LOL) - was looking funny at me last night. Suddenly he says "wow, you have definition in your arms that you've never had before." Then after a few minutes of discussion about Shred he says, "I am *really* proud of you for working so hard at this."
    Wow! I almost passed out right then from shock! LOL

That's AWESOME!!!! So happy for you, Ruth! You are such a tremendous inspiration!
  • fmbomzo
    Options
    I'm doing Day 1 of Level 3 tonight. Took my usual weekly Sunday measurements and had a few NSVs.

NSV 1: Have lost 5 lbs in the first 2 levels of the Shred
    NSV 2: Have lost 1.6 inches overall in the last week of doing the Shred; 1.5 inches of that in my hips :bigsmile: !

I'm pumped!!!!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I started doing Turbo Jam right before 30 Day Shred and it really intensifies the burn!!

I didn't shred all weekend.:grumble: Jammed packed weekend, but no excuses!
    Is Turbo Jam a 30 min workout? Any equipment needed?
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options

I didn't shred all weekend.:grumble: Jammed packed weekend, but no excuses!
    Is Turbo Jam a 30 min workout? Any equipment needed?

Turbo Jam is a beachbody product that has like 10 different workouts and is really effective. Private message me and I'll get you some more details ;) It comes with all the equipment and some free stuff.