Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of Level 2 completed. I took a week off earlier. I am loving this level still. I can finally do the leg raise with military press without losing my balance. I'm only burning about 240 calories per workout per my HRM. Since I'm so close to Day 10 I will keep on with Level 2 for the next 2 days, then take a weekend off and start with Level 3.
  • ashuley
    ashuley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 DS for one month on the 23rd of july. Been doing it 3 days a week at least and I joined this website once I started eating healthy and using this DVD. I have lost around 5 pounds so far and I still am sticking to level one, I might incorporate jogging in the early morning but I need to get motivation :P Cardio isnt my thing,hard to do.
    Does anyone use this dvd and also some eliptical or jogging after too? Did you see results faster?
    Im kinda nervous at starting level 2 because as I remember it was reaally hard..
    I might wait to start level 2 until I use the DVD atleast 5 days a week so I really gain stamina.. what do you guys think?
  • jennylasley
    Options
    Finished day 8 of level 1 today. I'm looking forward to seeing some definition in my arms. Definitely feeling stronger though. :-)
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for a few weeks on level one. I found Level One to be super challenging so I was putting off Level Two but this week I decided to start it! A friend of mine is starting 30DS and we're motivating each other for a month! Glad to find this thread, I could always use more motivation and advice :D
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    On the plus side i am feeling loads stronger and dont struggle doing the walk out pushups anymore and my flexibility is getting much better :)
  • oanamoise
    oanamoise Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm on Day 17, Level 3 for the second time, and let me tell you..I was struggling due to fatigue from doing the video every day plus running a couple of miles each day. My fat seems to have dissapeared around the should area, the back and around my upper body mostly.
    My weight hasn't dropped much, but I feel better and feel a lot more toned and confident. Not sure if it's due to the cardio I do as well, but I do know that without the Shred I wouldn't feel this result as much.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    On the plus side i am feeling loads stronger and dont struggle doing the walk out pushups anymore and my flexibility is getting much better :)

Me too. Basically, that's what's keeping me motivated to continue. I'm seeing improvements in strength and surely that must mean the other good stuff is sure to follow. Hopefully, soon!

Today is Day 20 for me. I've been inconsistent lately (skipping days) and need to get back on track!

For those who've asked, I'm also trying to run/walk/jog for 30 minutes every day. I think there are several people on this thread who have said the addition of cardio will help benefit the 30DS workouts and are doing likewise.

Shred on, peoples!
  • TanyaCook22
    TanyaCook22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will try! I just bought it but know it may be too difficult in the beginning. I will do what I can and work up to it!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 DS for one month on the 23rd of july. Been doing it 3 days a week at least and I joined this website once I started eating healthy and using this DVD. I have lost around 5 pounds so far and I still am sticking to level one, I might incorporate jogging in the early morning but I need to get motivation :P Cardio isnt my thing,hard to do.
    Does anyone use this dvd and also some eliptical or jogging after too? Did you see results faster?
    Im kinda nervous at starting level 2 because as I remember it was reaally hard..
    I might wait to start level 2 until I use the DVD atleast 5 days a week so I really gain stamina.. what do you guys think?

I think if/when you feel like you can do the level 1 exercises without too much struggle, or you've done 10 days of it, move on to level 2. More power to you!

Also, many folks do say that adding cardio will get you to your goal faster. Good luck!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    I will try! I just bought it but know it may be too difficult in the beginning. I will do what I can and work up to it!

Hi Tanya! Just do what you can. The trick is just to get started!! I am still sort of amazed at how much I improved, having never done any exercising of this type (weightlifting, abs, etc.) before. Good luck!
  • marji4x
    Options
    Man, those planks in leve 2 are killin me! This morning was really hard. It's nothing but planks at the end and my arms are dying hahaha.

Hopefully I'll have awesome strong arms soon!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 19 (level 2) last night! Skipped another day due to the heat and no a/c. I'll wrap up level 2 tonight!
    I'm noticing some definition in my arms! yeah! I took measurements in the beginning. Kinda regreting not taking any pics.
    Scale went up, but I was also on vacation last week. Continued to shred most of the days, but did not excel in the eating department!
    Back on track with eating this week!
    Shred On!:glasses:
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    How many calories does it burn?
  • marji4x
    Options
    I usually list it as circuit training but someone on here was saying there's a formula you can use to get exact results:
    - Wow I could definitely feel the burn this morning after my first day on Level 1 yesterday! Just completed day 2 and am so proud of myself!! I saw a post on here the other day where someone had mentioned how Jillian tells you to work out your calorie burn for the workout...does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so can you quote it for me as I can't find the original post and Im just listing it under circuit training at the min. Thank you and well done everyone : )

- I think I know what you're talking about. It was to take your current weight times 3.267. That's how many calories you burn in one hour using this video. For a 20 minute workout, you'd divide that 1 hour calories burned number by 3 to get 20 minutes worth of calories burned. Hope that helps! :-)
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 19 (level 2) last night! Skipped another day due to the heat and no a/c. I'll wrap up level 2 tonight!
    I'm noticing some definition in my arms! yeah! I took measurements in the beginning. Kinda regreting not taking any pics.
    Scale went up, but I was also on vacation last week. Continued to shred most of the days, but did not excel in the eating department!
    Back on track with eating this week!
    Shred On!:glasses:

That's a great attitude to have, keep at it!!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Man, those planks in leve 2 are killin me! This morning was really hard. It's nothing but planks at the end and my arms are dying hahaha.

Hopefully I'll have awesome strong arms soon!

They were awful for me at first too! You don't realize how much stronger you get until a couple days, it's crazy!! Good luck!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Finished up day 28 today! Let me tell you doing those plank rows with a leg lift in the last strength circuit of level three are brutal! Sweat literally just pours off my face onto my carpet! (eew) But, my tummy is looking a bit nicer!!
  • oanamoise
    oanamoise Posts: 26
    Options
    Level 3 is harsh..and the planks you talk about are killing me.. I sweat a lot too at those! My arms are definitely more defined too..and I can't wait to finish this! :))) I'm on day 18 now!..
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of Level 2 down. I'm actually sad about leaving this level. I still work up a sweat with it and my weight loss has started up again after several months of bouncing the same few pounds. I've lost 2.5 lbs in the last 7 days.

For those who've done Level 3, do you have any tips/advice? I haven't looked at it in order that I don't psych myself out and make it harder than it should be. I just get "surprised" when I move to each new level.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Day 9 of Level 2 down. I'm actually sad about leaving this level. I still work up a sweat with it and my weight loss has started up again after several months of bouncing the same few pounds. I've lost 2.5 lbs in the last 7 days.

For those who've done Level 3, do you have any tips/advice? I haven't looked at it in order that I don't psych myself out and make it harder than it should be. I just get "surprised" when I move to each new level.

I enjoy Level 3, I there is some jump training in it which makes the quads sore, but all in all there are some fun moves. Congratulations, you're doing great!