Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nothing but positive posts here!!! Finished Level 2 this morning, starting Level 3 tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it is!! Get it!!!!
    Wow, level 3!!! You go!
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Finished day 8 of level 1 and am tempted to jump to level 2 now as getting a little bored.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi all,

Newbie on here starting this again tonight, going to weigh myself tonight and redo measurements i'll keep you all posted

Welcome Sarahlou! Wishing you good luck as you move toward your goals. Let us know how you do! :flowerforyou:
  • jennylasley
    Options
    My day one was yesterday and let me just say I could BARELY get out of bed this morning I was so sore. :sick: I was sore all day and wasn't sure I could even think about doing it today, but.... I DID! It was hard but I'm actually not sore at all right now. Glad I didn't quit and very curious to see what tomorrow morning is like. :happy: For everyone just starting right now, keep going! You can do it!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 21 of the Shred done, first day of Level 3, it was a bit more intense, but I enjoyed it for the most part!! Looks like all you guys are doing unbelievably well at pushing yourself through the workouts! Feels good doesn't it? To think you have nothing in you and then to prove to yourself that you CAN!!! We are all so incredible!! Glad to see so many new people joining, and always excited to see everyone's progress, have a great day guys!!!
  • stephanooooy
    Options
    im on the thrid day of level 2, just done it this morning, omg level 2 is killer compared to level one, i think i might have to stay with this level a bit longer than ten days, i just dont think i will be completing it to Natalies standard in just ten days at all!

are you guys doing the shred with other exercise as well? im just doing the shred at the moment to get me back into running again, hoping it will give me the fitness boost i need
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    im on the thrid day of level 2, just done it this morning, omg level 2 is killer compared to level one, i think i might have to stay with this level a bit longer than ten days, i just dont think i will be completing it to Natalies standard in just ten days at all!

are you guys doing the shred with other exercise as well? im just doing the shred at the moment to get me back into running again, hoping it will give me the fitness boost i need

I'm on day 16 of Shred and my intention is to also do Couch to 5K program at least 3x a week.
  • meandahalf
    Options
    Wow I could definitely feel the burn this morning after my first day on Level 1 yesterday! Just completed day 2 and am so proud of myself!! I saw a post on here the other day where someone had mentioned how Jillian tells you to work out your calorie burn for the workout...does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so can you quote it for me as I can't find the original post and Im just listing it under circuit training at the min. Thank you and well done everyone : )
  • jennylasley
    Options
    Wow I could definitely feel the burn this morning after my first day on Level 1 yesterday! Just completed day 2 and am so proud of myself!! I saw a post on here the other day where someone had mentioned how Jillian tells you to work out your calorie burn for the workout...does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so can you quote it for me as I can't find the original post and Im just listing it under circuit training at the min. Thank you and well done everyone : )

I think I know what you're talking about. It was to take your current weight times 3.267. That's how many calories you burn in one hour using this video. For a 20 minute workout, you'd divide that 1 hour calories burned number by 3 to get 20 minutes worth of calories burned. Hope that helps! :-)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    After taking a week off (no exercise at all) to celebrate my birthday and the 4th, I'm back. I'd completed Level 1 and was a few days into Level 2 when I stopped. I restarted Level 2 and just competed Day 3 today. It seems so much easier this time. I don't know if I'll stay on Level 2 for the whole 10 days. I'm using 8 lb weights and I can still do the routine with ease. The only part where I feel more challenged is the 2nd set of the military press with leg raise. My shoulders are tired by then.

I love the program though. I've lost 2 inches off my waist and hips since I last measured.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I just realized today that I had this dvd (unopened - embarrassing!) on my shelf, and it's probably been there a couple years LOL
    I did my first day today, and found it really tough ( I am really out of shape) but I figure doing as best I can is better than doing nothing, right?
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I just realized today that I had this dvd (unopened - embarrassing!) on my shelf, and it's probably been there a couple years LOL
    I did my first day today, and found it really tough ( I am really out of shape) but I figure doing as best I can is better than doing nothing, right?

Yes join in!!! It was hard for a lot of us at first, I finished day 18 tonight, and I can say today was probably my best day yet:) I warmed up with Zumba which I think made it easier since my muscles were loose:) !! Good Luck! It is an awesome challenge, do what you can do and don't stop moving!!
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking ahead to life after the 30DS - have you guys done many other JM videos? I'm thinking of doing a BFBM/NMTZ rotation after this. Anyone done that combo?
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Yes join in!!! It was hard for a lot of us at first, I finished day 18 tonight, and I can say today was probably my best day yet:) I warmed up with Zumba which I think made it easier since my muscles were loose:) !! Good Luck! It is an awesome challenge, do what you can do and don't stop moving!!

Thank you! I was feeling really pathetic for not really being able to keep up. I was surprised how hard the push ups were for me ( apparently all my upper body strength has disappeared!) and how exhausted I was - I couldn't even finish the last few exercises.
  • tobeftmom
    tobeftmom Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi I started this workout last week and gave up after the third day.
    I'm thinking of getting back into it, does it get any easier? I'm not in the best shape.
    :smile:
  • jennylasley
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of level one. Fully body pain has gotten better. Today it was just my arms that were killing me. I feel like some of the exercises are started to get just a hair easier and that's all the motivation I need. It's only day three so I'm not expecting miracles yet. I'm eager to see how I feel in another three days. :-)
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Hi I started this workout last week and gave up after the third day.
    I'm thinking of getting back into it, does it get any easier? I'm not in the best shape.
    :smile:

It does get easier, but just remember to do the video each day. Even if you have to stop for a few seconds 10 times, make sure you finish! Your body will get stronger each time and you'll really surprise yourself!!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I'm thinking ahead to life after the 30DS - have you guys done many other JM videos? I'm thinking of doing a BFBM/NMTZ rotation after this. Anyone done that combo?

I have been thinking about this also, and initially I was going to go right into ripped in 30. However I just recently became a coach for beachbody so I think I'm going to challenge myself to one of their programs. If any of you would like to join or would like more information message me and I will set up a plan for you!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 2 -- SO MUCH HARDER than level one, but also a lot more fun! I feel great about it. I've been eating like a monster lately, unfortunately, so I am probably sabotaging myself a little in terms of weight loss from the shred, but my body feels stronger and I feel good, which is what's important... right? LOL.
  • meandahalf
    Options

I think I know what you're talking about. It was to take your current weight times 3.267. That's how many calories you burn in one hour using this video. For a 20 minute workout, you'd divide that 1 hour calories burned number by 3 to get 20 minutes worth of calories burned. Hope that helps! :-)

Yes that's it! Thank you so much : )