Fat Women in Bikinis!!!

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Ok so here goes nothing. Please be kind as I am trying to do something positive for myself today as today marks the 4 year anniversary of my son's death and well I am not having a good day. I think all of you look fab.

starting weight was 202 and size 18. I am 5 ft 7. Today I am 178 and wear a size 10/12. Only about halfway there.

Orillia-20120619-000061.jpg
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wish it was just fat woman posting because there is already a thread with skinny people in it! Stop taking over.. :-(

I do NOT think this is fair, or any more supportive than talking down on "fat" people. You don't decide who feels skinny, or what "fat" and "skinny" are to someone. I feel fat in my bikini, and WANT to feel empowered, that is why I posted in this thread -- would you label my body fat, maybe not, but that doesn't change the legitimacy of my feelings.

Similarly, other women are posting because they are proud of working on their bodies, and wanted to post in an accepting thread and support others and their "imperfect" bodies. No one is judging you (that's the point) or taking this thread away from anyone, so enjoy and support those who are contributing :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Such an inspirational thread, sadly though my bikini days are over. Unless some bright spark invents a sports bra esque bikini top .

try Speedo.. they have all kinds of tops like that in a 2 piece
    pretty sure nike does too
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    DSC02793_1.jpg

I DID wear a bikini to the beach last weekend. I've found that if I don't show my belly, which I'm more and more proud of every day, that attention is drawn to the other not-so-glamorous parts slightly lower, and I would rather not. So as it is now, I am far more comfortable in a bikini than a one piece or tankini, and I've NEVER EVER been able to say that in my life. :) So yeah, I'm darn proud of where I am...

I think your legs look fabulous, they are the first thing I noticed, though your stomach is certainly not a flaw ;). You look great, in general. WTG.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am doing this! I am 45lbs away from goal....crepey cellulitey legs and stretchmark tummy from 2 babies! I would never wear this in public....no real bikini...bra and bikini bottoms I got last summer for $1 off clearance rack! You ladies all have inspired me to be BRAVE!

DSC01377.jpg

not sure why it is cutt off....
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    Ok so here goes nothing. Please be kind as I am trying to do something positive for myself today as today marks the 4 year anniversary of my son's death and well I am not having a good day. I think all of you look fab.

starting weight was 202 and size 18. I am 5 ft 7. Today I am 178 and wear a size 10/12. Only about halfway there.

Orillia-20120619-000061.jpg

You are READY for that bikini, you look great and I LOVE the suit. We have a similar body size and goal when you consider our different heights and thus different proportions (I am 5'4" 166, also wear a 10/12, aiming for 140).
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    I can't believe I am doing this! I am 45lbs away from goal....crepey cellulitey legs and stretchmark tummy from 2 babies! I would never wear this in public....no real bikini...bra and bikini bottoms I got last summer for $1 off clearance rack! You ladies all have inspired me to be BRAVE!

DSC01377.jpg

I know tons of ladies with 2 babies would love to be rocking that body! I bet no one notices your cellulite and stretchmarks as much as you do, I think you look great and will have a knockout shape as you achieve your goals :D.
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    I hate hate hate my tummy in a bikini. But I love love love this thread, so, here goes nothin!

eeeeep.jpg

You look fabulous -- look at that flat tummy and curved shape. You should wear with pride, lady.
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    2012-05-23_1513.jpg
    2012-05-24_1248.jpg

Maybe not "fat".. but I sure as hell feel like it some days!

This was after having a child and fluctuating from 171 (at my highest pregnancy weight).. to 143... to 162.. to 130.
    These pictures were from around 133. I'm 5'5

You look great, you should be proud of what you've achieved. Those are great suits, too. I'd love to get back into the 130s!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

DSC01377.jpg

I know tons of ladies with 2 babies would love to be rocking that body! I bet no one notices your cellulite and stretchmarks as much as you do, I think you look great and will have a knockout shape as you achieve your goals :D.

Thanks girl. You give me a smidgen of confidence!!! Something I need very much!
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    Original poster: You are INCREDIBLE for posting this. <3
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have one in my profile pic. Just took it yesterday. I'll see if I can figure out how to post one within the message...
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My first ever bikini photo, and sure as heck the first one I have ever posted online. I never thought I would jump in on one of these threads, but there's been some ugliness on the boards this morning, and this thread is needed.

Untitled-2.jpg

I weigh 180 pounds, at 5'8" tall. I wear a large shirt, with size 12 pants.
    Please, be nice. This is a second hand bikini that I know doesn't look great, but hey, I'm trying to not care here. One day I may have the courage to wear a bikini out of the house, but I'm super shy about stretch marks and weird tummyness.

You're looking great! And I know this sounds like one of those "Aah, I can't think of anything else so I'll compliment their hair" type compliments, but you have a gorgeous smile :) You look happy, and confident. Go rock that bikini with that smile, and show everyone how awesome you are. :)
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Here we go, took one RIGHT NOW to add to the thread. I think ANYONE can rock a bikini, regardless of size -- those that judge you are ugly inside, who cares how they look on the exterior? Confidence and being comfortable in your own skin are 100% sexy, and all of you look incredible, and should be proud of your journeys!

I am getting there, and will gladly wear this to the beach this summer -- even if I am still insecure about my "generous curves".

Photoon2012-06-18at1809.jpg

I am so printing this and hanging it on my fridge. Your body is EXACTLY the way I want to look. :) HAWT!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tried to fix a photo but it didn't want to work...

All of you look FABULOUS!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    The best I got

mkkk.jpg

VA VA VOOM, you must feel amazing :)

Thanks yes I feel pretty amazing :)
  • feltlikesound
    Options
    Here we go, took one RIGHT NOW to add to the thread. I think ANYONE can rock a bikini, regardless of size -- those that judge you are ugly inside, who cares how they look on the exterior? Confidence and being comfortable in your own skin are 100% sexy, and all of you look incredible, and should be proud of your journeys!

I am getting there, and will gladly wear this to the beach this summer -- even if I am still insecure about my "generous curves".

Photoon2012-06-18at1809.jpg

I am so printing this and hanging it on my fridge. Your body is EXACTLY the way I want to look. :) HAWT!

Awwww -- I am very flattered, and I think it's good for my mental health to hear that my body can be "enough", not something that needs 40 less pounds :). I have been upping my goal from what seems to be the most common for my height, to something that I think suits me and my body. Great feeling.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Okay I think I figured it out...this was my goal suit by my birthday (yeseterday). Wanna find a new goal suit for the end of summer...

after2.jpg