Are "Trolls" Really Bad? ..... (An Open Discussion)

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes... but... by that standard, everyone should simply sit around saying nice things, about nice people, all the nice-nice time.

I find that scenario... absolutely terrifying.

I don't know if that terrifies me, but it would be annoying to an extreme. And very rarely helpful.

But I do think the manner and tone of the post makes all the difference. Trolliing the forums stating opinions and beleifs is fine, but there is no need to insult someone in your reply. Even if you think they or their post is stupid, it's not necessary to say so in order to refute a statement or post an opposing view.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I think it's safe to say, we all have a little "troll" in us. Mine's name is Herman.

Mine's name is Herman too! I know that's weird cause I'm a chick but my troll is a dude. Does that make me weird? Hmmm.

Gotta say though that my Herman is the worst troll in the world. He's way too gullible. I think he got his *kitten* handed to him yesterday in a post that seemed too stupid to be true. But, alas, he fell for it and made a comment anyways. Rookie mistake.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I think it's safe to say, we all have a little "troll" in us. Mine's name is Herman.

Mine's name is Herman too! I know that's weird cause I'm a chick but my troll is a dude. Does that make me weird? Hmmm.

Gotta say though that my Herman is the worst troll in the world. He's way too gullible. I think he got his *kitten* handed to him yesterday in a post that seemed too stupid to be true. But, alas, he fell for it and made a comment anyways. Rookie mistake.

Don't blame Herman. He was dropped on his head as a child. Many, many times.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options

Either that or it's cause he drinks 1-2 bottles of Merlot a night! Ba ha ha ha ha.
  • gchutson
    Options

Either that or it's cause he drinks 1-2 bottles of Merlot a night! Ba ha ha ha ha.

Or that.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but i imagine coming to someone's post (on trolling of all things) specifically to start an argument with them would in fact be considered an attention-whoring troll kinda thing to do.

But, like i said, I could be wrong.

She's been extremely busy the last few days repeatedly making sure that I know that she's ignoring everything I say, and giving me the silent-treatment. On all of my forum threads. Constantly.

My next thread topic is going to be "Irony: It can be so ironic sometimes."

I think someone has a crush...a big one! It's like the girls in 2nd grade that would pay this one boy a quarter to chase them around the playground...and then acted like they didn't like it. They just kept going back for more! :wink:

Oh and...troll...because I want to semi-stay on topic! :happy:
    70398777721325930773.jpg
  • gchutson
    Options
    70398777721325930773.jpg

Holy *kitten*. That's like a train wreck. I know it's awful, but I can't stop looking at it!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

Mmmm. Cheesehead girls rule.

Packer fans suck.

just sayin'.

Screw all that. I just dig chicks from Wisconsin. Well, one specific chick anyway.

Oh, well, in that case.................

carry on!!

Does she wear one of these?

cheese+bra+copy.jpg
  • gchutson
    Options

carry on!!

cheese+bra+copy.jpg

Is it wrong that this picture made me dizzy?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

carry on!!

cheese+bra+copy.jpg

Is it wrong that this picture made me dizzy?

Nope.......that's absolutely the response it's intended to give.

How's Herman reacting???
  • gchutson
    Options
    How's Herman reacting???

Cheese coma.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    sometimes trolling is :laugh:
    others its :noway:
    but now and then you get that :mad: buttnugget that makes everyone :sick:

oh and
    70398777721325930773.jpg
    [/quote]is just awsome
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I must say that a childish sense of humor is not mean that one has low intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know are trolls.
  • gchutson
    Options
    I must say that a childish sense of humor is not mean that one has low intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know are trolls.

Farts make me laugh. Every time.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

You have to be smart to be a successful troll though!
  • gchutson
    Options

You have to be smart to be a successful troll though!

From your cat-lips to God's ears.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The posters that annoy me are the people who refuse to engage in debate where evidence and facts have more weight than what they themselves already believe. People who know for sure that the world is flat and brook no evidence to the contrary should just be comforted by their own superior knowledge and leave the rest of us alone.

As for trolls; I like the ones that fit on the eraser end of the pencil. You can rub the pencil between your hands, spinning the little fella like mad and give him a funky hairdo.
  • gchutson
    Options
    The posters that annoy me are the people who refuse to engage in debate where evidence and facts have more weight than what they themselves already believe. People who know for sure that the world is flat and brook no evidence to the contrary should just be comforted by their own superior knowledge and leave the rest of us alone.

As for trolls; I like the ones that fit on the eraser end of the pencil. You can rub the pencil between your hands, spinning the little fella like mad and give him a funky hairdo.

I can't stand people that think they know everything. It's really offensive to those of us who really do. ;)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Speaking of... what ever happened to Gene Wilder. I F'n love that guy.

He's dead you heartless *kitten*!

He's not dead.. only old..
  • gchutson
    Options
    Speaking of... what ever happened to Gene Wilder. I F'n love that guy.

He's dead you heartless *kitten*!

He's not dead.. only old..

Aren't we all.