Slow runners

Options
1234568»

Replies

• AisforAmazing19
    Options
    my fave finish line pic:
    309050_10150409138398109_623393108_10076207_650329323_n.jpg

I had just shaved 10 whole mins off my time from the previous year in the same race.

This finisher photo is BADASS.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh..I'm so glad someone has posted this! :heart:
    I've started the c25k program... week 3 currently!:bigsmile:
    I actually feel like I'm waddling along! :blushing:
    :ohwell: I suppose the good thing is I'm actually now feeling like I'm working out and am totally k'nacked after a 30 min session of waling/ "running"....
    :laugh: LOL! Hope it gets better and my technique improves!!
    :blushing: Or .. I'm going to resort to running in the dark!!! :laugh:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I started this post almost a year and a half ago! I am still running. I'm still slow, though slightly faster. If I really push myself, I can do a 5K in around 33 minutes. And I take much better race pictures now too LOL
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This is me...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkjtjQA9prPOOoG42fVkSBqOT3WGOUH53Q74ZFEwBtqVLKx4bGvoTLTkiJRA

Yep, this is me! I run slooooowww but at least I'm running, right? Same goes for you!

I totally look like the top photo. All the time. Right now as I type this. You can't prove I don't.

Love,
    Another flat choppy strider whose 5'11" son casually strolls by her side as she "jogs" :(
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    While I don't have any photos of me running (thankfully), my daughter has described to me what I look like and let's just say it doesn't sound pretty! She gets a very good view, as she's a lifeguard at our Y and the track is above the pool, so she can see me as I run past part of the pool. She did compliment me and tell me I was less "jiggly" now versus when I started. Thanks, I guess:ohwell: At least I haven't noticed the swimmers staring up at me as I go by, so it can't be that bad. And yes, I'm slow. Currently running a 10 min mile pace but can only do that for about 1.5 miles.
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Really, my daughters call me "T Rex" because when I run I hold my hands high and tight just below my chest!!!!

We'll see who's laughing when they turn 50!

Joe
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    No pictures exist, I fear they would look like this.

2ex2eyh.jpg
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this post resurrected! I too am a slow runner....a 12 min mile is great for me. But I don't even care anymore! I do my thing and I enjoy having time to take in the outdoors while I'm running.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow runner too, between 11-13mm. I just try to enjoy my runs and not worry too much about how long it takes. The main thing is we are all out there working our butts off!! Be proud!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    my last runtastic recorded run from a few days ago recorded my average pace at 14:42 per mile. I would consider you guys running 10-12 min miles fast.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    I'm definitely in the slow group. I really don't run, I jog. When I started on the treadmill all I could do was walk. Now I walk at 3.7 for 5 minutes and jog 4.5 for 5 minutes- 30 minutes total. I am making progress. Nice to know I am not alone!
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I lovingly refer to my "runs" as a wog!!! I picture myself running so graceful and gazelle-like and then catch a glimpse of my shadow.... lol!!! Quite an eye opener really, but at least we are out there doing something!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    oh, me too. i have one race (out of 50ish) that i loved my form... but i was wearing the goofiest outfit (tall pink compression socks, light green capri leggings, dark purple sleeveless shirt, a turquoise jacket around my waist and a blue cooling towel wrapped around my neck). great stride, but i look like a rainbow threw up all over me. lol. the photos where i have the cute matchy, matchy outfits? of course, i look like i'm barely moving. :) oh well. i still take pride in them all.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I will add myself to the group of slow runners! I am at 13 min per mile or 4.6 mph. My next goal is to get down to 10 min per mile or 6.0mph. For me, it feels good just to say I can run for 25 minutes straight - on the treadmill that is!