Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Men and women might me different but that is not a reason why I don't accept them. There is nothing wrong with supporting each other.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    So, the answer to your question is yes although I gather you don't want those of us to answer unless we agree with you?

Anyway, why not? They have good advice, too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I love getting everyone's perspective on this! Now to respond to some of the remarks I have seen:

As far as having different "genitalia" that has nothing to do with my statement that we are different. I mean different in the sense that men and women lose weight differently. Eveyone knows this it is fact that women have an extra layer of fat for child bearing that men do not have, that among other things makes it a little harder for them to understand a woman's body composition. So I didn't mean different in a sexist way.

All the girls who posted about creepers and jealous bfs and hubbies...honestly hadn't thought about it, but you bring up very valid points. I do happen to have a jealous bf....his problem not mine, but I do try to respect some of his wishes. Not to mention I am here to lose weight not catch a man...lol.

Guys probably can offer better advice with regard to lifting!

I respect all of your opinions...even the few smart *kitten* that replied...lol. Perhaps I will give friending guys some more thought and consideration. :-)

The basic process of losing weight is for EVERYBODY regardless if they are male or female. Some other factors come into play and get involved like hormones/PCOS, etc but the logistics of eating a calorie deficit under TDEE to lose weight remains the same.

There are guys that offer better advice to both nutrition AND lifting. There are also some women that offer better lifting advice than a lot of men can.

With that being said, the logic behind I don't friend males because "if a man is friending me, he's gonna hit on me" is completely flawed.

WORD.
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Of course! Why not?
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why not?

I'm here to lose weight, they're here to lose weight.
    I like friends.
    Why discriminate because they have a wiener.

Right on. :)
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ^^ this! lol

Heck yes I accept friend requests from guys. I love my female friends, but honestly I want more male friends on my friend list! They are smart, hilarious, and can offer feedback that women don't always provide. And as many other people said, they are here for the same reason we are. Thankfully my husband trusts me, most of my real life, or, non-virtual friends are male as well.

18580408.png
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yup, I add just about anyone who sends me a request, unless there is something seriously wrong about their vibe, and that includes creepy women as well as creepy men.

I also appreciate that there is less sense of competition and aggression between my guy friends and me, vs some of the girls I know. Less judging, less sniping, less sabotage. Or, maybe it's just the women I'm exposed to more often. I have more guy friends than girl friends in real life, so makes sense to me to be open here.

I also think it is very odd that people here think that flirting is inevitable, jealous insecure partners should be mollycoddled and appeased, and that men cannot understand the physiology of women.

I guess it takes all kinds to make the (mfp) world go round.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.

Either you are a troll or just ignorant.

QFT
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I accept both male and female requests. But that's where I draw the line.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.

Either you are a troll or just ignorant.

There are other possibilities out there... but I'll just let you ponder what it could be. Keep the mystery alive!! :smokin:
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    any guys who want a friend can add me just leave a message:)
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i have very strict guidelines for accepting female friends.. they must be sexy and charming and have a bit of fire in their eyes!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I heard someone in here was being a doucher?

I'm an awesome friend, but those who don't add men, well, it's your loss. Too bad you're close minded or have jealous bf's/husbands.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    some of my men friends have been invaluable in helping me figure stuff out. Our bodies are different, but not all that different.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I love getting everyone's perspective on this! Now to respond to some of the remarks I have seen:

As far as having different "genitalia" that has nothing to do with my statement that we are different. I mean different in the sense that men and women lose weight differently. Eveyone knows this it is fact that women have an extra layer of fat for child bearing that men do not have, that among other things makes it a little harder for them to understand a woman's body composition. So I didn't mean different in a sexist way.

All the girls who posted about creepers and jealous bfs and hubbies...honestly hadn't thought about it, but you bring up very valid points. I do happen to have a jealous bf....his problem not mine, but I do try to respect some of his wishes. Not to mention I am here to lose weight not catch a man...lol.

Guys probably can offer better advice with regard to lifting!

I respect all of your opinions...even the few smart *kitten* that replied...lol. Perhaps I will give friending guys some more thought and consideration. :-)

The basic process of losing weight is for EVERYBODY regardless if they are male or female. Some other factors come into play and get involved like hormones/PCOS, etc but the logistics of eating a calorie deficit under TDEE to lose weight remains the same.

There are guys that offer better advice to both nutrition AND lifting. There are also some women that offer better lifting advice than a lot of men can.

^ Good post Joe.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    some of my men friends have been invaluable in helping me figure stuff out. Our bodies are different, but not all that different.

No, they're pretty much the same. Especially when it comes to food.

You got boobs, we got balls.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ahhh potential creepy weirdo on the go just now!!!
  • menard2530
    menard2530 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm of the same mind. And I will delete those that don't log on for a repeated amount of time because clearly they're not that interested in doing this.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am a friend *kitten*, which explains why it burns when I pee.

My goal is to make every person who sends a request regret that decision.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Every female in this thread just got targeted for XXXtreme Creepin'