Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• firefightingflip
    firefightingflip Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like turtles
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am a friend *kitten*, which explains why it burns when I pee.

My goal is to make every person who sends a request regret that decision.
    Just a reminder - YOU requested ME.
    Regret it yet?
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I accept both men and women. A lot of time I feel men have a better sense of workout regimes whereas women have a better diet sense. Therefore, it just makes sense to me to accept both. Just like men have a tendency to be a bit more to the point and abrupt whereas women are a bit more emotionally supportive. Again, they play well off of each other. That doesn't mean if you don't want to accept friend requests from the oppposite sex that there is something wrong with that. This site is about losing weight and being healthy and in the end each of us have to take this road and choose who is going to take it with us.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I accept them all unless I have a good reason not to.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I like turtles

hehe, me too. derpa derpa.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am a friend *kitten*, which explains why it burns when I pee.

Regret it yet?
    circus freaks are an exception.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone who doesn't spam me and leaves a message with the request. Since I don't have any photos posted, I don't get any creepers hitting on me. Some of my guy friends on here are super awesome though. I can think of one off the top of my head who is very encouraging. He requested me because we both share an interest in yoga.

Men and women have some similarities and some differences, but the friendship and support is mostly the same.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have a number of male friends and we do support each other. Yes our needs are different but it's still calories in, calories out and healthy eating so who really cares.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Of course I do. I find that men have a lot of good advice to give and I can use all the support I can get.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Regret it yet?
    circus freaks are an exception.
    I just am happy to help you along in your journey
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

You did NOT tell me about the burning sensation before we got all intimately added to each other's Friend Lists! You jerk!

:tongue:
  • firefightingflip
    firefightingflip Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone offering sammiches!!!
  • JackieT54
    JackieT54 Posts: 19
    Options
    the way i see it is, support is support we are all having the same struggle. But bottom line, its an individual thing. GLE
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I don't regret it.

Yet.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Every female in this thread just got targeted for XXXtreme Creepin'
    I have you on radar...I will wait to pounce. Be prepared with Z-packs and a sniper rifle.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wonderful women of MFP............Feel free to add this awesomely tanned big dark man!...................get sum! :devil:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I haven't but that is because i haven't had any requests. lol I have read lots of comments on the forums from them and some r funny and some r not but i haven't tried to friend any of them nor they me.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

I can completely respect not accepting friend requests from males (I don't send friend requests TO females)...but not for the reason you gave. The only real difference between our bodies from a fitness perspective is hormonal. And they still work the same despite that.

The women I've helped with their weight loss and fitness goals would certainly argue this point with you till the cows came home :).
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I accept them. Both my female & male friends are equally as encouraging.
    However, I've deleted some guys who are just collecting girls.