Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I accept from anyone! I'm easy I guess =P
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It is ok. I understand. I wouldn't be able to resist my charms either.

but seriously, I have to add women. I am not posting after pics so a bunch of 40 something guys can tell me how much better I look.
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Yes. I'm a happily married woman. Anyone, male or female who is looking for support in the pursuit of being healthy...nothing wrong with that.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

The women I've helped with their weight loss and fitness goals would certainly argue this point with you till the cows came home :).

Just wondering... Has a woman ever helped YOU with your own weight loss or fitness goals?
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am married and I accept friend requests from both because we are all here to get healthy. My husband trust me anyways cause I tell him about MFP all the time :)
  • inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't accept if they list vagina/boobs/or hot girls as an inspiration or send a request with a message that sounds a little too much like an online dating intro.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've never had one lol!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.

er no it's not
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is gender neutral.
    This!
    Support is also gender neutral. :-)
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    I only accept friend requests accompanied by noodz ;)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I really need a Sarcasm font.

Where's the comic sans, yo???
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am a friend *kitten*, which explains why it burns when I pee.

My goal is to make every person who sends a request regret that decision.

You did NOT tell me about the burning sensation before we got all intimately added to each other's Friend Lists! You jerk!

:tongue:
    Who have you added since that special night? You'll need to warn them.
  • andreamariexo
    Options
    Yes, because every male I'm friends with on here has been completely respectful & has done nothing but support me. So why not
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I would never add a creeper though... had one weirdo message me the other day for some "fun".. yuck. Told him he was old enough to be my father. He responded "Hope you're not always this uptight" So I said "Not uptight, just not interested :) take a hint".
    BUT for every weirdo on MFP there are at least a dozen great guys that you can learn so much from! :)

Fantastic character development here. I think you should expand this out to a novella, or at least a short story. Riveting. This has movie deal written all over it. Think "Silence of the Lambs" meets "Flashdance".
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This post has taught me something. I always assumed that the reason women only added women was due to a history of idiots who main goal was sexual in nature. So I learned that there are other reasons that women don't add men.

My friends list is comprised mostly of women. I have always gotten along with women better. Also, women tend to be more supportive (not in all cases and I'm not saying men can't be supportive). And to be honest, if i'm gonna have a bunch of faces on my timeline, I just prefer ladies. I don't flirt or harass any of them in any way, so I hope I don't qualify as a creeper because of my preferences.

The single biggest thing for me when deciding whether to send a friend request is whats on thier page. If they have not put anything there, I get no idea what they are like, what thier goals are, and if they have had similar experiences. Doesn't have to be a book, but I like to see something.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

I can completely respect not accepting friend requests from males (I don't send friend requests TO females)...but not for the reason you gave. The only real difference between our bodies from a fitness perspective is hormonal. And they still work the same despite that.

The women I've helped with their weight loss and fitness goals would certainly argue this point with you till the cows came home :).

This one I had to stalk like a bloodhound after a wounded deer. :tongue:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I really need a Sarcasm font.

Where's the comic sans, yo???

My favorite font of all time.
    'Cause it's so helpful?
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Yes, I accept friend requests from men. Some of my most active and supportive buddies here are men.

Yep, this.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Just wondering... Has a woman ever helped YOU with your own weight loss or fitness goals?

No actually....though I'd never thought of it like that until just now. I tend to do my own research, setup my own goals, and work with my own methods. I've certainly taken a page (or a sentence or two anyhow =p) from various of my male friends (no slight towards fit women on this board, I'm just speaking to the gender based theme of the question), mostly with diet...but I've yet to have the opportunity to improve my own setup due to information given to me by my female friends.

Was there a reason you asked? I'm genuinely curious :).
  • brokenwoman
    brokenwoman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, the more support the better I say