Carbs + Fat = FAT!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    dude...no offense but you really dont know what you are talking about. you seem to be stuck on this theme and your information is all wrong. do some research...you are starting to look a bit foolish...no offense, really

Your body converts energy not used immediately into triglycerides, which are transported to and stored in fat cells. Although dietary fats take the form of triglycerides in food and in your body, calories from carbohydrates and proteins are also converted to triglycerides for storage.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/416664-how-does-your-body-store-excess-calories/#ixzz1yIafUEp5

"Pam Murphy has been writing fitness, childcare and business-related articles since 2009. She is an active member of the National Association for Family Child Care and contributes to various websites. Murphy is a licensed childcare professional and holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of West Georgia."

Great source you have there, no health or nutrition related quals and 3 years writing experience across a mish-mash of topics :embarassed:

These discussions always amaze me, I know very little about physiology but common sense would tell me you don't eat a bagel one minute and have the refined nutrients it contains enter your blood stream the next, with anything not used up the next minute converted to fat stores. The body is efficient but its not that efficient.
  • SanniHope
    SanniHope Posts: 23
    Options
    Well biologically speaking your body tends to prefer to use carbs than fats; that means if there are sugars in your blood (that's what carbs become) the body prefers to use them instead of using fats.

Carbs are preferred because certain organs like brain and muscles use primarily sugars as energy source (their metabolism is quicker than fat's metabolism).

If there's too much sugar in the blood the excess will be converted to fat, on the contrary if there's too little the body will start fat's metabolism to reach the adequate energy amount.

In conditions of low fats and carbs diet your body will start protein metabolism, which is kinda dangerous because it produces ammonia, which can harm your kidney of you don't drink enough water. In addition our body isn't able to create all the aminoacids required for our cells to work, so this means if you get to the protein metabolism you should eat a lot of proteins to replenish the ones you use as energy source (meat mostly contains proteins that we already are able to synthesize as mammals, to introduce essential aminoacids you should make sure to eat veggies and legumes).

I guess this is enough information :)

I'm currently studying biotechnology so this is daily bread for me, I hope I didn't manage to bore you ;)

Kisses
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've noticed several of your posts are quite oversimplified and ridiculous...please stop trolling and spreading ignorance, it can be quite infectious
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    Wow! I'm new here, so maybe there's something I'm missing, but these responses sound rather mean!

I'll stop being mean when people stop wrongly interfering with the health of others. Learn your s**t before you preach it.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    thanks for the post!!!
    luvit, happy studying:flowerforyou:
    Well biologically speaking your body tends to prefer to use carbs than fats; that means if there are sugars in your blood (that's what carbs become) the body prefers to use them instead of using fats.

Carbs are preferred because certain organs like brain and muscles use primarily sugars as energy source (their metabolism is quicker than fat's metabolism).

If there's too much sugar in the blood the excess will be converted to fat, on the contrary if there's too little the body will start fat's metabolism to reach the adequate energy amount.

In conditions of low fats and carbs diet your body will start protein metabolism, which is kinda dangerous because it produces ammonia, which can harm your kidney of you don't drink enough water. In addition our body isn't able to create all the aminoacids required for our cells to work, so this means if you get to the protein metabolism you should eat a lot of proteins to replenish the ones you use as energy source (meat mostly contains proteins that we already are able to synthesize as mammals, to introduce essential aminoacids you should make sure to eat veggies and legumes).

I guess this is enough information :)

I'm currently studying biotechnology so this is daily bread for me, I hope I didn't manage to bore you ;)

Kisses
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have a problem, someone please help me. I am 5'7 and 120 pounds and wish to maintain weight but I ate nachos with cheese sauce, salsa, jalapenos and a large movie theatre sized coke after 10 last night. In fact I ate 2,390 cals yesterday and 329 of those were in carbs, but I woke up lighter? If I get fat eating carbs after a specific time, am I suppose to be going on a different time zone or something? When is this fat monster who loves carbs going to strike? Has somebody killed him?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have a problem, someone please help me. I am 5'7 and 120 pounds and wish to maintain weight but I ate nachos with cheese sauce, salsa, jalapenos and a large movie theatre sized coke after 10 last night. In fact I ate 2,390 cals yesterday and 329 of those were in carbs, but I woke up lighter? If I get fat eating carbs after a specific time, am I suppose to be going on a different time zone or something? When is this fat monster who loves carbs going to strike? Has somebody killed him?

your disdain for low carb has been duly noted several times. it's time to get over yourself. have a nice day.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

your disdain for low carb has been duly noted several times. it's time to get over yourself. have a nice day.
    I do not have a problem with low carb (I do however have a problem with those trying to convince others to cut a macronutrient out without realizing the harmful affects on the body). A friend of mine is doing paleo and doing fantastic tho he doesnt try to cut carbs out, it is one of those diets that is considered low. I have a problem with people trying to seriously convince others of made up things. Just because the clock ticked 6 and you are eating a potato chip doesnt make you fat.

Your disdain for people has been duly noted several times. It's time to get over yourself. Have a nice day.
  • cinnister
    cinnister Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is working for me. I would not share it otherwise. I'm losing weight for the first time in a year AND with a thyroid problem. I'm not saying this applies to everyone but it is working for me. I will continue to post what's working for me in hopes that it will help someone else who is trying to lose weight. You can agree or disagree if you want. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Lower carbs may be working for someone with a thyroid issue but the bs 'rules' are well...,.bs and not even relevant for someone without a pre-existing medical condition.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    C'mon people...here is something that will entertain you and blow your theory out completely:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/twinkie-diet-professor-loses-27-pounds-12106589
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    C'mon people...here is something that will entertain you and blow your theory out completely:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/twinkie-diet-professor-loses-27-pounds-12106589

Nope, that fits in exactly with my theories. Calories are what matter. You can lose weight on any diet and see all your blood work improve.

Also, now I want a Twinkie.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Exactly! =) It's a numbers game.