ugh!! people judge quickly

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the same chick who posted about getting married too young and wanting a divorce? Maybe your friends are trying to help but you are too thick to realize it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Teenage drama
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you didn't have sex with your husband before you were married? And he married you anyway? Definitely a keeper!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: me and my husband lived together for 7ish years before we where married. oh and we "did it" all the time....now we are married w/ children and dont realy "do it" any more, tell ur friend to "stick it" if you want, altho i doubt it was directed at you:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I got married before I lived with my husband cause I believe in marriage before sex but I won't ever judge someone else who doesn't.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've lived with my boyfriend for 2 years. It's nobody's business but our own. His parents didn't like it, and mine certainly didn't like it but we did it anyway. We share rent, we split the groceries, and I take care of him because he has MD. It's a pretty sweet deal for both of us :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I got married before I lived with my husband cause I believe in marriage before sex but I won't ever judge someone else who doesn't.

Finally, somebody who realizes that they shouldn't push their beliefs on others

slowclap.gif

(hope this works)
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    statistics show that people who live together before marriage are more likely to get divorced than those who did not live together before marriage.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Wonder what they think about the gay people who can't get married? Shall they just live their lives without any love or intimacy?
    Personally I think it's fine to wait or not wait, both are equally valid personal choices that shouldn't be pushed on others.
    My partner and I have been together nearly 4 years, and have lived together for 3. We haven't been able to get married for financial and health insurance reasons, but we consider ourselves as committed as a married couple.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I moved in with my current husband before we got married, but I just couldn't bear to be away from him any longer. Here we are almost 3 years later :)
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    statistics show that people who live together before marriage are more likely to get divorced than those who did not live together before marriage.

Proof? Link to the statistics? Bulls**t?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    these are the type of people i ignore on facebook, or just block their posts. seems like they are everywhere.

i don't see how you could get married without living together first.

imagine if you really cannot get along with the person.. and you realize they're not the person you fell in love with. horrifying!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Well who cares if you are having sex that is none of their business. Most mature relationships are sexual.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, haters gonna hate. I lived with my husband for a couple years before we got married, and we just celebrated our 20th anniversary. People should do what feels best for themselves.
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Uhm... It's 2012. Forgetaboutem!

I moved in with my husband within the first 7 days of meeting him - no lie. We were engaged 2 months later and 2.5 years later we married.. We've been through hell and back, but I wouldnt have married him if I didn't think we could make it through anything.

Follow your heart. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you did, you wouldn't be where you are now. No point in letting someone rustle your feathers when the point is moot considering you're already married.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I usually find the BLOCK button and use it.
    I would not want any of my unrighteousness to stain their white angel robes or taint their halo.
  • Dawnd92
    Dawnd92 Posts: 88
    Options
    I think that it should be required as part of pre marital counseling that you need to live together for 3 months before getting married. I would be willing to be there would be less divorces. That towel that's left on the bathroom floor may be endearing the first few times but after picking it up for the zillionth time and telling your SO again not to do it grates on your nerves.

I love this comic:
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/living_significant_other

Absolutely!!! It is a new age of thinking now-a-days!!! We are not as old fashioned as our ancestors.

I have seen many divorces because people get married and don't really know each other. How do you get to know someone... live with them!!! :)

I think someone also posted that they would delete that person... so would I!!!! :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    So someone on my FB just made a status saying "If you are not married yet, you shouldn't be living together" and this was meant towards me because before my husband and I got married, we lived together for a few months....

I see nothing wrong with this! It does not mean we hare having sex just because we live together so stop judging and live your life and leave mine alone

It depends on the culture where you came from. I think there in US it is allowed that a bf-gf to live together but in some countries, it is still a taboo. Also it could be that this person is a conservative which in this case, I feel for you because my father's side of family are extremely religious & conservative to the point that they make me uncomfortable. They would even question petty things like whenever I upload a pic of mine in midriff blouses showing abs & think I'm being immoral. That gets on my nerves. I also would rather test the waters before I give in but well they don't approve of live-ins.

Frankly I can't even relate to most of you that mentions or say hints that you live in with your boyfriends/girlfriends but I'm not really against it.

Sorry my english is really bad.
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks, but I prefer to test drive the car before I make a purchase.

It's really none of her business. Defriend her if it really bothers you.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

So what? This really doesn't mean a thing. I don't see what is so bad about divorce anyway. Some people aren't meant to stay together forever and it sounds to me like the smart ones opt for divorce instead of putting themselves (and their families) through hell. My mature advice (currently in a 15 year relationship that started by living together for the first 3 years) is definitely "try it before you buy it "if you are thinking about marriage or a LTR. Someone could have an absolutely annoying habit that you just cannot live with or perhaps you just don't fit in other ways. Some of these things can only be determined by living together. What is this 1812?