~ Clean Eaters Thread ~

Options

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting the scale!! you will so love it...for a casserole I would measure the ingredients separately as you prepare it, click remember meal, and then (for example) 0.25 meal if it makes 4 servings.......Have fun!!!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't remember where I got the idea (I thought it was in this post somewhere-but anyway...I just made this frozen banana ice cream "dessert"-omg..just a frozen banana into the food processor and BAM banana ice cream--marvelous! Thanks to whoever posted this!!

Just a frozen banana? That's it? I dont have a food processor, a blender or one of those shake mixers will do?

Had a nice run. Burned close to 500 cals so I fixed myself "breakfast". Kashi go lean, skim milk, some walnuts and a banana. Yeah a lot but I know/feel I have not eaten all my calories today. I want to listen to my body and my body was asking for that. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I think a blender would be fine. Yep, just frozen bananas. I think it said to mix it for a few minutes.

Yeah, when you burn a lot of cals you need to refuel after. :bigsmile:

A little tip about the banana ice cream--dip the banana in pineapple juice before putting in the freezer to avoid "brown banana" syndrome! lol!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    P90X legs and back and ab ripper done!!!! :drinker: And a yummy bfast: steel cut oats, chopped almonds, strawberries and chocolate protein powder. Decaf with skim milk and agave nectar. I am in heaven!!! :laugh:

Oh, about the bananas, do you peel them first and put in freezer or can you put the whole banana in the freezer? Of course peel it when I make the ice cream...:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: (I am feeling silly :noway: )

Have a great day!!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Yummy breakfast

Stacked:
    Poached Egg
    1 slice Nature's Pride whole grain toast
    1 slice pepper jack cheese
    slice of tomato

Off to a great start, last day of work before the 4 day weekend!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting the scale!! you will so love it...for a casserole I would measure the ingredients separately as you prepare it, click remember meal, and then (for example) 0.25 meal if it makes 4 servings.......Have fun!!!

Yep, when you first start measuring for casseroles, you'll have to measure it all to start with and then divide into servings. That's why I don't do as many casserole type meals. I like to make a salad and layer it one ingredient at a time so I can measure each thing. (yep, OCD! :laugh: )
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    P90X legs and back and ab ripper done!!!! :drinker: And a yummy bfast: steel cut oats, chopped almonds, strawberries and chocolate protein powder. Decaf with skim milk and agave nectar. I am in heaven!!! :laugh:

Oh, about the bananas, do you peel them first and put in freezer or can you put the whole banana in the freezer? Of course peel it when I make the ice cream...:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: (I am feeling silly :noway: )

Have a great day!!!

Go girl!!

You can do it either way. Peel them first or put them in w/ the peel. But if you do put them w/ the peel, you'll have to defrost them a little before you can get the peel off (I did that the last time I made banana bread from bananas in the freezer). So... it's easier to peel first!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yummy breakfast

Stacked:
    Poached Egg
    1 slice Nature's Pride whole grain toast
    1 slice pepper jack cheese
    slice of tomato

Off to a great start, last day of work before the 4 day weekend!!!

Yum yum!! I made my girls scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and whole wheat toast for breakfast. They were happy and ready for a full day of school! :bigsmile:
  • aythakay
    aythakay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HELP!!! I am a huge believer in clean eating (organics, no trans fats or hydrogenated foods, etc.) and I eat a TON of fruits, veggies, nuts and lean proteins like egg whites) My problem is there is NO WAY I could get off of my Diet Coke or my splenda in my oatmeal and plain yogurt! I just have such a hard picturing life without aANY kind of sweetner- especially my Diet Cokes! Am I hopeless???
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    HELP!!! I am a huge believer in clean eating (organics, no trans fats or hydrogenated foods, etc.) and I eat a TON of fruits, veggies, nuts and lean proteins like egg whites) My problem is there is NO WAY I could get off of my Diet Coke or my splenda in my oatmeal and plain yogurt! I just have such a hard picturing life without aANY kind of sweetner- especially my Diet Cokes! Am I hopeless???

I used to the same way!!! I said I'd never give up splenda or Diet Coke! What did it for me was migraines. I did a lot of reading on it and decided I was sick of dealing w/ constant headaches and feeling yucky. It was my NY resolution 3 years ago to give up DC. Man, it was hard at first but after a couple weeks I didn't miss it!

Have you tried Stevia or Truvia for your oatmeal or yogurt?? I didn't like plain yogurt at first either, but I find it I eat it w/ frozen blueberries, it sweetens it up naturally. Or you could try agave nectar (it's similar to honey).

Just try to make smaller changes and you might surprise yourself!
  • aythakay
    aythakay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sigh....I have tried the Stevia but it has such a weird (bitter?) aftertaste. I'll have to try the agave nectar- I just hate adding those extra calories! Thanks for the thread, though. It is very informative!
  • astridfeline
    Options

Have a great day!!!

Go girl!!

You can do it either way. Peel them first or put them in w/ the peel. But if you do put them w/ the peel, you'll have to defrost them a little before you can get the peel off (I did that the last time I made banana bread from bananas in the freezer). So... it's easier to peel first!

I froze mine last night with the peel on, I did have to zap it in the microwave briefly and then used a butter knife to scrape off the peel----I agree with freezing them w/out the peel, I'm sure it's easier!!

This morning I had a banana-peanutbutter-chocochip smoothie as the banana is the only fruit I have left--need to go shopping!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    mornin all

brkfst ~ 55g Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, 15 almonds, 3 oz banana,4 oz Organic FF Milk & 1 TBSP ground flaxseed.

haven't been able to get my tortilla's yet :sad: the new digital scale is great. kinda a lil over on some and under on others. still feelin great since eatin cleaner and less crap :bigsmile:

C25K w2d2.

have a great day!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    mornin all

brkfst ~ 55g Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, 15 almonds, 3 oz banana,4 oz Organic FF Milk & 1 TBSP ground flaxseed.

haven't been able to get my tortilla's yet :sad: the new digital scale is great. kinda a lil over on some and under on others. still feelin great since eatin cleaner and less crap :bigsmile:

C25K w2d2.

have a great day!

Glad you popped in! I love my digital scale. It's really eye opening once you start using it!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I froze mine last night with the peel on, I did have to zap it in the microwave briefly and then used a butter knife to scrape off the peel----I agree with freezing them w/out the peel, I'm sure it's easier!!

This morning I had a banana-peanutbutter-chocochip smoothie as the banana is the only fruit I have left--need to go shopping!!

Good idea!! Don't ya hate when you get low on fruits/ veggies? Time to shop for sure!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pre-run:
    Mela Access bar

Breakfast:
    Large banana
    Usual oatmeal + 1/2 oz walnuts

Snack/ lunch: (tastes almost like an apple cobbler!)
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal cooked w/ small apple + 1/2 scoop French vanilla protein powder +
    1/4 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 oz walnuts + cinnamon + few drops vanilla extract
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I can eat clean this weekend...I'll try but....food/family/fun.... this sounds pretty hard to do over a holiday get together.

I told them that I would bring a snack....besides a fruit salad or Veggie tray, what type of snack can I bring? I was thinking of something with popcorn but, maybe you all have better ideas.

Also, what do you eat when you want to have a snack? Such as a delicious scoop of Ice Cream or a cookie?
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    :explode: Back to Day 0 - Just couldn't make it through day 4. I should have went to bed at 10pm but, somehow ended up in the kitchen.... which led to this morning when I normally exercise...
    I should have went and rode the elliptical this morning and then ate breakfast, but somehow I ended up in the kitchen... :grumble:

800 and some calories later I hit the shower and hit the "Let's start over" button. So far, after breakfast I am clean. (Of course that's not too many hours, but I fessed up and I started over. That accounts for something, I know it does.

So, I have calories left for my evening meal....:blushing: and then a meeting at the school afterwards so, I should be A OK.
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA, I've been soooo busy. Still eating clean for the most part and aiming to stay consistent. :smile: Tomorrow I am flying out to the East Coast to see my family and go on a beach vacation. I get anxious about how I will be able to eat clean and every 2-3 hours while traveling and not having access to all my creature comforts. That is the only thing I don't like about clean eating - it can be very inconvenient and time-consuming and that in turn makes me feel stressed out. But I know that the more I get used to it, the easier it will be. And I *love* everything else about it - it makes me feel energetic and healthy and I can already tell when I look in the mirror that I am slimmer and more toned. :smile:

Okay, here are my eats/ exercise for yesterday (Wed. Sept. 2nd):

8:30 am
    2/3 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    25 blueberries
    1 banana, chopped

11:30 am
    Low carb low fat whole wheat tortilla
    2 oz grilled chicken breast
    1 oz jalapeno gouda cheese
    10 baby carrots
    5 sm broccoli heads

Work out - 1:30 pm
    7 mile pace run on treadmill
    9:00 min per mi pace
    63 minutes total

3 pm
    Salad - romaine lettuce, 1/4 med. avocado, 1 vine ripened tomato, broccoli, onions
    2 oz chunk light tuna in water

6 pm
    3 oz grilled chicken breast
    1/2 green bell pepper
    2 tbsp salsa
    1 tspn sunflower seeds

8 pm
    8 oz Greek yogurt - low fat, plain
    25 blueberries
    1/2 green apple
    15 almonds
    Few bites of a kidney bean, corn, cucumber & avocado salad

Beverages:
    10 glasses of water (yay!)
    1 cup black coffee

I ate 1,465 calories and burned about 900 calories. That leaves only a net of 565. But I ate constantly all day and wasn't hungry -- when I did get hungry, I ate. So I just don't think it's possible for me to eat all my exercise calories. I'm wondering whether it will balance out if I eat about the same amount of calories (1400-1500) whether I work out or not, because my net calories are supposed to be just above 1200 but whenever I work out, especially now that my pace and speedwork etc. runs have gone up in mileage, I sometimes burn 700 calories and above!

I ate 145g of protein!! Somehow. I read in the Eat Clean Diet book by Tosca Reno that a woman who is trying to build muscle (as I am) should eat one gram of protein for every pound she weighs. Well, I ate 10g over then! I don't know how that happened though. I don't *think* it could be a bad thing...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Rest of my day!!

Snack:
    1 c. plain yogurt + 1/2 c. blueberries
    Homemade iced latte- 4oz coffee + 4oz skim milk + .25 scoop French vanilla protein powder + few drops Stevia (YUM!) and of course, ice :wink:

Dinner: IHOP (out running errands w/ my dd's so we decided to go to IHOP- kids eat free!)
    IHOP for me - 2 Harvest Grain N Nut Pancakes (blueberries in the pancakes and sliced bananas on top) and eggbeaters (580 cals)

Snack:
    Hot cocoa w/ skim

Total:
    2,001 cals (and still have 241 leftover exercise cals)
  • astridfeline
    Options
    I'm not sure that I can eat clean this weekend...I'll try but....food/family/fun.... this sounds pretty hard to do over a holiday get together.

I told them that I would bring a snack....besides a fruit salad or Veggie tray, what type of snack can I bring? I was thinking of something with popcorn but, maybe you all have better ideas.

Also, what do you eat when you want to have a snack? Such as a delicious scoop of Ice Cream or a cookie?

beef jerky :laugh:

tonight I had nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt. But last weekend was my sister's 50th and I had a piece of b-day cake with icecream--a little indulgence every now and then is required. The dinner it was very healthy so it was just dessert that got me.