~ Clean Eaters Thread ~

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    The weekend is over for me......yesterday I went to a friend's wedding and sampled everything including the chocolate raspberry cake, it was delicious! I tried to estimate everything and I think I stayed pretty close to my cal limit--at least I know I didn't go over my maintenance cals! :laugh: :laugh:

Back to the clean healthy eating today: breakfast 1 egg, 3 whites, spinach, sprouted wheat toast. I off for my 2nd session with my personal trainer woohoo!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend as well, can't wait till you all get back!

Back on track today!! Wow, choc. raspberry cake? Sounds like a different wedding cake! How was the PT session?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess
    You know it didn't feel like I was working so hard in the PT session yesterday, but today I woke up sore!! Pleasantly sore of course :happy:

I'm having a peach-blackberry smoothie today, then a swim at 10, then class and studies.......
    Glad to see everyone back on MFP after the long weekend! :happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

So, here's what I've had so far...

Breakfast
    1 c Kashi Go-Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal
    1% milk
    coffee w/skim milk and 3 Splenda (I know, I know...)

Morning Snack (I'd never had it together before and I really enjoyed it)
    1/2 c whipped cottage cheese
    strawberries

Lunch
    1 c egg salad (recipe from Tosca Reno's website)
    7 grain bread
    1/4 c hummus
    carrots
    celery

For the pre-workout snack, I'm thinking about a multigrain English muffin with natural PB...and for dinner we're having the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (I added corn and black beans) with whole wheat tortillas. I might have a side of green beans or something too. Not bad for my first full day of trying this. Some of it could be better, but I'm working on it.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Satellite, that looks pretty perfect to me! :drinker:

My weekend was not perfect but it was pretty good. I am not looking for perfection because after all I am human and humans are not perfect. :laugh: I had to have some blood work done today and fast so I packed my breakfast so I could eat it after the lab visit. I had 2 hard boiled eggs, a tangerine, whole grain/flax english muffin and whipped butter. I stayed out too long and did not pack a snack so I bought a Luna Bar. For lunch: grilled turkey breast and a big salad (romaine, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) with raspberry vinaigrette. Midafternoon snack and dinner look promising...

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey y'all!

So, here's what I've had so far...

Breakfast
    1 c Kashi Go-Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal
    1% milk
    coffee w/skim milk and 3 Splenda (I know, I know...)

Morning Snack (I'd never had it together before and I really enjoyed it)
    1/2 c whipped cottage cheese
    strawberries

Lunch
    1 c egg salad (recipe from Tosca Reno's website)
    7 grain bread
    1/4 c hummus
    carrots
    celery

For the pre-workout snack, I'm thinking about a multigrain English muffin with natural PB...and for dinner we're having the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (I added corn and black beans) with whole wheat tortillas. I might have a side of green beans or something too. Not bad for my first full day of trying this. Some of it could be better, but I'm working on it.

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Looks great!!! I added black beans the last time I made salsa chicken and it was great! I love cottage cheese and fruit together (see my snack above, I had a sliced nectarine w/ cottage cheese & walnuts!). Yum yum! Good carb, protein, and fat. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Satellite, that looks pretty perfect to me! :drinker:

My weekend was not perfect but it was pretty good. I am not looking for perfection because after all I am human and humans are not perfect. :laugh: I had to have some blood work done today and fast so I packed my breakfast so I could eat it after the lab visit. I had 2 hard boiled eggs, a tangerine, whole grain/flax english muffin and whipped butter. I stayed out too long and did not pack a snack so I bought a Luna Bar. For lunch: grilled turkey breast and a big salad (romaine, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) with raspberry vinaigrette. Midafternoon snack and dinner look promising...

Take care! :flowerforyou:

No one is perfect and I am the first to admit that!! :laugh: Good job planning ahead after the labs. You wouldn't want to pass out! :noway: Have a good one, Annette!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    so far today ~

engine starter..... 15 almonds and 1.9 oz clementine
    brkfst ......kashi cinnamon harvest, banana, flaxseed, organic milk
    snack......2 slices swiss cheese
    lunch....gonna see what i can put together that is CLEAN! :bigsmile:

love this thread and all you Cleanies!! :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    Options
    Cleanies, I like that!! :laugh:

I forgot to ask kelly, did you exercise between the "engine starter" and breakfast? That's a good idea for exercising in the morning so you don't have a totally full stomach.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hi astridfeline!

no i didn't get my exercise in then.. i drive a school bus and leave home around 6:50, and return between 8-8:30. Just like to have a lil something so my tumtum isn't all growly during my route, and makin me irritable! i am considering tho of trying to get my exercise in the am, likely after my route b/c i hear it speeds up your metabolism all day, plus I would have it outta the way and no excuses! gotta figure something out here so it can be workable! thanks for askin! :wink:
  • phipps
    phipps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have read Tosca's book and it is very good....you could see if you local library has it first to see if in the future you might want to buy it.. or not.....I liked it... now just gotta do it.....
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I have read Tosca's book and it is very good....you could see if you local library has it first to see if in the future you might want to buy it.. or not.....I liked it... now just gotta do it.....

Yep, that is exactly what I did. Gotta love the library. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    hi astridfeline!

no i didn't get my exercise in then.. i drive a school bus and leave home around 6:50, and return between 8-8:30. Just like to have a lil something so my tumtum isn't all growly during my route, and makin me irritable! i am considering tho of trying to get my exercise in the am, likely after my route b/c i hear it speeds up your metabolism all day, plus I would have it outta the way and no excuses! gotta figure something out here so it can be workable! thanks for askin! :wink:

I do the same thing, sometimes a banana will do the trick pre-workout. Gotta get something in or else I get the rumblies in my tummy!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am back from my beach vacation. I did quite well and I am proud of myself. :) My family bought groceries for the condo we were staying in, and cooked most meals, so I ate oatmeal and yogurt and grilled chicken and fruits and veggies. We went out to eat twice and I had healthy sea food like ahi tuna and steamed shrimp. My dad and I went for an 8 mile run on Sunday and a 5 mile run with some speed work on Monday.

I only had a couple drinks on the whole trip! On Saturday night I had red wine with my dad and siblings -- one glass but my dad pours it big, so actually like a glass and a half. On Monday we were trying to drink the rest of the alcohol so I had a glass of Malibu rum and sprite with my sister-in-law. That was it!

I did have some splurges -- mainly, ice cream a couple times and a few Chips Ahoy cookies. But overall I was the healthiest of any vacation I've ever gone on with my family and I am so happy that I was able to take my new habits to the beach. ;)

Last night my boyfriend and I went to a New Mexican restaurant, which we always do when one or both of us returns from being out of town, and I definitely did not eat clean. I had half of a beef burrito and some chips and salsa, and half a sopapilla. I did it as a "last meal" type of thing ;) because starting today I am strictly eating clean, for three months, until my birthday which is December 9th. By then I hope to weigh 125 pounds or less and I will continue to eat clean/ maintain but from now until then, being super clean is going to be my focus. Wish me well!
  • astridfeline
    Options
    woohoo--I lost two pounds!! Seems like I'm losing in a step-wise fashion which has been a little frustrating, so I was glad to see the scale move! Even though I know I'm doing the right things I was getting worried. I'm so excited I changed my goal weight from 175 to 169 :happy:

Neeter--welcome back and great job with the clean eating on vacation! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am back from my beach vacation. I did quite well and I am proud of myself. :) My family bought groceries for the condo we were staying in, and cooked most meals, so I ate oatmeal and yogurt and grilled chicken and fruits and veggies. We went out to eat twice and I had healthy sea food like ahi tuna and steamed shrimp. My dad and I went for an 8 mile run on Sunday and a 5 mile run with some speed work on Monday.

I only had a couple drinks on the whole trip! On Saturday night I had red wine with my dad and siblings -- one glass but my dad pours it big, so actually like a glass and a half. On Monday we were trying to drink the rest of the alcohol so I had a glass of Malibu rum and sprite with my sister-in-law. That was it!

I did have some splurges -- mainly, ice cream a couple times and a few Chips Ahoy cookies. But overall I was the healthiest of any vacation I've ever gone on with my family and I am so happy that I was able to take my new habits to the beach. ;)

Last night my boyfriend and I went to a New Mexican restaurant, which we always do when one or both of us returns from being out of town, and I definitely did not eat clean. I had half of a beef burrito and some chips and salsa, and half a sopapilla. I did it as a "last meal" type of thing ;) because starting today I am strictly eating clean, for three months, until my birthday which is December 9th. By then I hope to weigh 125 pounds or less and I will continue to eat clean/ maintain but from now until then, being super clean is going to be my focus. Wish me well!

Good job staying on track over the holiday weekend!! But why throw away all your hard work w/ a big old Mexican feast?? Girl, I know you'll be getting back on track today!!! You can do it. Keep it clean, and keep that body fueled!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wednesday already?

Pre-workout: (Insanity Max Plyo + Cardio Abs)
    Banana
    12 almonds

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal + 1/2 c. blueberries +
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder + 1/2 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 oz walnuts
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Good job staying on track over the holiday weekend!! But why throw away all your hard work w/ a big old Mexican feast?? Girl, I know you'll be getting back on track today!!! You can do it. Keep it clean, and keep that body fueled!!

Jess

I'm curious...is there any way to clean up Mexican food? I love the stuff, and am not prepared to never be able to eat it again.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    So far today...

Breakfast
    1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1% milk and strawberries
    Coffee w 1% milk and 2 Splenda (huge deal for me, as I like my coffee SWEET)

Snack
    Multigrain English muffin with natural PB

Lunch
    Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with Laughing Cow spreadable cheese
    Side Salad- mixed greens, grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese and slivered almonds.

Not sure about my afternoon snack, but it has to be a good one since I have 7 miles to run this evening...and dinner is leftover Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with brown rice. Yum.

Later Cleanies!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I made that Slow-cooker Salsa chicken last night too, just had my first serving for lunch today - it is soooo yummy and easy!!! Love it.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm curious...is there any way to clean up Mexican food? I love the stuff, and am not prepared to never be able to eat it again.

I usually make my own. Salsa is awesome and you can get all kinds of different kinds. If you must do chips, try the multi-grain or other kinds of baked (not fried!). Try the whole grain tortillas to make a burrito. I like to make a huge taco salad at home w/ chicken, black beans, lots of veggies, tomatoes, and did I mention salsa? I love salsa! :laugh:

I used to get the chicken fajitas until I saw how much OIL they use in restaurants!!! Now if I do go out, I get a grilled chicken salad and top w/ some avocado (very good fats) and lots of salsa.

It's up to you. I just feel gross if I eat the fried foods now! Oh, and refried beans are beans fried in *lard*. If you must, go for just regular pinto or black beans.