~ Clean Eaters Thread ~

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Cleanies!

I have been doing well lately. I don't usually have the time to post my foods. I kinda eat the same combinations during the week especially when I go to work. I have not been logging in my foods since Sep 1. I think I have managed to do very well with my eating because I have maintained ( actually down a couple of pounds) my weight and have enough energy to do my workouts.

Jess and Neeter, I am jealous of your running times :laugh: I am also training for a half marathon but my husband decided to do it as well and asked for my support. He is a very slow jogger (12min mile) so I have not been able to run at my pace (8-9min miles). I can literally walk next to him when he is "jogging". So my half marathon will be a very slow and long one. :laugh: I keep telling him that he needs to challenge himself and pick up the pace but he is not listening to me. Oh, and he only runs once or twice a week and does not do any other form of exercise the rest of the week. :grumble: Oh well, I guess infant steps with him. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well guys just got off work and am having trader joe's roasted veg lasagna and a chicken sausage with broccolini for dinner. Then I'm going to prep tomorrow's food, a greek salad and I don't know what else yet. :laugh:

Alf it could be worse--you could be jogging with me and my 18min mile!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: At least he's making some effort, maybe he will surprise you suddenly get a little more competitive.

Have a nice sunday night :flowerforyou:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    I want to look into CE more, it sounds like its right up my alley :D
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I want to look into CE more, it sounds like its right up my alley :D

Hi Xenanoo!! Welcome to the thread and join in! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It's Monday!!!! I had an awesome, busy weekend and didn't really log everything but did well. Weight still the same as Friday, so on track. :wink:

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping it clean! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well guys just got off work and am having trader joe's roasted veg lasagna and a chicken sausage with broccolini for dinner. Then I'm going to prep tomorrow's food, a greek salad and I don't know what else yet. :laugh:

Have a nice sunday night :flowerforyou:

That sounds yummy!!!! Lasagna... yummy! And also jealous that you have a TJ's. The nearest one to me is a 2 1/2 hr drive!! :grumble:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies - So great to read everyones successes.

Had a great weekend myself, clean eating and exercise.

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello!! Finally taking a break to log my foods so far!

Workout:
    Max Interval Plyo + Stability ball abs

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal + 1 scoop Biggest Loser Designer Whey double chocolate powder (just trying this out, got it for buy one get one free and it's GOOD! :drinker: ) +
    1/2 c. blueberries + 1/2 c. cottage cheese + 1/4 oz walnuts
    Medium banana

Snack:
    1 c. plain yogurt + chopped nectarine + 1/4 oz walnuts + cinnamon
    2 medium fresh tomatoes (a friend dropped me off a bag from her garden- yum!)

Lunch:
    Time to go eat!!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hi there clean E's ~

well, after yesterday's liquid diet and the scope today, i am ready to eat again! they did take one polyp and wont know results til i see the dr again, but he told me i need to increase my fiber to like 20-35 gms /day. now i am really goin to have to plan all my meals. i am thinkin eatin clean is already high fiber, right? i eat oatmeal, fresh fruits and veggies, any suggestions on bread products? i think beans would be good too, and popcorn? is this all doable clean? i am ready to make the changes here and now! hope ya all had a great monday and the rest of the week is even better! :bigsmile:
  • astridfeline
    Options
    hi there clean E's ~

well, after yesterday's liquid diet and the scope today, i am ready to eat again! they did take one polyp and wont know results til i see the dr again, but he told me i need to increase my fiber to like 20-35 gms /day. now i am really goin to have to plan all my meals. i am thinkin eatin clean is already high fiber, right? i eat oatmeal, fresh fruits and veggies, any suggestions on bread products? i think beans would be good too, and popcorn? is this all doable clean? i am ready to make the changes here and now! hope ya all had a great monday and the rest of the week is even better! :bigsmile:

Oh the scope--I'm not looking forward to one of those anytime soon. I'm sure your polyp is nothing to worry about and glad to hear you get to eat solids again! Yep clean eating can be high in fiber depending on what foods you choose. All the ones you listed are good sources of fiber, especially the beans. When I first started MFP the only 2 things I tracked were calories and fiber, which I set at 30g. I like the Thomas' light english muffins with added fiber--they are ~100 cal, 8g fiber, and very tasty toasted with butter, cottage cheese, or whatever on top. I also have Kashi GoLean and Nature's Path Smart Bran cereals. :happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Kelly, when you buy bread, cereals, etc always look at the nutrition label and look for higher fiber content per svg. I usually look for more than 3-5g of fiber per svg. Oroweat makes high fiber breads and english muffins. Just make sure they are 100% whole wheat and dont have HFCS, etc. And you are right with the veggies, fruit and beans. It is not too hard to have at least 25g of fiber a day. I monitor it as well.

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    hi there clean E's ~

I am the opposite, I often get too *much* fiber. I try to get them from fruits, veggies, and then the whole grain tortillas that I eat have 12g fiber! 1 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal has 10g fiber. Berries, apples, and pears are really high in fiber for fruits. Whole grain pasta usually has 5+g per serving. Oh yeah, and beans are good too! I think clean eaters get a lot more fiber than the general public. Good luck w/ the scope!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    G'morning! Tuesday already! I think Monday flew by!

Pre-run: (5.25 miles)
    Mela Access bar

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal, 1 scoop Designer whey choc. protein powder,
    1/2 c. blueberries, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1/3 oz walnuts

Keep it clean!
  • astridfeline
    Options
    good morning!!
    banana-blueberry smoothie today. I get to swim today--aiming for 2000 yds (40min). Then study, study, study!! Hope you are all having a good so far :happy:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    Hi :D I really like what I have learned so far. a lot of it goes hand in hand with how my husband and I feel about food, so yay! I can'y be too picky right now, living with my parents and all, but this really re enforces to me how importaint it is to cook all your meals with ingredients as "basic" as you can get them. If we were meant to eat boxed food it would have grown on the trees that way :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi :D I really like what I have learned so far. a lot of it goes hand in hand with how my husband and I feel about food, so yay! I can'y be too picky right now, living with my parents and all, but this really re enforces to me how importaint it is to cook all your meals with ingredients as "basic" as you can get them. If we were meant to eat boxed food it would have grown on the trees that way :bigsmile:

So true!! :bigsmile: Can you try to buy things while at your parents house to eat? Or would they be offended? I always pack my own clean foods when I go to my Moms and inlaws house. They're just used to it that way, and I don't feel like I'm burdening them to buy anything special for me!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Just thought I'd share something neat about healthy eating.

My 8yo's teacher sent me an email today and said that she was impressed wtih how much knowledge my dd had about healthy foods and snacks. They were discussing it in class and she said she enjoyed hearing her talk about eating healthy. It just made me proud of her and I told her teacher that I was glad to know that she is listening when I teach her healthy habits. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Just thought I'd share my new favorite homemade mocha latte recipe.

6oz cold coffee, 4oz skim milk, 3 drops Stevia
    1 scoop chocolate deluxe Biggest Loser designer whey powder (could use any protein powder or even vanilla would be good!)

Shake in a hand mixer (I have that tupperware one that you put the lid on and shake).

Serve over ice. YUMMY!

90 cals/ 15g carb/ 6g fiber (I know, fiber in a latte?/ 1g fat/ 10g protein
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey-- popping in to get accountable for clean eating.

I cut out sugar/corn syrups, et cetera-- lost a ton around my middle and no menstrual bloating last month.

Let the sugar back in for a bit, and had the TOM from hell again--

No time for greater introduction-- just wanted to tag for later.