1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    1 Tbsp each of flaxseed and wheat bran
    1/2 Tbsp of bee pollen
    50 blueberries
    Banana, chopped

11 am:
    2 oz chunk light tuna
    Vegetable medly of squash, zuccini, bell peppers, carrots & baby tomatos (about 1 cup)

1 pm (Boss bought lunch for us, I tried to keep it clean):

1/2 turkey sandwich on wheat, 1 slice bread removed, so only 1/2 slice bread eaten
    W/ 1 small slice provolone cheese and
    Mustard, tomato, lettuce

Sm amt (1/4 cup) green chili chicken noodle soup
    Few bites chocolate chip muffin

Salad made of leafy greens, cucumber, tomato and vinagrette dressing

4 pm
    3 oz salmon
    3/4 cup green beans
    w/ grilled tomato slices and 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
    1 hard boiled egg
    15 almonds
    1 cup red grapes

6:15 pm
    Cliff's bar -- Chocolate Almond Fudge flavor

7 pm -- work out:
    8 mile pace run at 9 min per mile
    71:30 total run, plus cool-down jog/walk and stretching
    1 hour, 15 minute workout total

9 pm:
    1/2 cup greek nonfat plain yogurt
    1/4 cup low fat strawberry granola mixed w/ pumpkin flaxseed granola
    25 blueberries

Beverages:
    1 cup black coffee
    9 glasses water

I ate 2,070 calories, 49g fat, 291g carb, 120g sugar, 41g fiber, 129g protein. And too much sodium, due to the half a sandwich from the deli!

I burned 1,070 calories, so my net calories were 1,030. My ratios were 55% carbs, 24% protein and 21% fat.

We're headed back to the lake for one more weekend of camping, but now it seems much easier to travel and eat clean because I'm used to it. I'm bringing my healthy food and plan to run tomorrow in the woods with my dog. I'll post my food for today and for this weekend after I get back.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Not a great day at all, food wise. Didn't overeat and I think I am way under my cals...but I am sitting here having a beer after a really crappy day. At least I had my water and I am up for a 10 miler this weekend.
  • artichoke
    Options
    Not a great day at all, food wise. Didn't overeat and I think I am way under my cals...but I am sitting here having a beer after a really crappy day. At least I had my water and I am up for a 10 miler this weekend.

sounds like you earned that beer! enjoy it....
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    happy, clean weekend to ya all! i have been doing pretty good, clean-wise.:tongue: might be a little challenging the next couple of days tho, i have to prep for a colonoscopy Monday. liquids only 2morrow.

neeter, am likin your meal plan! all the best to you on your 90 day clean streak! i am the only one in my family who is going clean...i have fruits, veggies, lowfat dairy, etc available to all here, 17 & 19 yr old sons and dh. i am so concerned bout their health, futures. my sons do not have wt issues, but that can change. my dh is over wt, and does eat healthier than our boys. my oldest son came home from a football game last nite and just could not find anything in the house to eat....so he ended up makin a grilled Kraft cheese slice, w/bacon on 7 grain bread, of course slathered in margarine. :frown: eewwww! he told me when he gets to 250 lbs that he will worry bout his wt. :frown: i had to leave the room. i guess i can only change myself and hope the others to follow!

i want to thank you all for your comments on how to deal with food pushers, family and friends. all are very helpful ways to handle this sticky situation. and i can relate to the comment about others trying to be healthy, when in reality they are not. yup, it's just best to be quiet, unless they ask! my mom smokes and one time we were talking about eating and i asked her if she wanted me to start smoking, like that would be in the same sense as wanting me to eat her way....she didnt say anything more. :bigsmile:

have a great weekend cleanines! :flowerforyou:
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    This isn't necessarily a clean eating question, but I have been trying to keep an eye on my sodium intake as well as everything else, and am finding it hard to eat enough and stay lower sodium. Things like cottage cheese (which is one of my FAVORITE snacks:love: ) has like 360mg sodium in 1/2 cup! And those tortilla wraps-the lowest sodium ones I have found in my grocery store is still almost 200mg:frown: Any suggestions? What kind of cheeses and things do you girls use? (I mean like FF, 1%, 2%??) Anyway, I know when I do more "mexican" type foods (like for lunch I am going to be making an enchilada) it ups my sodium but just in general how can I keep my sodium low?
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    This isn't necessarily a clean eating question, but I have been trying to keep an eye on my sodium intake as well as everything else, and am finding it hard to eat enough and stay lower sodium. Things like cottage cheese (which is one of my FAVORITE snacks:love: ) has like 360mg sodium in 1/2 cup! And those tortilla wraps-the lowest sodium ones I have found in my grocery store is still almost 200mg:frown: Any suggestions? What kind of cheeses and things do you girls use? (I mean like FF, 1%, 2%??) Anyway, I know when I do more "mexican" type foods (like for lunch I am going to be making an enchilada) it ups my sodium but just in general how can I keep my sodium low?

What is your sodium goal? How much do you usually take in per day? I barely get to a gram, let alone 2.5 grams! We do need sodium in our diet to be healthy!

It's interesting, cuz in England, the goal is 6 grams a day! wow! I would have to salt everything to get that much!

Have you tried using leaf lettuce for wraps? I use brown rice tortillas as well. But be careful with those! They MUST be heated before wrapping or they taste yucky and fall apart! I heat them on the grill until crispy. Funny! cuz when they're crispy, they don't fall apart! lol!

All the best on your journey!

Susie :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Uh oh! Hope you have a good weekend to make up for it and you enjoyed your beer. I'm not a drinker, I can't even stand the smell of beer! Saves me a lot of empty cals that way though. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! I ran 8 miles this morning. Absolutely gorgeous day here!

Pre-run:
    Mela Access bar

Breakfast:
    Small banana
    Usual oatmeal

Need to go eat my snack early, I burned over 700 cals and have only taken in a little over 500. Guess that's why I feel a little headachey. :huh:

Going to an Oktoberfest party tonight, this should be interesting. German sausage, sauerkraut, potato salad, and all kinds of unhealthy stuff I'm sure! I am taking a veggie tray at least! :wink:
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would LIKE to keep my sodium under 2000, but I usually end up with only like 300-500 left at the end of the day:frown: I don't know if I am just picking bad things that can be changed (like the cottage cheese) or if its due to eating alot to use most of my exercise cals...I have plenty of fruits in the day, and try to at least get veggies in 2-3 meals a day as well. I have done lettuce wraps before-very yummy! I have never seen brown rice tortillas before--it is my luck I probably don't have a store that sells them nearby:grumble: I almost never go over 2500 sodium though, thanks to MFP-I probably would have never realized! Thanks for the help..
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow we had an amazing thunder & lightening storm last night...still some thunder going on now. Not usual for this area!
    My breakfast:
    Trader's sprouted cinnamon bread, 1 slice
    Smoothie with figs, blackberries

And then off to lift weights! Hope you all are enjoying the weekend so far :happy:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    the american heart association recommends a maximim sodium intake of 2300 mg per day for adults with normal blood pressure. there is salt in so much of what we eat. i have never been a 'salter' and my levels seem to stay within the range pretty regularly. on the days i go over or way over, i just drink more water....and pee it away :bigsmile: i think your numbers are fine, and your awareness is a plus! . :wink:
  • artichoke
    Options
    Wow we had an amazing thunder & lightening storm last night...still some thunder going on now. Not usual for this area!

No kidding!!! I am in SF and it was SO LOUD. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I've LOVE listening to thunderstorms (from the comfort of my home, of course).

I'm baking a cake (chocolate zucchini + WW flour) for my partner's birthday this morning, and am finding it very difficult to keep my fingers out of the cream cheese FROSTING! I don't even have much of a sweet tooth, but it's been AGES since I've had frosting :) ....I know a little dip won't kill me - and it is great motivation to get out and run before I leave for the weekend.

have a great day everyone!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Uh oh! Hope you have a good weekend to make up for it and you enjoyed your beer. I'm not a drinker, I can't even stand the smell of beer! Saves me a lot of empty cals that way though. :laugh:

I most certainly did enjoy that beer! Since it's still really soggy and disgusting from yesterday/last night's rain, I went to the gym for Body Combat instead...burned 350-400 cals. Much better with the food, too.

Breakfast:
    1 cup Kashi Go-Lean Honey Almond Flax
    1% milk

Morning Snack
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams (I think I could give up candy for this stuff...and NO REFINED SUGAR!)

Lunch
    1 slice pizza on homemade whole wheat crust
    Celery, green peppers, carrots
    Hummus

So far, so good...feeling pretty good because my eating schedule is usually not this put-together on weekends. Looking for a "cleaner" recipe for my pizza crust...the one I have calls for 3 cups of white flour to 1/14 cups of whole wheat. I wonder how it would taste if I changed the ratio? Perhaps I will try that next time I make it.

Happy Saturday Cleanies!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I most certainly did enjoy that beer! Since it's still really soggy and disgusting from yesterday/last night's rain, I went to the gym for Body Combat instead...burned 350-400 cals. Much better with the food, too.

Breakfast:
    1 cup Kashi Go-Lean Honey Almond Flax
    1% milk

Morning Snack
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams (I think I could give up candy for this stuff...and NO REFINED SUGAR!)

Lunch
    1 slice pizza on homemade whole wheat crust
    Celery, green peppers, carrots
    Hummus

So far, so good...feeling pretty good because my eating schedule is usually not this put-together on weekends. Looking for a "cleaner" recipe for my pizza crust...the one I have calls for 3 cups of white flour to 1/14 cups of whole wheat. I wonder how it would taste if I changed the ratio? Perhaps I will try that next time I make it.

Happy Saturday Cleanies!

Hey there! Glad you are doing better! You can add more whole wheat to the dough, it should still be fine. I just make my pizza on flatbreads or low carb tortillas instead of crust.

Body Combat sounds fun! I have a friend that teaches it. Have a good one!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I would LIKE to keep my sodium under 2000, but I usually end up with only like 300-500 left at the end of the day:frown: I don't know if I am just picking bad things that can be changed (like the cottage cheese) or if its due to eating alot to use most of my exercise cals...I have plenty of fruits in the day, and try to at least get veggies in 2-3 meals a day as well. I have done lettuce wraps before-very yummy! I have never seen brown rice tortillas before--it is my luck I probably don't have a store that sells them nearby:grumble: I almost never go over 2500 sodium though, thanks to MFP-I probably would have never realized! Thanks for the help..

I actually have to make sure that I get *enough* sodium. I have low blood pressure and was having problems passing out if I stood up too fast or bent over for a while. My Dr. recommended making sure I get enough sodium and I've felt fine around 2,500- 2,800 mg a day. I find that mainly my sodium comes from cottage cheese and wraps. I have been buying the fresh salsa since the bottled kind seems to have a lot of sodium too. I also always rinse my canned beans and that flushes out the sodium too.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! I ran 8 miles this morning. Absolutely gorgeous day here!

Pre-run:
    Mela Access bar

Breakfast:
    Small banana
    Usual oatmeal

Need to go eat my snack early, I burned over 700 cals and have only taken in a little over 500. Guess that's why I feel a little headachey. :huh:

Going to an Oktoberfest party tonight, this should be interesting. German sausage, sauerkraut, potato salad, and all kinds of unhealthy stuff I'm sure! I am taking a veggie tray at least! :wink:

Ok, so I had my snack:
    1/2 c. cottage cheese + small nectarine + 1/4 oz walnuts + cinnamon

And then a friend called to go for coffee. She treated me to Starbucks which I don't do often!
    Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte (yum!)

Lunch:
    Low-carb WW tortilla w/ laughing cow light cheese + 4oz chicken breast + fresh salsa
    1 c. plain yogurt + 1/2 c. frozen triple berries + 1/4 oz walnuts
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

No kidding!!! I am in SF and it was SO LOUD. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I've LOVE listening to thunderstorms (from the comfort of my home, of course).

I'm baking a cake (chocolate zucchini + WW flour) for my partner's birthday this morning, and am finding it very difficult to keep my fingers out of the cream cheese FROSTING! I don't even have much of a sweet tooth, but it's been AGES since I've had frosting :) ....I know a little dip won't kill me - and it is great motivation to get out and run before I leave for the weekend.

have a great day everyone!

Oh cool someone near me!!! I'm in Berkeley! :happy:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was a clean eater and have slipped quit a bit over the last 2 years. I am so happy to have found this tread! Love the recipe suggestions.

And I'm close to you guys also! I live in Pleasanton and the thunder this morning was awesome!!!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    "I feel GREAT about my body now, I started this miraculous journey in January at about 167lbs, and now am about 115lbs. Just amazed with myself I guess I worry because I do not want to go back-EVER! heh... "

Oh my gosh! You are an inspiration! Good for you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Welcome Dive_Girl!!

I won't be around much today. We have a huge church service and picnic so will check in later!!

So far...

Workout: Insanity Max Sports Conditioning
    Breakfast:
    Medium banana
    Usual oatmeal

Will be packing some healthy snacks because I have no idea what the lunch menu is!