Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This post really helped me thank you :) I have become abit obsessed with the scales and im on a slimming group on fb, while others are losing between 5/10lb a week I found it such a struggle to lose a pound and half and now the scales are barley moving. It was good to see that if you cary on it will eventually come off :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @kim55555 all GREAT with me Kim, I've been enjoying not logging my foods now for about 6 weeks and its going sooo well - I'm delighted about that! I figure I've got this mindful eating thing to a tee and despite being on a cruise for a few weeks I'm at the lower end of my goal range which is terrific as most years when we go on holiday it takes me a few months getting back to my lower weight! (as much as I'd like to see a lower number on the scale I know I'm fine where I'm at, so any loss that might happen will be a bonus)

I still mentally keep an eye on my cals, week days are more like 1900 cals and weekends 2300. Of course I'm still doing same pretty high level of activity so all is well.

I know you'll be fine, that weight will continue to come off, slow and steady is best :smile:

That's awesome! Very impressive. I wanna be like you! It must be something like 1and a half years now that you've maintained. Amazing!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    This post really helped me thank you :) I have become abit obsessed with the scales and im on a slimming group on fb, while others are losing between 5/10lb a week I found it such a struggle to lose a pound and half and now the scales are barley moving. It was good to see that if you cary on it will eventually come off :)

Hi your welcome. Glad it's helped! ☺️

Yep keep eating the right amount & the fat will come off!

I'm taking a 6 weekly approach with the scale and monthly photo, monthly measurements.

I'm aiming for 1850, at this stage, & I'll see how I go. As I lose the fat I increase my calories.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    @kim55555 ahh you're too kind! but yes, over a year and a half at maintenance, as much as I'd still like to drop another 5lbs I've reached a happy place, if I ended up losing those extra pounds some day then that'll be a bonus.

so are you only going to weigh in every 6 weeks??

1850 is a decent enough number, if you have a really active day and feel hunger you could add 200 and still be on a losing streak...
    You really have got this sussed Kim :smile:
  • Kim55555
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Your looking pretty good going by your profile pic ;) it doesn't look like you need to lose anymore :smile:

Nope I'll weigh in every day but just take notice of the 6 weekly progress.

Yep, I've got the weight loss part sussed :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I was wondering if you could last 6 weeks lol
    I jump on them most days, I think it's good to know our bodies and the reasons for fluctuations.

I honestly could stand to lose another 7lbs, it's all belly fat I have now but I enjoy my food too much to eat constantly at deficit, I generally try to keep 10% deficit approx so if I do get lighter it's going to be a long way off...Maybe Christmas!

We are doing pretty ok in general :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    I agree, the key to maintenance is not to eat at maintenance haha, but to eat slightly below. :wink:

Yeah I love my food too

It's amazing though because when I got down to 57 I thought I had more tummy fat I wanted to lose but going by photos and how I looked in clothes I was looking very lean!! Very cut!! Maybe I had a distorted view. Anyway this time I'm just going to keep going, not stop losing, and once I get to 57 I'll do a (forever long slow) recomp at close to a 5% defecit.

I'm aiming to be 57 by March 1. :smile:

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    absolutely agree with always having a 5% deficit in the long run :smile:
    Thanks for updating this post.

Have a lovely day and weekend :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Ok so I decided to wait until September 7 to start as that is day 1 of my offseason. I needed to make sure I had enough energy for my finals.

Goal is to get to the range of 57 and 59 kg by March 1st. Then once I get there I'll do a forever recomp eating at 5% defecit. :smiley:

• Kim55555
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Started well

1st week I ate 2045 Gross calories and I'm down to 64.4, which is a 1.4 kg loss. To achieve this I did a moderate amount of exercise and heavy weights. I'd be thrilled to be able to keep eating this amount and be able to lose as last time when I started I was eating 18-1900 calories. :smile:

I'll up my calorie settings to 2000! I'll try to stay just under 2000 if I can or as close to 2000 as I can
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @Kim55555 being able to lose on 2000 cals is awesome :smile: wtg!

I am doing great too, currently eating 1800 gross and losing 1/2lb / week. I decided to lower my goal weight to 130 - so 4lbs to go!
    Also have cut back on cardio and doing more strength.

Keep the updates coming :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    It's great isn't it! 1800-1900 just wasn't working for me, way to low.

Glad to hear you've cut back on Your cardio as you burnt yourself out & got injuries at times. Moderate cardio is the way to go and yep more strength good to see. :smiley: good work!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 glad I've got your approval :smiley:
    We're doing just fine :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Cool! I've made a bit of a change too. Because I lift so heavy and it's physically so draining I've decided to do each body part just once a week or once every 5 days. Muscles need time to repair and grow. It also means I'm not totally stuffed/overtrained by the end of the session. 3 times a week total body is really just directed at beginner average Jo blow types not someone like me.

I made the mistake of eating a bit too much at my parents for dinner lately. They have been dropping me and picking me up from work as my car was at the panel beaters for a week and half. I was guestimating my calories and must've been eating a bit too much. It's either that or my period that caused the scale to stop. I'm starting these lite n easy dinners to help me know how many calories I'm eating.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    So I've decided to go by a 6 weekly trend rather than a 5 weekly trend. I've lost just over 3/4 of a kg in the past 6 weeks. 800 grams.

My pattern is I lose some scale weight & then a little more a few days later or a week later. It happens all in the space of 1 week!

Then the scale trends upwards. Feb 5 was day 1 of my last period and I was at my upper range for approx 1 and a 1/2 weeks. Feb 15 was the day I got to my new low of 57.9 kg.

I should get my next period around about March 5 and a few days leading up to it and the week during my period my scale will be at its highest again! Im hoping my high scale weight (will be at a new low) in the 59's next time. Hoping not to see it in the 60's.

Then approx 1 & 1/2 to 2 weeks after day 1 of my period I shall again see the low end of my scale range and hopefully a new low scale weight. Last time it took 10 days to see the new number of 57.9 kg after day 1 of my period was 60.0 kg.

I have to keep reminding myself that my body will only ever lose the weight in the space of one week and that I need to look at the 6 weekly pattern oh and also not to freak out every time my body stays in the high end of the range due to the time of the month.

So I will see my lowest weight again in the middle of march about 1 and a half weeks after day 1 of my period.

:smiley:

Glad I have been reading over my notes! I was worried for a while that I was eating too much. My scale went up and hasn't budged. It's been because of my period. Day 1 of my period was last Tuesday the 16th of September. Just a few days earlier on September 13 I weighed a new low of 64.4 kg but then 4 days later on the 17th I weighed 65.5 kg. I got to 64.7 on sep 20. So judging by previous patterns from the last time I was losing weight. I will see a new low weight in approx another half a weeks time. Hoping for high 63 kg or thereabouts. :smile:

M
  • Kim55555
    Options
    My Sep 14 - Sep 20 gross calorie average was 1983
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    thats a nice number Kim - for the week that has passed I averaged total of 1948, thats not bad either, I certainly don't feel that I should be eating more. I just try to make healthier choices so calories aren't wasted...but sometimes a packet of crisps has my name on it lol
  • Kim55555
    Options
    That's cool :smile: I'm a bit envious. It's all or nothing with me. I tried the moderation thing during winter, ate a snack size packet of grain waves then a couple more packets, I couldn't stop at just one packet. Then the following day I polished off the rest of the packet of 3. I don't mind just sticking to the healthier snacks if it means I can stay slim.

ATM since footy season finished I've been resting my knees and doing long distance walking & weights. I'll start swimming soon, it's getting warmer 31 degrees today! oh and cycling. Right now it's nice to do activities that are not vigorous. To give my body a rest. Then early to mid October ill get back ino the running and sprints again. There's a boxing studio just up the road from me at work which I want to try. That will be good for my knees as its low impact, and involves spinning (cycling) I do miss my serotonin hit though so I'll prob start sooner rather than later.

Arrghhh I wish the scale would move. Today I was 65.4. I know I just need to have patience and it will go down when it goes down lol. :smiley: I'll keep eating 2000 for a couple more weeks and see how I go.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @kim55555 I know if its an issue stopping with one not so good snack choice then sometimes its better to just cut it out completely...I'm just one of those people who can have half a chocolate bar or 1 packet of crisps and that satisfies me.
    Be patient with that scale, give it til the weekend to go down - for me Fri and Sat is always when I'm lightest. I'm at 134.8 today but by Sat I should be 133.something! I'm still aiming for 130 but its always been really slow for me plus its more about recomping now rather than a perfect number on the scale :smile:

I think its great the way you are mixing up your exercise :smile:
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Just thought I'd bop in and say hi. A little update: For two years I was struggling to eat less and not lose weight (a few pounds here and gain them back). Well I found out I was eating way more than a 15% deficit so my body was fighting me to hold on to everything. So I started a metabolism reset in July--and just recently started my cut increasing my protein in take significantly--and it sure has helped with the hunger pains. Hopefully it will help with my weight lifting and change my body composition too. :-)

You both sound like your doing fabulous! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!