Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, no. I prefer my men tall, but if the guy is a good person I'd consider it. I always dated guys based on their personality rather than their looks. I'm only 5'3", so the majority of men are taller than I am :)
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No! I know it really shallow but for me it's the taller the better, 6 foot plus preferably.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and my husband is 5'7''. Honestly, I forget how short he is. I always thought I'd marry a tall guy - didn't want to feel like a giant next to hubs...but turns out, I don't. And he encourages me to wear high heels - he thinks it's hot, and it doesn't intimidate him at all. I don't know...maybe it's just my husband, but even though he's 4 inches shorter than I am, we can be dancing or cuddling and I've never felt my height around him.

I say, you see a tall girl that you are attracted to, go for it. If she rejects you because you're short...that's her problem for overlooking a large population of perfectly suitable men.

Same here. I'm almost half a head taller, but I never notice it when we cuddle or kiss. Our height difference has never been a problem for either of us.
    We've been together for over 14 years now and have a beautiful daughter. He's a great father and wonderful husband. I'd hate to have missed out on such a wonderful man just because of his height, thank god I'm not that shallow.

OP, don't give up on taller women, we aren't all as silly to reject a man on a minor issue like that :wink:
  • kraj8995
    kraj8995 Posts: 28
    Options
    Its totally depends on girl whether she is interested in you or not.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my ex was 5'4". It didn't bother me at the time but looking back at pics, I was always slouching.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a saying.

"When you're nose to nose, your toes is in it and, when you're toes to toes, your nose is in it."
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    No I would not.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have in the past. I prefer someone taller though. I'm pretty tall.. 5'10.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    yes, I would. But not if it was more than 2 or 3 inches. I would feel really awkward if I ever had to wear heels.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 so it is not too often that I meet guys shorter than myself but I don't think I would rule someone out because they were shorter. I would if they were too tall though. Too tall and it is awkward to kiss and hold hands. So yeah, I think 5'6 to 5'11 is my ideal range really if I ever get back into the dating game.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't, but I am 5'3. I think only 8 year olds are shorter than me, and I'm not going there.
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    All depends on the guy. I dated a marine who was 5'5,I am 5'10,he oozed sexy and didn't care he couldn't put his arm around my shoulders ,He put them around my waist and pull me in. He did request I not wear heels. Another guy 5'7 was aways trying to make me shorter and would get mad that I wanted to stand up straight.Then again I 've had several guys 5'10-6' tell me I was perfect but too tall.I had one tell me women shouldn't be taller than 5'6 lol.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10... if I refused to date men shorter then me I'd be screwing myself over. haha.

Sometimes shorter men can be attractive to me, sometimes they're not. I assume this must mean I'm attracted to something other then their height.

Ideally I'd like a guy taller then me... just because I feel more delicate around taller men. Silly, I know, but I like feeling smaller now and then and because of my height, no matter how thin I am, I always feel huge.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I have been taller than most of the men I've dated but it doesn't bug me. It's something I've just learned to accept since I am tall.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    im pretty short to begin with only 5'3', so no i wouldnt really be interested in anyone shorter than me. however my husband is only 1 inch taller than me, but i kind of like that hes my size :)
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my bf is 5'5". :love:
    The heart of a man is so much more important to me than his height.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    No...but that's because I'm five foot two and it's unlikely I would find a guy shorter than me. Besides, I find tall, bulky men very sexy.
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 so NOOOOOOOOO ...... They need to be at least 6'0 for me thats what I like but if the guy is really nice, then height is just a number
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have dated men from 5'2" to 6'5". I am 5'4" and to be honest, I prefer shorter guys because they are easier to kiss. However, there are ways to get around that! :wink: To be honest, confidence wins every time!
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. My husband's 5'7. It's never bothered me.