Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Now, If I were single, yes.

When I was younger, No. I was too insecure in myself. It wasn't that the guy was too short, it was that he would have made me feel too big, which of course I was taught to believe was bad for a woman.
  • LisaD1021
    LisaD1021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and really prefer someone taller than me. However, I dated a guy that was 5'4" when I was in College. On our first date, I wore shoes that made me a couple of inches taller because I hadn't realized he was shorter than me. (He had so much self-confidence I didn't notice his height.) The only awkward part was when he tried to walk with me with his arm around my shoulders. I also dated a guy who was 6'5" and kissing him gave me a stiff neck, so he would stand a step down from me.

My ex husband claims to be 5'10" but I don't think he's quite that tall. He's very self conscious about his height, and can't stand the fact that our son is taller than him and has been since he was 15.

It depends on the individual. Some people are VERY aware of height differences, some are not.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I would, if I wasn't married. lol. I'm 5'7. 5 years ago, I wouldn't have probably. :laugh:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2", my partner is 6', I do prefer men to be about that height. Definitelwould not date anyone shorter than me, that would be weird! Like dating a hobbit! :-P
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    I have dated people shorter than me in the past. Not a dealbreaker, but there is a difference between a couple inches and like a foot. I don't think I would want to look like someone's mom next to them if I was wearing heels.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    ChefSuzzieQ Posts: 119
    Options
    I don't but I am only 5'3. IDK, I went out with a guy once who was my hieght and it was just strange for me. Sorry. But everyone likes something different so it doesn't really matter what we all think. Just what the women you are interested in think. And you will never know that unless you approach them.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    Sure. That's definitively not the deciding point.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    no when i was dating i generally did not entertain guys shorter than i...but please note im only 5'2ish
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Most guys are taller than me (I'm 5'3). I'm usually am not attracted to short guys, but any guy taller than 5'5 is fine.
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    I would date a guy who is shorter than me though honestly my ideal is at least 6ft (sorry:-/) but I can't imagine rejecting someone solely based on height. Just like I'm not going to date someone based on income ( though you need to be financially responsible and have some sort of realistic career goals), height wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I'd actually be impressed if the nice short guy asked me out more so than the waffling tall guy.
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 6' tall. I was 5'10" when I was 13, so I grew up used to (almost) everyone being shorter. I've definately dated shorter men, and it wasn't really an issue. I do recall one prom, where my boyfriend stood on the steps, and I stood off them for photos, but we were laughing and joking about it.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum! I 'look tall' regardless of whether I'm wearing heels or not. I wear them because I like them. Sometimes it puts me a bit over the guy I'm dating, so what. :tongue:
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    I have typically always dated guys taller than myself, however being 5'3, I don't often have issues with that. With that being said, it's not about a person's height, it's about the connection, so I'd never rule it out.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have dated lots of guys who were shorter than me. :)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Both my Husbands are in excess of 6'1" and I have never dated a guy shorter than me, but my eldest Daughter, who is very tall, is married to a guy who is shorter than her
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Both my Husbands are in excess of 6'1" and I have never dated a guy shorter than me, but my eldest Daughter, who is very tall, is married to a guy who is shorter than her

Wait, did you just say both your husbands?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I'm pretty insecure about my height because I'm taller than many guys.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    it does'nt matter to me 5'3 so i dont care if u are taller than me or not im not picky
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

Wait, did you just say both your husbands?

yes, I did...the first Husband is 6'4^ and the second Husband is 6'2", they are both alive, just only married to one at a time lol
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    definitely not a fan
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't but I am also 5'1"